Valorant is Riot Game’s first attempt at a competitive shooter, and it blends the lethality of Counter Strike with the character-based gameplay of something like Overwatch or Team Fortress 2.
Each Agent in Valorant has a unique set of abilities which are designed for utility, rather than to overpower opponents. You’ll lock in an Agent for the duration of a match, and will then purchase abilities depending on the state of your team’s economy.
In the sections below we’ll take you through every Valorant Agent showcased so far, and breakdown all of their abilities.
Valorant's closed beta is arriving very soon! Head over to our Valorant Closed Beta: How to sign up and get a key page to help increase your chances of gaining early access.
And for a complete overview of the game, our Valorant: Everything you need to know page has you covered!
Valorant: All Agents and Abilities
Before we kick things off, it’s worth going over how you’ll pick Agents and use abilities in Valorant. Unlike many other hero shooters which have infinite use abilities on short cooldowns, Valorant’s are limited use, and must be bought at the start of every round.
Every Agent in Valorant has one Ultimate ability, one Main ability, and two purchasable abilities.
- Ultimate: This is each Agent's most powerful ability and requires multiple charges to use. You earn these charges through kills or completing objectives, meaning it could take multiple rounds before you can use your Ultimate.
- Signature: This recharges at the start of every round. Its number of uses and cooldowns are determined by the Agent you choose.
- Purchasable: At the start of each round you can purchase two extra abilities (like grenades in CS). Once used they don’t recharge and will need to be bought again.
Uses fire abilities to block enemy vision, deal damage, and zone enemies.
- Hot Hands - Throws a fireball that covers a small area in flames after a short delay or when it hits the ground. These flames damage your enemies but heal you.
- Blaze - Summon a wall of fire that blocks vision and damages anyone passing through it. The wall can also be bent when casting.
- Curveball (Signature) - Throw a flashbang that curves around corners.
- Run it back (Ultimate) - Marks your current location and starts a short timer. When the timer expires, or if you die, you respawn at the marked location with full health.
Agile and evasive, this agent darts around the battlefield and uses lethal throwing knives to stop enemies in their tracks.
- Cloudburst - Throw out a cloud of fog that obscures vision on impact. Hold down the ability button to bend the cloud’s in-flight trajectory.
- Updraft - After a brief wind up, propel yourself upwards.
- Tailwind (Signature) - Immediately dash a short distance in the direction you’re moving.
- Blade Storm (Ultimate) - Arm yourself with several deadly throwing knives that deal moderate damage and kill on headshots. Scoring a kill restores all daggers. Left click throws a single dagger. Right click throws all remaining daggers in a short-ranged burst.
Controls the battlefield with poisonous chemical devices which require a special resource called Fuel.
- Snakebite - Fire a projectile that creates a pool of acid.
- Poison Cloud - Throw a gas bomb that emits a cloud of poisonous smoke at the cost of fuel. You can retrieve the gas bomb and throw it again after a short cooldown.
- Toxic Screen (Signature) - Creates a line of gas emitters that can be activated to create a wall of toxic gas at the cost of fuel.
- Viper’s Pit (Ultimate) - Creates a poison cloud that blankets a large area, letting Viper easily pick off enemies trapped within it.
A tracker whose arrows will seek out enemies or deal big damage.
- Shock Bolt - Fire an explosive bolt that emits a damaging pulse of static energy upon impact.
- Owl Drone - Deploy a pilotable drone that can fire a dart that will Reveal enemies who are hit.
- Recon Bolt (Signature) - Fire a bolt that deploys a sonar emitter. The sonar pings tag nearby enemies, causing them to be revealed. Can be destroyed.
- Hunter’s Fury (Ultimate) - Fire up to three deadly energy blasts that spear across the entire map. Each hit enemy takes heavy damage and is marked.
Valorant’s spy, who lures enemies into traps and makes sure no-one can hide.
- Trapwire - Place a tripwire between two walls that restrains and reveals enemies who cross it for a short time. Can be retrieved and reused.
- Cyber Cage - Places a trap that, when activated, slows enemies who pass through it. Cypher can also detonate the traps, either one at a time or all at once.
- Spycam (Signature) - Place a remote camera that can be manually operated to fire tracking darts at enemies.
- Neural Theft (Ultimate) - Steal intel from a dead enemy, revealing the location of their allies.
An orbital menace who delivers utility from above with frightening accuracy.
- Incendiary - Throw an incendiary grenade that coats an area in flames.
- Stim Beacon - Select an area to call in this beacon that gives any player nearby a boost to fire speed.
- Sky Smoke (Signature) - Use your map to call in multiple smokescreens that block vision.
- Orbital Strike (Ultimate) - Call in a deadly orbital strike that strikes a targeted area repeatedly over several seconds.
Valorant’s medic class who heals allies and slows enemies so her teammates can escape danger safely.
- Slow Orb - Cast out a radianite orb that breaks into a slowing field upon impact with the ground. All caught in the field are slowed, grounded, and make noise when moving.
- Barrier Orb - Conjure a large, solid wall. Right-click to rotate the wall before casting.
- Healing Orb (Signature) - Heal an ally or yourself to full health over a few seconds.
- Resurrection (Ultimate) - Target a friendly corpse. After a short delay, revive them with full health.
More essential Valorant guides:
A shadowy figure who can render enemies blind and teleport across the field.
- Paranoia - Send out an Ethereal shadow in a straight line, Nearsighting anyone it touches.
- Shadow Walk - After a delay, dematerialize and teleport a short distance.
- Dark Cover (Signature) - Cast out a stealthed ethereal orb that bursts into an obscuring sphere of shadow at its final location. Can be charged to increase distance.
- From the Shadows (Ultimate) - Select anywhere on the map to teleport and reform. When arriving, appear as a Shade, that will go back to your original location if killed. Once the teleport is complete, become Incorporeal for a short time.