Brill Bumper Blurst Hyper-Bargain

By Jim Rossignol on September 11th, 2009 at 8:30 am.

If you’ve been following the Blurst gaming phenomenon you’ll know that their superlative-invoking games have been free in an embedded web-player version for some time now. However, they’ve now launched a bundle of Time Donkey, Crane Wars, Raptor Safari, and Blush for a handsome $20. These mean full-screen, unlimited version of each of these games for – no, wait, you can use the coupon code ROCKPAPERSHOTGUN to get the entire bundle for a irresistible $10 (£6.34!). Now that is some cheap entertainments for the weekend, eh? Or were you planning on going outside? You monster.

, , , , .

1. The Sombrero Kid says:

grrr they’ve left out all the best games, the only one i’m really interested in there is blush, i want paper moon jetpack brontosaur and minotaur chinashop, nice one on the code though!

2. The_B says:

Yay for Blurst, Yay for RPS and Yay for vouchers. Who needs the Beatles when there’s this much love in the room, eh?

3. Lambchops says:

I got an email from them saying that I’d played Velociraptor Safarai lots of times and here’s a coupon for 25% off. I swithered about getting it, the whole pack or just not bothering.

Then i came here and saw the discount and was glad I’d held off.

Cheers guys – I’m off to play some Blurst goodness.

4. Bhazor says:

Don’t go outside!
    There’s tigers.

5. RogB says:

bought-ed on the strength of the time donkey video ALONE.

6. Hmm-Hmm. says:

Of all their games I liked jetpack brontosaur the most, played in a zen-like exploratory way. Which is to say that I’m probably not a part of their target audience. Not sure why, though (although the words repetitive, dull and not that funny seem to resound). I mean, the games seem likeable, but there’s not lasting fun.

Hmm.

7. Heliocentric says:

The coupons good for all purchases right? Because i don’t really want crane wars and the jury is out on time donkey.

8. Samuel Erikson says:

I’m getting an “Invalid Coupon” message.

zak canard says:

I believe this coupon just like the twitter and facebook ones may have been good for the first 50 customers who attempt to use it. No matter, £4/game once you add the VAT is still a steal for these games.

10. 535games says:

Same here. Looks like the discount went belly-up.

11. Nero says:

I already took advantage of a code that popped up in Twitter and got it for half the price. I was going to get it some time anyway, but can’t pass it up. The guys deserves some money so they can eat.

12. Dean says:

Yeah doesn’t work for me either, would have gone for it.

13. Heliocentric says:

They don’t need to eat. Starvation makes you crazy. Their best work is crazy.

These people need to be living on the edge of life and death.

14. Matthew says:

I extended the usage count on the coupon–should work again!

15. dingo says:

Cool Matt :)
    Just bought it.

16. dingo says:

Damn missing “edit” function: Coupon code worked!

17. Dean says:

Thanks Matthew!

18. Oak says:

Would anyone who’s bought a deluxe version care to comment on how deluxe-y they are?

19. Stromko says:

I wouldn’t really want to play those particular games that badly. Not sure how good Time Donkey is, still haven’t played it, but the others I grew tired of pretty soon. Unless the gameplay is expanded in some way (such as letting the time limits be an optional thing perhaps?), I don’t see any reason to play them again, so I don’t feel a need to buy them.

If Minotaur China Shop or Jetpack Brontosaurus were in the pack, I’d consider it, because they’re more like fully fleshed-out games. MCS has different paths and decisions you can make, while Jetpack Brontosaurus has multiple worlds to explore and a complex skillset (piloting a jetpack brontosaurus) to develop.

20. Matthew says:

“such as letting the time limits be an optional thing perhaps?”

All of the downloadable versions have a sandbox mode (which will also show up in the web version if you’re logged in to your account).

21. Lambchops says:

@ Oak

The deluxey-ness runs to having full screen versions of the games and also having a sandbox mode for each game which removes the time limits.

Also since i played Off-Road Velociraptor Safarai a lot when it came out I got an email from Blusrt about it where they suggested there’s more to come from it:

“P.S. We’re currently in the planning stages for new standalone-only Raptor Safari content. The new stuff–maybe even a proper sequel!–will be a free upgrade to everyone who owns the game (even if we raise prices later, etc). Buy today and convince us to keep working on the game :)”

22. qrter says:

The coupon works for me. Super.

23. thranx says:

I was able to use the facebook code for the same deal before that ran out. 10 bucks for all that goodness… I was gonna just buy Velociraptor Safari all by itself. :) DEAL!

24. insertinear says:

Love RPS and love Raptor Safari! Thanks for the awesome deal dudes!