The Sunday Papers

By Jim Rossignol on October 17th, 2010 at 9:41 am.

Sundays are for thumbing through a copy of 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die, a colossal coffee-table tome whose contributors include me, Gillen, Simon Parkin, and a number of other RPS writer allies. It was quite the project, and I’m pleased to see the resulting book could be used to club intruders to death, should the situation demand. Also, Sundays are for internet thought-links. Here are some of they.

• In a week dominated by corporate whistle-blowers and their attendant satirists, it was The Horrible Truth About Cliff Bleszinski that actually made me laugh. The anonymous blog post claims that Mr B is addicted to Cherry Flavor Hostess Fruit Pies, meaning that “…during UT development he was LITERALLY bouncing off the walls, which is the inspiration behind that move by the way.” And the Gears Of War design leprechaun was gracious enough to admit that it was basically true.
  • Perhaps my favourite piece of writing this week was by Leigh Alexander, in an article cryptically titled “In An Era Of ‘Anguish’, Game Design Searches For Its Soul.” What this soul searching actually refers to is the apparent tension between social/casual game design and the the more traditional mainstream philosophies, and the resulting squabbles between developers. Is the traditional mainstream approach really a more authentic philosophy, asks Alexander, or is the search for games that mean something unrelated to either endeavour? “Is designing a metrics-driven title designed to engage users in a compulsion loop so that they’ll keep logging in and spending money any more ethical or soulful than being one of 200 pairs of hands on one of however many market-researched, risk-averse mass-market console FPS releasing in the next few months?” Perhaps not. And I wonder if that’s why so many designers have turned to indie in the past couple of years. There’s only one way to remain faithful purely to design, and that’s to develop without much in the way of commercial publishing constraint.
  • That’s a debate that is, of course, incomprehensible to most people, especially those outside gaming. Part of the reason for this, and many of the game/film debates that flare up on RPS and elsewhere, is the wider dominance of older conceptions of how the screen, as a technology and conduit for culture, should be understood. Paul Callaghan has some thoughts on that. I do too, but I am saving them for a much bigger piece of work.
  • Raph Koster republishes his Fundamentals Of Game Design essay, which is worth a read, if you’ve not had a look before. Clever chap, that Koster, although I don’t always agree with his approaches.
  • Speaking of people I don’t always agree with, it seems that we can’t escape the lingering influence of The Sunday Papers’ former editor, who has himself submitted a link for the list, which is his account of visiting Babycastles in New York, along with some other blather about retro nonsensing: “It ended up a little like a wine-tasting. “Play Robotron 2084. Got it? Now – go play Smash TV, from a decade later. See the difference on what’s basically the same game? Well, now play Gauntlet, the missing link between the two, etc”. I suspected I was being unbearable, but everyone continued to ask me what to play next well past the point of politeness.”
  • Also relevant to the theme of potentially forced politeness, here’s GamerLaw on what PopCap could have done if Blizzard had cocked up the inclusion of their games in World Of Warcraft.
  • Then to CNN, of all places, to see Scott Steinberg ask: “Are simpler video games better?” He seems to thinks so. I’m actually not so sure. I mean, I accept the point about window dressing, but I’ve got a long rant building up about how it’s okay, even commendable, for the core mechanics to be complex. I suspect, deep down, that complexity is the only direction games really have to go in. And also I suspect that gamers are entirely fine with complexity, so long as the game gives them a way in. More on that soon, probably.
  • Finally, and only tangentially linked to the world of games, I am in awe of the effort that has been put into The Female Character Flowchart. Check out the full image for the proper effect.
  • Actually that’s not completely final, because you should totally check out these robot guards being deployed in the Nevada desert. That’s some future, right there.

Right, I suppose it’s time to start revealing how my music tastes really differ from Gillen’s before I take a stroll into the October countryside. Here’s what I have been listening to this morning: Oneohtrix Point Never – Returnal.

More soon.

__________________

« | »

1. bill says:

“that’s to do develop with commercial publishing constraint.”

er…?

• Jim Rossignol says:

Oh NOW people start worrying about coherent sentences.

• MD says:

Jim’s just easing us into the post-Gillen era.

• bill says:

I should have read further – you covered yourself with “that is, of course, incomprehensible to most people, “. ;-)

• MartinNr5 says:

@Jim: I see myself as a long time nagger about proper english, before you took over the reins from Kieron.

• Mil says:

@MartinNr5:

“Proper English” surely?

• jaheira says:

@Mil

“proper English” surely?

• Mil says:

@jaheira:

I believe that sentences are supposed to start with a capital letter, but you’re welcome to provide a citation.

• jaheira says:

@Mil

You were quoting MartinNr5′s post, where “proper” appeared halfway through the sentence.

• MD says:

“[P]roper English”.

• Mil says:

@MD:

I confess myself outdone and yield to your superior pedantry. Well done, sir.

2. Kevin says:

Success or failed?!

3. Dreamhacker says:

As expected, the new regime succeeded!

4. frags says:

There should be more game related expose. How Bobby Kottick is secretly the real lead designer of StarCraft II and Modern Warfare 2. The man’s really a game design genius and a humble guy :P

5. the wiseass says:

I must say that since Gillen is gone, the music has improved. So hooray for that :)

Also I do not necessarily agree that complexity is the only dimension of depth games can go. A Complex game is not always a better game. Let’s take L4D2 for example. In my opinion the extra items, weapons and special infected did not contribute to the tight gameplay that was present in L4D. The game may have gotten more complex, but only to the detriment of a smoothed out gaming experience.

More is not always better and many game sequels suffer from feature creep that rarely does add to the experience.

• Jim Rossignol says:

Yes, but more guns doesn’t necessarily equal complexity, which is that point about window-dressing. Increased complexity is when you can do more with the pieces on the board, rather than the number of those pieces.

• frymaster says:

what springs to mind is the core difference between minecraft and dwarf fortress’s core mechanics

both are creative sandboxes where players can make their own story, both let you do complicated things from simpler sets, both let you build an in-game computer out of circuits, but no matter how many block types minecraft introduces, the core mechanics are vastly simpler to DF’s lets-model-freaking-everything approach. minecraft, for example, could not replace its simplistic damage system with DF’s approach (where different parts of the body have different reactions to cutting and bludgeoning weapons) without becoming a twisted DF-aping parody of itself.

I suppose the point is… minecraft works with its do-big-stuff-from-a-simple-set-of-rules approach…. but so does DW with its do-big-stuff-from-a-complex-set-of-rules approach. Both are different games to play, and both are valid. Minecraft isn’t a dumbed-down DF, and DF isn’t an overly-fussy minecraft.

• bill says:

It’s the old emergent gameplay thing from back around Deus Ex, isn’t it?

It’s not about making the game more complex for players, it’s about making the underlying simulation more complex, so that the players have more freedom to be creative without breaking the game. (ties into the MUD talk in some ways).

• Dominic White says:

The thing to remember is that Minecraft is designed to be a game first, and a storytelling medium second or third or maybe even not at all.

Dwarf Fortress is, at its heart, a grand experiment to make a fantasy world generator where bloodlines, histories, quests, monsters and a billion possible events can be procedurally assembled and play out with or without player involvement. The current Dwarf Fortress and Adventurer playmodes are windows into this world, but they’re not really the core.

6. Phydaux says:

1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die on UK Amazon for people unwilling to pay in dollars.

Only 1 is available so far and it’s £444.00. Quite the bargain.

7. Cinnamon says:

Easy to learn, hard to master games are the rock and roll of video games. If we lose contact with them then we are all boring prog rock hippies and the Sex Pistols of games are going to come along and make us old and irrelevant overnight. To describe easy to learn, hard to master games as simple games is a stupid miscategorisation. If we play lots of simple games then the Sex Pistols of games are going to come along and make us look like stupid, middle of the road pub rockers overnight. Tetris and Pac-Man are not simple games, they have plenty of complexity emerging from the rules, in some ways more than Fallout.

The successful games observe two vital rules:

1) Find clever ways to spin the same basic concept (swapping tiles, stomping enemy heads, etc.) multiple times

2) Tip learning curves in the players’ favor by slowly introducing added depth at a comfortable pace

Rubbish. Rot. Piffle.

1. Neither Pac-Man or Tetris were only spins on a basic concept. They were both clever new games that stuck to rock and roll gaming concepts like single screen, 2d, simple controls, real time spatial reasoning.

2. All the depth of Pac-Man and Tetris were there on the first level. They just got faster, harder and more twisty as they progressed.

8. BooleanBob says:

In An Era Of ‘Forgotten, But Imminent Deadlines’, Leigh Alexander Searches For Something To Write About.

• BooleanBob says:

Ok, so that’s needlessly sarcastic. But the use of quotes and articles to draw together an ‘appearance’ (both she and you use the word) of conflict from a few select sources, and then attempt to provide an arms-length analysis of it, when it has to be said really that it has mostly been stirred up by games writers looking for a good story? It all just seems a bit thin somehow.

As for the suggestion that games developers are fighting for the soul of gaming, I’d quote Chris Braithwaite in the comments, “What do you mean by, “Games have lost their souls”? When exactly did games ever have souls? This is an amorphous word to me that I find meaningless.” I think rather than throwing it out almost as an afterthought, Leigh should have taken the time to explain what she meant by this in rather more concrete terms. I’d have been far more interested to get an idea of what she was driving at here than seeing her setting up straw men and chanting “fight, fight, fight!”

“There’s only one way to remain faithful purely to design, and that’s to develop without much in the way of commercial publishing constraint.”

This statement could also use a little qualification. Surely all designs are informed and influenced by commercial publishing constraint to a significant extent, even if the designer and the publisher are the same person or people?

• Jim Rossignol says:

It’s rooted something plenty of developers I know wrestle with: which is the tension between something deemed worthy, and something that is going to make money. I see it all the time. This is just another aspect of that tension, and the “soul” in that article is just another metaphor for getting a handle on it.

Yeah, those writers with their amorphous word tricks! If only they wrote in formal logic.

• BooleanBob says:

Touche.

No, I can’t be bothered to open the character map.

• Dances to Podcasts says:

The one word that came to mind for me was modding. Mods aren’t sold for money, so modders shouldn’t have any of those constraints. Now, why mods so often are unimaginative recreations of existing games or genres, that would be something worth exploring…

• Xercies says:

The thing is and this is the funny thing, we think that money destroys this industry and that if there was no money people would be really creative and make the best games ever made. no they will make copies of other games, people have a very very limeted view on what they create. they create what they think is cool, and what they think is cool is what everyone else thinks is cool. so in the game industry thats your blockbuster FPSs more then your complicated and deep games.

film does this as well, everyone wants to make Star wars instead of 2001.

• Jim Rossignol says:

@Dances, that’s perhaps because most people are unimaginative, and aim to make a game like something they already enjoy playing. Genuinely doing something different is tricky.

• Temple to Tei says:

The recreation of one game in another game’s engine always saddens me.
      If I liked it the first time I would play the original.
      Make something new, give me a new story, new discoveries.
      Do a homage if you must, but not a straight copy with different graphics.
      I know there is the comparison of games and movies, but the aping of the movie industry in remakes of ‘classic’ films that were probably not that good the first time around is disheartening. There is a finite amount of money and skills out there so it should not be squandered.

Civ 5 does not interest me in its present state, the thought of fighing ‘Gandhi’ and ‘George Washington’ again over a time span of 3000 years? Why do leaders live for 3000 years? Why are Civ traits so permanent?
      When the good modders get their work out though… oh yes then, new gameplay, different ideas, different worlds. Basically I’m saying FFH3 please.

• bob_d says:

@kobzon: A creative endeavour that isn’t concerned with money is usually known as a “hobby.”

9. Xercies says:

I think Leigh Alexander is a bit to focused on AAA, i know that in the mainstream AAA is the big thing but its still not all games. And you see some indie people lamenting facebook games as well I have to say. But i kind of have to agree with her, that it is a little to commercialised now and gaming doesn’t really have a soul that much anymore.

I do have to say people do more complicated ideas then they do simpler ideas. Complicated mechanisms are good but you really should try the simpler ones before you go to the complex ones really.

Also thanks for the flowchart link, i think i will read a lot of those feminist articles because they look a bit interesting.

10. Homunculus says:

Wow. That image used on the linked video is incredible. A futuristic shuttle arriving at a complex that is perched precariously atop a forested hillside, but all colour-faded, dusty and foxed to make it look like either an illustration from an old book that has been exposed to too much sunlight, or a still from video taped colour footage that degraded significantly.

Does anyone have any idea where it’s from?

• DiamondDog says:

I’m not sure what the image is on that video but if you want more stuff like that I can recommend http://www.sci-fi-o-rama.com

It doesn’t get updated often but it’s a good site to keep your eye on if you like that sort of 70′s style of science fiction. Check out Dean Ellis, Chris Foss or Dan McPharlin. A blog called Astrona also has some decent stuff now and then, they’ve got some really amazing art by John Harris up on the second page.

• arqueturus says:

@Homunculus

It’s very reminiscent of 70′s to mid 80′s generic Sci-Fi novel cover art and by generic I don’t mean the actual picture but the fact that on a lot of Sci-fi novels of said era a random coverart was used that generally had nothing at all to do with the actual story but lent ‘mood’ alone. I’m thinking Heinlin and Asimov novels here along with larry Niven’s stuff – they’re the first that spring to mind.

Chris foss is without doubt my favorite Sci-Fi artist and his art was used for this an awful lot but this isn’t him.

As for the music I like it, very much Jean Michel Jarre/Tangerine Dream descended synths. I’ve always liked the percussive repetition in pure synth music and this is a great example of it.

• arqueturus says:

@DiamondDog

Very nice link that, consider it bookmarked cheers :)

My own recommendations are (link failiure ahoy I’m sure)

• Gassalasca says:

What a song + image!
      o7

• DiamondDog says:

@arqueturus

Thanks for the links also! I’m with you on Chris Foss, he’s an absolute legend. Done some amazing work.

Just noticed I didn’t link to that other blog. Theres also another one called Skiffy that mostly covers old magazine covers and book illustrations.

• Ravenger says:

That image looks like a piece of concept art from Star Trek: The motion picture. The shuttle is almost identical to the ones shown in the film landing at Star Fleet Command, and the base in the image looks like a rendition of Star Fleet Command’s docking bay from the outside, at an angle not shown in the film.

• Tetragrammaton says:

My two slightly unrelated pennies

11. QS2T says:

OPN! Yeah!!

Rifts was my favorite album of 2009.

12. mandrill says:

At least the music is better.

• Thants says:

Reminds me a lot of The Knife. Which is good.

• panther says:

Very ‘The Knife’. Karin Dreijer Andersson from the Knife solo stuff was ace as well.

• Casimir's Blake says:

Oneohtrix = sci-fi-ambient-pop ? It’s gorgeous, either way. And yes, Sunday’s music choice are on the up, it seems.

Those enjoying Oneohtrix may find something to like in Emeralds – Does It Look Like I’m Here? Instrumental Blade-Runner-esque scapes. Works for a session of Minecraft, or Elite. :)

• Jim Rossignol says:

Yeah, Emeralds was the other possible link this week. Perhaps another time.

• leeder_krenon says:

sounds like i will actually enjoy the music choices in this column now it us under new stewardship. sweet.

• Jake says:

Been listening to Oneohtrix and Emeralds all day, perfect music to write code by if you ask me. Which should totally be a real compilation – Now That’s What I Call Coding Music.

13. bill says:

It’s surprising (or maybe not) how many of the Gamasutra commentors seem to have missed the point of the Leigh Alexander article and are arguing about AAA vs Casual. Unless it is I who missed the point.

Medal of Honor has no more soul than Farmville – isn’t that what she’s saying?

Whereas World of Goo has buckets of soul. The whole “soul” thing is hard to put into words, but it’s obvious when you encounter it. These days it tends to be mostly in indie games, with few AAA titles having it. My personal (rose tinted?) feeling is that a lot more big old games had it – but that’s because those games were almost indie in their development – unlike the big professional machines that we have now.

• perilisk says:

But is that due to the tensions created by commercialization, or just a result of the increasing size of teams?

That is, could it be that indie games are more like an indirect communication with a “me” or two, and are imbued with the individual personality of their creators; whereas modern AAA titles are the product of a nebulous, huge “them” and all the different touches of authorship blur into noise?

• JuJuCam says:

To me it’s unsurprising that game design is much like any other creative endeavour: Strong, smart, visionary direction will result in a more interesting product than a design by committee approach any day of the week.

Of course, it may also result in a fair share of Daikatana’s and APB’s, but that’s what comes of a personality leading a team that won’t call them on missteps. See also: The later works of Quentin Tarantino.

14. Tom O'Bedlam says:

Blimey that music was unpleasant.

The Cliffy_b parody was actually the first of these spoofs that I actually dug, especially the UT wall jump bit.

ROBOT GUARDS

I don’t know if anyone’s seen this or not, but I just came across it and it put a great big smile on my face

• Temple to Tei says:

Oh my dear god.
      That is either the best thing ever or the worst.
      *flips coin*
      Yay, it is the best thing ever I though so.
      Thank you very much for that.

Faith can move mountains, if only one pebble at a time.

• Adventurous Putty says:

Oh my God — RPS get this please, it would be so awesome.

• sfury says:

reCaptcha is a bit more bothersome than the other Captcha forms, but hey nothing beats RPS’ current
      “Oh, good! You might have guessed what’s actually written there, but surprise – we didn’t show you the right captcha image at all… HA! BEAT THAT PUNY HUMAN…

ABORT, RETRY, FAIL ?
      ABORT, RETRY, FAIL ?
      ABORT, RETRY, FAIL ? ”

What I’m saying is +1 for the reCaptcha, it’s even for a good cause, guys.

• Thants says:

Of course, if you log in you’ll never have to see the CAPTCHA again.

15. poop says:

megaman 8-bit deathmatch is out!!! its out!!! i dont know if it is any good!!

• Dominic White says:

It is good. Nobody seems to want to talk about it, though.

16. Kast says:

Just waiting for someone to program the robot guards to continuously play Billie Holiday and Ink Spots tunes. Imagine the sight of two of them crossing each others’ paths, apparently idly humming to themselves.

“Maaaaaybeeee… you’ll think of me when you are all alone…”
    “I don’t want to set the world on fire….”

17. blargh says:

I can’t seem to get why the EA Louse thing id being made this much fun of.

Also:

• Dances to Podcasts says:

Same here. You’d think it’d be a good opportunity to examine what whistleblowing is all about, what would make a good whistleblower piece, and whether these would fit those criteria. The mockery is… disheartening.

• Jim Rossignol says:

Because it was groundless venomous nonsense that revealed nothing of importance, even if it were true? As opposed to EA Spouse, which actually got working conditions improved, and changed the industry for the better?

• FunkyBadger says:

Whistleblowing != Whining

• hitnrun says:

It could be groundless nonsense, even if it were true?

I think it’s getting flack mainly because it’s funny, and without broader significance, except in revealing the fecklessness of EA, which is very old news. No animals were harmed in the making of this scandal.

• bob_d says:

The whole thing only had two useful bits of information:
      1) Mythic is dying, but we already knew that, so I guess that’s not so useful.
      2) SWTOR cost $300M, but we don’t know if that’s actually true. If it is, Bioware is screwed, but many of us had already assumed that.

18. jaheira says:

1. Awesome music link

2. “1001 Video Games to Play Before you die” – well yes that would be the generally accepted time to play a video game.

• westyfield says:

Unless your view of the afterlife is like Valhalla, but with games instead of fighting.
      Someone come up with a good name for that, please.

• Dances to Podcasts says:

Arcadia.

• Temple to Tei says:

Oh, well done sir!

19. woot says:

I’m still trying to decide if Wonder Woman has any flaws or not…

• EthZee says:

I’m trying to decide what constitutes a “3-Dimensional character”.

• Tei says:

//I’m trying to decide what constitutes a “3-Dimensional character”.//

That one is simple. One character that represent a persona, with different feelings, attitudes, needs, etc..
      One dimensional characters or flat characters one have one idea on his tiny head.

• Xercies says:

That means we can never go back to 2D. They will always be flat characters :(

20. Atalanta says:

Ugh, that chart.

I get what they’re trying to do, and I totally agree that strong female characters are in short supply and that people should make more of them. That being said, that chart is really poorly done and pretty useless and every time I see it it gets my hackles up.

• hitnrun says:

Agreed. First of all, its startling complexity completely undermines the intended point. I mean, I rarely read male characters who have that many points of articulation…and the chart is supposed to be a negative example.

21. JKjoker says:

that “simple games are better” article … sigh…

i suppose im now older and more experienced than your “average” game blogger/reviewer, but when i see things like using Fable III and Fallout new vegas as examples for COMPLEX (WTF!?) games i cant take the article seriously any longer

how old is him ? 12 ?, any game from the DOS era would knock his socks off

and thats without saying that the takes “ppl like casual games therefor they are better” as fact and then goes one trying to justify it

i agree that new players need to get eased in into games but why do they have to rigidly stay as casual gamers ?

this kind of thinking is whats making every game feel the same lately, i think that, once eased in by easier games, they would move on to more complex games if given the chance, but right now the only sources for that are either retro or indie

at least i agree with the last sentence that everything should be secondary to fun, yeah, i dont think some developers agree with that tho
    *rolls eyes at all games with the word “cinematic” in the box/description/features*

• Nova says:

Yeah, the Fable 3 and Fallout NV are complex part were the hint to not read any further.

22. TenjouUtena says:

A remake of Jazz Jackrabbit…. Awesomeest Idea, or AwesomeestEST idea?

• Dominic White says:

The artist behind Jazz Jackrabbit is currently finishing up his own game.

Whenever it gets mentioned, two hilariously contradictory sentiments seem to bubble to the top, often from the same people. “To furry, won’t play.” and “Want a Jazz Jackrabbit remake now.”

Introspection is not a particularly common trait amongst Internet People, is it?

• TenjouUtena says:

And just to tie in another piece on these Sunday Papers:

People who avoid experiences based on artistic style are very similar to people who avoid experiences based on presented medium. Sure, you can say you don’t like it, and you are entitled to your own opinion. But you’re still missing out.

23. Pijama says:

Ms. Alexander and her piece is, IMHO, a very good example of overthought and “the academia for the sake of academia”. Gaming is gaming no matter the design, and it doesn’t matter if your source of entertainment and FUN comes from Farmville, Peggle, Starcraft 2 or Call of Duty.

Plus “searches for it’s soul” seems like a very grandiose, MASSIVE event about to happen with game design…

…Straight to the point – It’s a tad too much to bring an apparent great existential conflict between design concepts and formulations by adding a whole philosophical layer in which SUDDENLY Hegel storms in with his phenomenology and tries to make bombastic declarations about game development. There is absolutely NO NEED for that in the design process – what a creator needs to ask himself is what goal he/she wants to achieve with his game and how he/she can do it.

Good piece, nonetheless. Leigh Alexander is one of the best writers around.

24. neems says:

So, will 1001 Video games etc have Stalker in it? I will be very disappointed in you if it doesn’t Mr Rossignol.

25. oatish says:

This.

show the kid MAX and we will talk about complexity.

26. Eight Rooks says:

Reply @ TenjouUtena: if a game’s chosen an aesthetic where I can argue at length about how I think it’s visually unappealing and/or barely artistically competent, I think ‘You’re missing out’ is, well, reaching a little. There was a comment in Edge a long time ago, I seem to remember, about how HalfLife set in a cartoon jungle would still be HalfLife because the mechanics are what make the game. I thought it was nonsense then and I’ve not seen anything since to make me change my mind.

Dust seems technically pretty accomplished, it could have been built on some beautifully designed gameplay systems for all I know, but the look of it it still strikes me as fairly bland, saccharine and uninteresting. It’d be flatly impossible for me to overlook that assuming the rest of it looks much the same as the trailer, and if I’ve got to be shaking myself awake to appreciate how well the rest of it’s been put together I don’t really call that missing out. If I feel like cutesy fantasy I’d rather go play something by Ankama, say, with genuinely interesting and appealing design.

You can certainly argue people should be prepared to play things they don’t immediately like every now and then to avoid lazy jumping to conclusions – ‘too furry’ is definitely no more than ridiculous internet mouthbreathing. But you shouldn’t instantly say ‘Eh, too bad, you’re missing out’. It would cause me no small amount of frustration playing through something that looks like a cross between some generic Saturday morning cartoon and the illustrations off a packet of toilet tissue, and that trailer doesn’t show me anything to make me think I can’t get the same thing it’s doing from other games, only with far more visual appeal.

27. haircute says:

I like how Keirons music really upset a lot of you nerds. Get over yourselves.

• DiamondDog says:

I’m struggling to see which people are upset. Some people are happy with the choice of music. Did you mean happy?

• Tetragrammaton says:

I hadn’t realised it was forbidden to hold personal preference. I cower beneath your mighty internet boots.

28. badvibration says:

Did you say Oneohtrix Point Never?!?! YES!!!!!! Since you’re amazing and you like them, you should check out Games. Its a collaboration between OPN and Joel Ford.

29. MadMatty says:

Ace music track – but my robot is better than yours:

just needs a Machinegun on top, then i can have it patrolling by backyard for juvenile delinquents.