Humble Grumbles / Bundle Of Joy

By Alec Meer on December 21st, 2011 at 6:12 pm.

Reusing this picture means I don't have to type in all the names of the HB4 games again. I SO CLEVER.

Good news and less good news from the Humble Bundle camp today. The happier end of the bargain is that purchasers of the current Humble Bundle 4 now get the base contents of Humble Bundle 3 (i.e. VVVVVV, Crayon Physics Deluxe, Cogs, And Yet It Moves, and Hammerfight) added to their pack. That’s if they’ve bought HB4 already. If they haven’t, they’ll have to beat the average price to get the bonus goodies. The average price is currently $5.17 million.

Sorry, sorry, I meant $5.17. Bit of a blind spot for numbers, me. So yeah, $5.17 (or more) and you get 12 games plus their soundtracks. Not bad, that.

On the other side of the coin, the Humble chaps have decided that you need to spend a minimum of $1 if you want to also receive Steam keys with your Bundle purchase (though you’ll obviously still receive the games themselves if you spend less). Reason being that canny rotters have apparently been buying multiple copies of the bundle for 1c in order to add the games to multiple Steam accounts in the hope of winning stuff Valve’s current lottery.

“This is unfair to legitimate entrants and is definitely not what we wanted to encourage with Humble Indie Bundle 4. It’s a lose-lose situation for the indie developers, charities, Valve, and Humble Bundle,” say they. Which is absolutely fair enough, I think. Not least because this is an incredible package of games which deserves a respectable payment, not a piddling penny. Doesn’t surprise me that people were gaming the system though; I suspect there’ll be a constant cold war around that kind of thing as bundles increasingly grow in number and frequency.

Right, hopefully we’re all bundled out for 2011 now – but I do look forward to seeing what the new year brings, both in terms of the cool games in these packs and how the business models evolve as there’s increasingly competition. Here’s my tip: give away free kittens with every purchase. Whoever does that first is going to clean up. I’ll take fifty-three. No, wait, fifty-four: I think there’s still room to squeeze one more cat into the bottom of the airing cupboard.

, , , , , , .

1. cliffski says:

This is why we can’t have nice things.

2. Craig Stern says:

So now people have to spend a minimum of $1 to get Steam keys for a bundle containing approximately a gagillion critically acclaimed indie games. Hang on, I think I feel tears coming on.

• LionsPhil says:

Yeah, this is one that doesn’t really seem to affect legitimate buyers at all.

• RegisteredUser says:

Even as the world’s biggest scrooge myself I have never felt that these many, many manhour containing games weren’t at least worth a bar of chocolate.

The people trying to exploit the HIB for the steam thing need to be shot not just for being idiots gaming the system, but for failing at the internets by not simply resorting to pirating what they are hoping to get from the Valve thing in the first place.
      Leave normal consumers alone with your stuff. Pirating means pirates supply pirates with bandwith, work time etc. Fudging things within the normal mechanics (of the legal marketplace) while not achieving anything more than if you just illegally got your games is just unfair to those less insane than you.

(Tl;dr – if these eejits just pirated what they hoped to cheat themselves into there would actually be less abuse ironically)

It’s also just plain rude.

• InternetBatman says:

Yeah, I’m pretty much in agreement. I have no problem with pay what you want schemes having a minimum, especially if the minimum is just enough to cover the credit charge (this well over that).

• Bhazor says:

@registered user

Not exactly on topic but whenever I see the words “man hour” or “man hours” I mentally subsitute it with “man whore” and “man whores”.

“This work was only achieved by countless man whores”
      “Your careless decisions have wasted precious man whores”
      “If we extend the shift how many more man whores can we fit in by the end of the week?”

Why yes, I am single. Why do you ask?

• InternetBatman says:

whoops

• son_of_montfort says:

I believe you mean “Mana hoars.” Did you not know that all Indie game developers exist in the Sacrifice universe and channel raw mana to program their games?

3. roguewombat says:

I wonder who they gave the penny to? I typically give it all to the developers and tip Humble Bundle if it’s an especially sweet deal (like this last one).

• SquareWheel says:

The penny went to the payment provider, Paypal, Mastercard, Visa, etc. And other pennies too, from Humble themselves.

• roguewombat says:

Ahh, true that. Forgot about those pesky per-transaction fees.

4. Blackcompany says:

I was kind of on the fence about bundles…but for this price and this many games…I would pay $5 for Gratuitous Space Battles alone, really. And I get to donate to charity as well.

• LionsPhil says:

The point of paying 1c is not to get access to the games for their own sake; it is to get access to Steam coupons/coal. In this regard the games are effectively valueless.

Although why you’d do this when the Steam prizes are so relatively lousy and the chance of winning the big draw at the end still intifesimal I don’t know. Perhaps they also buy lottery tickets.

• cliffski says:

ironically some of the steam raffle prizes are copies of Gratuitous Space Battles. Oh how we can laugh if someone who is doing this wins, only to win a prize they already got in this bundle :D

..actually that won’t happen because they need to beat the average to get GSB. Ho hum….

• Urthman says:

Such a ridiculous, useless “scam,” boosting their odds of winning from .000001% to .000002%.

What a waste of time and effort. If you’re going to screw other people over, at least actually get something for yourself out of the deal.

• InternetBatman says:

So I did a bunch of really tenuous math to explain why the Steam Winter sale is worse than the Steam summer sale. During the Summer sale you were pretty much guaranteed to get DLC and small add-ons for games you had, which were probably games you want. You could get quite a bit of small stuff. During the winter sale it’s more likely than not that you won’t get something you want, not without trading at least. Also, each purchase made during the Summer sale gave you opportunities to get more. During the Winter sale, it’s entirely possible that each purchase takes away the possibility of winning that game or anything you wanted altogether.

And the coupons are useless. Rarely are they better than the current price of the sale.

I was actually looking for a place to post the math I did on the Steam sale. Assuming every frequent steam user has 7 lumps of coal (which is not true, just easier), If you don’t terribly want the Valve pack, you have a 1 in 30k chance of getting something you want. If you want the Valve pack you have a 1 in 3909 chance that you’ll get something you want.

Here’s where the math gets more guessy, and relies on a set almost certainly false assumptions. There are about 350 gift games. If you assume that they are the only ones with coupons, and (this is probably wrong) that coupons are distributed evenly with games, and that you have 150 of those games, Then you have a 28% chance with each gift, optimistically to get a game you don’t have. If you are five times more likely to get a coupon than a game you have 10% chance to get a game you don’t have.

Here is where it gets even more tenuous. If they give coal to gifts equally then you have about a 14% or 5% chance to get a game from each achievement. If you only want about 20 of the games offered, you 1% or .004% chance of getting something you actually want. If you have 25 ways to get unlocks, you go up to 25% an 11% respectively.

@l3illyl3ob I thought about that, but I don’t know where to trade. I guess the group chat, but I only have coupons and I hate to bother people, even people online.

• l3illyl3ob says:

What you’re missing is that these gifts are tradeable. Yeah, you may only get one or two games throughout the course of the sale (more if you’re an exploiting asshole), but if they aren’t games you want, you can always trade them for games that you DO want. In that regard, you’re guaranteed to never end up stuck with a game you don’t want, since you’ll always exchange one you don’t want for one you do.

• Bhazor says:

Well I got a 50% off voucher for any Valve game on my first ticket. So I’m not complaining.

Carra says:

Its for steam keys. So they probably end up paying 50x $0.01

5. dysphemism says:

Ha, well played at getting me to click through on that one. $5.17 million, indeed.

Also, maybe Valve will avoid their overly-complex-of-late promotional schemes as a result? Stick to offering games for almost no-dollars?

6. Meneth says:

1 USD minimum to get Steam keys is great in my opinion. Should help cut down on people selling it on eBay and the like.
    Plus, I doubt there are many people with the ability to pay 1 cent who can’t also pay 1 USD.

7. Eclipse says:

Am I the only one that thinks all these bundles can start to hurt the indie scene sometime soon?

• psyk says:

“We’ll get to a point less people will care about taking an indie game at it’s normal price because they expect it to find it inside a bundle or another?”

Already well on its way to being like this if the comments on this site are anything to go by

• Sheng-ji says:

As long as they stick to games at the end of their life cycles it’ll not be a problem – I think putting Frozen Synapse in one was a complete dick move to the rest of the indie scene as it was almost new.

• Jumwa says:

I’ve been going through the indie games I’ve accumulated as of late from all the sale bundles. Most of them remained on my hard drive about five minutes at most after I started playing them, as I kept finding them devoid of substance or just utterly frustrating to play, forcing me to repeat things with ancient punishment mechanics from the arcade days of gaming.

So they might have hurt Indie gaming in that I’m going to be far more selective about what Indie titles I allow myself to gobble up from now on. All these little expenditures on games do add up after a while in terms of money after all, and I have too many games to play as is, not enough time.

• dysphemism says:

I don’t have the numbers in front of me (*shuffles some papers*), but perhaps it won’t matter? Between the increased sales due to the lower price point and the popularity/visibility of the bundle, plus the equalizing force of bundling “big-name” indies with lesser-knowns, the end result may be a net benefit to developers, especially the smallest devs.

Personally, I wouldn’t have purchased even a fraction of the indie titles I currently own without Humble Bundle (and for every one, I’ve paid at least a few bucks over the avg). So maybe I would’ve bought 1 game for $10 (or 2 for $5, more likely) — but instead, I’ve bought four HB packs for something like $25. I paid less for each game, yes, but I paid more in total since I never would have bought those games otherwise. Consumer spending went up! That’s the goal of the bundle, to stimulate interest and spending.

• Urthman says:

I’d have said that Steam sales are a much bigger threat to indie games than bundles. Games like Psychonauts and the Witcher for $2.50? How’s an indie game supposed to compete with that?

Except for the fact that Steam sales have been going regularly for a couple years now, and the indie scene is thriving more than ever…

• Eraysor says:

I have to agree with this. I’ve been put off buying a good few indie games because they’ll pop up in one of these bundles after a few months, where I can usually get the game I want plus at least 3 others for the same price as the one I want, if not less.

I don’t really have the urge to buy indie games as soon as they are released, unlike publisher-backed titles, and thus I’m happy to wait for a bundle to roll around. No idea why. Maybe I’m just a consumer whore.

• identiti_crisis says:

I don’t think I’d ever bought an indie game until these bundles came along.

Those people that would have paid “full price”, probably still do to some extent; those (the majority) that wouldn’t have forked out 10 – 20 quid for a complete unknown now have less “risk” attached to the purchase, so that’s technically (many) more sales.

Isn’t that almost win-win? At least in the short term.
      The biggest obstacle for indies, I’d wager, is awareness, so: marketing. These bundles are great for raising awareness of (relatively) obscure games, they’re basically very cheap marketing.
      The danger, then, is that “demand” for indie games, from those making the bundles, will decrease as the bundles themselves become more established, their number grows and more indies get on board, so that the “indie bundle market” becomes “saturated”. But I think it’d be just as it was before the bundles, not worse.

• InternetBatman says:

@urthman I’d definitely agree with that. The fatal deal in my mind isn’t indie. It’s Fallout New Vegas at $10. How is anyone supposed to compete with a well written, 3D, immersive FPS-RPG can provide well over a hundred hours of playtime? With the bugfixes they’ve released it’s one of the best games of this gen and it’s gone to $10 more than once (and it has expensive DLC to support itself).

I will say this as a counterpoint though, the bundles offer a way to distribute money across niches and bring new people in. Minecraft and Geneforge are the only online indies I’ve ever been interested in outside of a bundle. I’ve spent $50-$100 in the last two years on indies that I would not have spent otherwise. I know that’s anecdotal, but I doubt I’m alone.

Two other points. Bundles make the traditionally niche priced indies more attractive when money is tight, bringing a different type of consumer into the field. Also, bundles provide insurance of a sort. I’ve generally only enjoyed one or two games out of each. This way I feel safer experimenting on indies, because generally there’s a game or two I like out of the bundles, but I frequently dislike half or more.

Also I’d argue that releasing previous bundles with current ones is more harmful, as is releasing the games for free afterwords.

• Consumatopia says:

People compare game piracy to music or film piracy, but I think the game industry’s fate is actually more like that of journalism. Newspapers and magazines aren’t in trouble because of piracy, they’re in trouble because the internet forces them to compete with each other in selling a product whose marginal cost is nearly zero. Readers only have so many hours in the day to read, so as long as there are plenty of newspapers and magazines offering free access to their stories, that means its going to be hard to sell your newspaper for as much as you used to.

Bundles or no bundles, Steam or no Steam, there’s always going to be some developer who will sell for $1 and try to make it up on volume. And that’s always going to take sales away from people selling games for $10 or $20 or more. The Nash equilibrium is something like everyone selling for a $1. This isn’t something you can stop by chastising Steam or bundles.

• Roshin says:

And yet the indie scene receives more attention than it has ever done before and they sell more than ever before. There’s frequent grumbling about how all this will go tits up soon, somehow, but I’ve yet to see it.

I think a greater “danger” are the indies who just chuck a half-decent game out there, talk vaguely about how they will continue to support and patch it, and then just ditch it. I’m looking primarily at Dwarfs!? and E.Y.E here.

8. Xercies says:

NO! Thats unfair, you can’t give me more games to play, I was a bit apprehensive of getting two bundles, and i got Portal 2 on Steam, now your giving me more games! I cannot take it!

9. Suits says:

Humble Bundle has the superior service

10. CLD says:

They’re getting greedier with each bundle.
    What’s next, you need to pay 5 dollars so your download links won’t expire ?

• cliffski says:

feel free to purchase the games at full price, to stick it to those greedy bundlers…

• Nova says:

Unbelievable…

• codename_bloodfist says:

He is right though. It started with pay whatever you like, then went to pay whatever you like but only get X if you pay a certain sum, then proceeded to dictate a minimum price for one of the most important features. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think they’re being unreasonable, but the OP isn’t wrong either.

• Dominic White says:

You get the games in DRM-free format if you only pay a penny. It’s just that you only get Steam keys if you pay a dollar. If you’re already actively going to be ripping people off, you probably don’t need Steam support.

• vodkarn says:

If you think that you are somehow being SCREWED because paying more than the average gets you a BONUS game you need to seriously look at your first world problems.

• Urthman says:

but the OP isn’t wrong either.

He said they were “getting greedier” which is about as wrong as someone can be.

• FataMorganaPseudonym says:

Yes, that is a good example of a slippery slope argument there.

Wait, you were serious?

• The Hammer says:

The first Humble Bundle didn’t have any Steam keys until later on.

• codename_bloodfist says:

>He said they were “getting greedier” which is about as wrong as someone can be.

It’s not though, is it? Give me a single reason, other than increasing income, for adding games that are only unlocked if you beat the average. Where everybody is getting this wild idea that anyone feels ripped off here, I don’t know. The OP said nothing of the kind. He simply pointed out a rather clear tendency that none of you really managed to dispute.

• Craig Stern says:

“Greed” implies an excessive desire for wealth. “Greedier” implies that one was greedy, and is becoming moreso. We are talking about a system that lets you buy a half dozen excellent games for 1 cent. Greed really doesn’t enter the equation, either in its standalone form or as a comparative.

• dysphemism says:

What people are disputing is the judgment-laden term of “greed.” Because there is a difference between “getting greedy” and “adjusting the model to ensure its continued existence.” One is a sin, the other is wisdom.

• Jumwa says:

““Greed” implies an excessive desire for wealth.”

Nobody seems to acknowledge that anymore, with the whole celebration of “greed is good” on one side, and over active others declaring something like this as greed.

• codename_bloodfist says:

Well, the OP stands corrected then. They’re not getting greedier, they just want more money. This changes everything! Please, let’s drop the euphemisms. You guys are starting to sound like the US military.

RobF says:

There’s really no possible way you could call the exchange of £3 for over £150 worth of games (+ their respective soundtracks) “greedy”, man.

There’s no way that asking $1 for £150 worth of Steam keys is “greedy”, is it?

Given they *still* give you all the games if you want to pay whatever bizarre-o-pissant amount people want to pay, they just don’t give you the Steam keys, that’s not really greedy either, is it?

That each successive bundle is giving you more still with the bare minimum of “a piece of nob all”, I’m not seeing this, y’know?

• dysphemism says:

Mr. Bloodfist, I’m afraid it is not we, but you, who are misusing the language. Accusing us of newspeak logic-twisting is, you might be surprised to hear, kind of insulting given the level of the discussion we’re having.

Please also consider: Would you say that an ill person who has regained their appetite is becoming more “gluttonous” by the day? Do you see what light that casts, and where the distinction should be drawn?

• codename_bloodfist says:

What discussion? There’s a dozen replies consisting of little more than “I think it’s a great deal, you’re stupid”. This is not what you call a discussion and, I’m very sorry to say, but if you do not consider the expression “adjusting the model to ensure its continued existence” a euphemism, I suggest you either consider booking a critical reading course at your local college or go directly into politics. The Frozen Synapse bundle, consisting of three games, raised 1.11 million USD. If we go with the standard payment scheme of 65-20-15, that’s 720k USD for the devs alone. With the official development costs of 220k USD, these gentlemen are far from having their “continued existence” threatened even if they sold their games solely through HIBs, which, of course, they do not.

If there is one thing that is tasteless in this “discussion”, it would be your own mildly inappropriate analogy, Mr. Dysphemism.

Durkonkell says:

Alright. Here we go.

If it cost you $0.20 to set up 20 steam accounts with a chance to win the Valve lottery, that’s a very small price. Now it will cost you $20 to set up the same 20 accounts. It’s not worth doing any more.

It’s not anything to do with ‘greed’, it’s to stop people gaming the system. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bundle organisers had someone from Valve breathing down their necks about it.

RobF says:

It’s not “I think it’s a good deal so nerr” or anything like that.

It’s about redefining greed, suddenly, to mean “still charging a pretty reasonable price for what you get in exchange”. If we’re now going to redefine greed as “not letting me have everything for less than a penny” then I hope you’ll understand why people will look on goggle eyed at such statements.

• InternetBatman says:

I really don’t think this is about greed. It sounds very similar to SomethingAwful’s experience where if you offer something for free (and a penny is practically free) than people take advantage of it. They originally used the $10 sign up fee to make sure people valued their account, not as a money making mechanism. Same thing happened with the Michelin dining guide.

• dysphemism says:

Last word from me, because I’m sure no one is reading at this point, but here it is.
      To Bloodfist: My comment regarding the “continued existence” of the bundle was based on the idea that HIB would need to react to the issue of $0.01 Steam key abuse or risk the ire of Valve, as Durkonkell observed. I wasn’t implying that HIB isn’t profitable.
      More importantly, though, I would argue that a desire for profit is not necessarily the same thing as greed. My analogy might have been tasteless, but it was meant to show that these words, the names of cardinal sins, reflect a harshly negative judgment. You seem to hold the view that profit and greed are one and the same, and I think that requires a pretty gloomy outlook, since it renders so much of what we humans do in the dimmest of lights.
      tl;dr: “I think it’s a great deal, you’re stupid.”

11. Hmm-Hmm. says:

Let’s hope HiB will keep the minimum price for new bundles. It’s only reasonable.

• FataMorganaPseudonym says:

Yeah, how dare they ever charge more than $1 for you to get Steam codes? HOW DARE THEY?!

12. Lobotomist says:

Crazy deal :D

13. Dominic White says:

On a minor bonus happy note, those who activated Cave Story+ on Steam will have noticed that the game updated. There’s a third music option, now. On top of Original (duh) and New (The weirdly low-key Wii version soundtrack), there’s Remastered, which is basically to the original music what the high-res sprites are to the blocky 16-bit ones.

Same melodies, same pitch, same tempo, but with more detailed and updated synths. It’s all good.

Oozo says:

That’s indeed excellent news. Do you know, by any chance, if it’s the soundtrack for the 3DS version of the game? As you said, the Wii-remix was kina misguided, but the 3DS tunes sound like the real “HD” update.

Edit: It really seems to be the 3DS soundtrack. Ah, I wouldn’t have thought that this was possible, license-wise, but it’s great nevertheless.

• tremulant says:

I noticed these additional music options turning up as the maintainers of the linux builds did their best to rob me of my unintended immortality(that was awfully confusing, i was left wondering if there was some kind of friends with the animals thing going on, when the hopping blobs aren’t doing you any harm on contact they seem awfully friendly.), i presume all platforms will have the updates, helpfully indicated by datestamps under the links on the download page, not just steam activates copies.

14. Mctittles says:

I find it ironic that they come out with this “pay what you want” scheme and then call people out on being jerks when they do what they put in place to allow them to do. Why don’t you just sell it at a price? I don’t see how you can get mad when you specifically allow people to pay whatever price. Make up your mind.

• FataMorganaPseudonym says:

They are selling it at a price. If you want Steam codes, you pay $1. That is the price. If you don’t care about Steam codes, then you can continue to be a cheap-ass and pay 1¢. It says it right there in the article. Where is the confusion here?

In other words, the only people getting butthurt over this are the ones who can now no longer game the give-away system on Steam for only a few cents.

• Mctittles says:

That’s exactly my point. Why the name calling (cheap-ass) when they obviously have it as something you are able to do. If they are going to offer it for a lower price then call people assholes for paying it it doesn’t make any sense.

• Sassenach says:

I think it’s a response not so much to people paying a low price for such games but using it as a mechanism to game the steam raffle. It undermines the prize draw and thus makes all parties look bad, whereas someone paying one penny solely to acquire these games doesn’t have much consequence beyond the immediate transaction.

This altering of the nature of the deal preserves it’s nature to a large degree while also limiting the scope for skewing the results of steam’s prize draw. I didn’t see any name calling on the humble bundles announcement, so this strikes me as being exclusively to protect their reputation and not because they are aggrieved with the lower paying customers.

• Vander says:

@Sassenack: one quote for example:

“Correct me if I am wrong…but from what I see, nearly any one of these games – all by itself, all alone – is worth a mere $5.17. I mean, really…paying 1c, those people, they should be ashamed of themselves.”

You read this type of comment often in threads about bundles. I found them a little absurd. They offer a deal, some are going to take it.

Personaly i paid more(10€), even if i dont care at all about the steam keys, but its because i like the indy scene. When it comes to something i don’t particulary care, i take the best deal avaiable. The seller lose money on it? Well, they should have raised the price, their loss…i won’t feel ashamed for buying something legaly.

15. oliwarner says:

I think they should adopt a Kickstarter-style approach to things and give people more incentive to beat the average by multiples. Paying the average or below should only get you the games, no soundtracks, no Steam/Desura keys.

I frankly think it’s disgusting that the average Windows user is happy enough to pay under $5 for this much quality gaming.

16. Jake says:

I think I’ll hold out until there is some sort of collection of all of these various indie bundles that I can buy.

• MichaelPalin says:

Ah, yes! The Humble Indie Bundle Bundle. We all know it’s happening eventually. And be prepared for 2015 when the HIBBB occurs and you can buy 5x5x5 games plus 2 extra games for every 5 games starting at 1c. That’s 175 games for the closest you can get to free. I assume that people will stop buying games that year.

17. Vagrant says:

I fail to think this bundle could ever be topped. Even being able to get VVVVV & Cave Story (complete with their excellent soundtracks), and none of the other games, would be worth 10x the price of entry.

18. MythArcana says:

Steam kiddies raping the industry and spitting on charities??! Yeah, I can see that happening…

• Jake says:

I can too assuming you are talking about giant brass steampowered automatons shaped like children smashing through factories and spitting bullets. I have an over-active imagination and I prefer your comment this way.

• TensaiBoy says:

I’ll pay 0.01c for your game Jake, get to it!

19. ecbremner says:

Man there are so many scams for HiB it isnt funny (check ebay for how many HiB codes are being sold for blood money). Its really sad. But in this case Isn’t this more Steams problem?

• TensaiBoy says:

It is Valves problem but they’d just not give out keys to bundles anymore if HiB didn’t change anything so…yeah, there you go.
      Honestly they should’ve had such a minimum from the start.

20. datom says:

I wonder if, rather than sending out mass spam extortion emails, CDProjekt had added a few dollars to the price of Witcher 2 to combat piracy, RPS would have supported it? It seems a little unfair to pass on cost to the consumers; at the same time, this deal is so fantastic, it’s hard to have too many sour grapes.

That said, I think this is perfectly fair enough (I always spend a blanket $10). Indeed, I think a minimum price of $30 would still be a fantastic deal. I just think it’s better to put a minimun price on (ala Indie Royale) than to add it later – say $1-$5, than the current ‘humble’ model, which is a little less than upfront (indeed, unhumble) in the way that regular buyers know they need to exceed the average to get the full benefit.

21. Eukatheude says:

I did pay 1 cent, and i do feel terrible about it.

• Vorrin says:

well… still in time to pay more, if you’re really feeling that guilty :D

22. Kleppy says:

OK Well I probably won’t even play any of those games, but this deal is really crazy.

23. MichaelPalin says:

$2 million already? Wow! and they still have 5 more days. How much did Introversion Bundle do, by the way?

24. maweki says:

I always pay my 25$. When I already own all the games (bought them on steam already), I will make sure all the money goes to charities. If there are some games I am willing to play, I make sure those developers make a bigger cut.
    But I will always buy every bundle at that price. Because it is worth it.

25. Vorrin says:

go go Hammerfight, one of the most unknown and underrated indies ever, and one of my absolute favourites, that game is so good in an oldschool way (ie. hard, story and gameplay that evolves constantly in unexpected good ways), whilst being really quite modern in its typology (ie. physics based beater)

26. DOLBYdigital says:

Ahh the Humble Indie Bundle (and Wolfire) really bring out the best in the Indie gaming scene…. Then I see dipsh#ts gaming the system and remember how disgusted I get with society sometimes…. All I can do is sit back and laugh while supporting the Indies since its not worth the stress to get upset. If it wasn’t for Indies and Modders, I would be very unhappy with where the gaming industry is going.

27. icemann says:

InternetBatman: I won Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum complete with all expansions which was a game I very much wanted. So there’s a 1 in 30,000 chance for you :).

Off topic: What the hells going on with the forums here lately? Not been a post at all on the main page about it, and attempting to go there takes you to a somewhat amusing RPS text adventure style thing.

princec says:

To those who think that paying 1c 20x to get Steam accounts was somehow originally endorsed by Humble Bundle, Inc, I’m afraid you are wrong, and always have been. The Humble Bundle Terms of Service are NOT a free-for-all. The TOS clearly state that you are buying the games from Humble Bundle, Inc. for personal use, not for resale, and the Steam codes are a goodwill bonus. That is all.

Cas :)