Pixel This: Next Pixeljunk Game Is For PC

By Jim Rossignol on November 2nd, 2012 at 3:00 pm.

The next Pixeljunk game, working title “PixelJunk 1-6″, has been confirmed as a PC game (via Kotaku). On the game’s site the developers explain that they want to try something different with the development of this new title: “Every week expect to see our development logs, concepts, technical notes and more as we tinker away on PixelJunk 1-6. Most importantly, you’re welcome to join in! We love chatting with you guys, so as always we’ll be lurking around here to answer any questions and take suggestions. We haven’t even thought of a name yet…”

The game will be co-op and have “a gajillion” robots. That’s the first image of it up there. We’re intrigued.

, .

oWn4g3 says:

I dont’ even know what’s going on in the screenshot. That’s a good sign, especially if it has a decent online co-op mode of “not knowing what is going on”.

• Baines says:

Makes me think of a base war game. At least some kind of base defense action going on.

There’s a base on the left side. A tunneling machine under the base. Some turrets on the base are firing. Looks like some little robots at the base. Helicopter thing carrying a robot. Light saber guy fighting a cactus spider. Enemies or native hazards are small birds, a big bird, some crab spider things, the cactus spider thing, and that green haunted tree trunk looking thing. And a couple of things that might be orange block robots on the enemy side.

• MrNash says:

Yeah, the cacophony of things going on just raises my interest for this game. Looks unconventional anyway. =)

2. Moraven says:

Own almost all their games on PS3. Great quality titles.

Wonder if this is based off sales of their PC ports. Their PS3 games always had them in the top 10 for months. Big reason I wanted a PSP was to play the 3rd island of Monsters, which is not available on the console. Would love to see Monsters on PC, moddable and a thriving online mode.

• Cigol says:

I know I’m going to get stoned by a swarm of angry naysayers after uttering this, but; the Pixeljunk Monsters Facebook game is actually rather good. I especially like the retro sounding world map. You should check it out. The only other facebook game I play is ‘Words with Friends’ so I’m not one of ‘them’.

• iucounu says:

Oh, they did a Facebook version? Might have to dust off my FB login to have a look.

3. rockman29 says:

Awesome, I loved PixelJunk Monsters and PixelJunk Shooter.

• Alien426 says:

I was hoping we’d get PixelJunk Shooter on PC since this was the one following Eden, which we got before.

oceanclub says:

PS3 GAMING DEAD.

P.

5. ulix says:

Never played Monsters or Racer.
    Eden was great though, and Shooter is one of (if not) the best downloadable games of the year it came out in (2009). Shooter 2 was great as well, and Sidescroller was okay.

So yeah, I’m looking forward to this.

tomeoftom says:

They’re a great, great team. This is awesome news.

7. tangoliber says:

That is a fascinating screenshot.

8. iucounu says:

I wish they would port Monsters to something other than the PS3 – it’s just about my favourite ever TD game.

9. pupsikaso says:

Um… what is this game and why should we care that it’s coming to the PC? There’s really hardly anything to go by from that Screenshot….

• iucounu says:

Because it’s from Pixeljunk, who have a fine track record of making interesting, original, highly-polished games. Much better-known if you have a PS3, though.

• Citrus says:

Much better-known if you have a PS3, though.

So basically, what pupsikaso said. PC gamers will judge them when they release anything worth playing for us. Until then most of us don’t really give a flying poo.

• iucounu says:

I am a PC gamer, and also a PS3 gamer (though rather more the former.) I’m just pointing out that they make really good games on PS3, and think it’s good news they’re releasing for the Best Platform now.

I’d also point out that the lovely Pixeljunk Eden had a PC release, so nah nah na-na-nah.

• pupsikaso says:

They may very well make extremely high quality and “awesome” games on the PS3. This still says nothing about their offering for the PC, where standards are obviously different.

• iucounu says:

If anything Pixeljunk games (like Monsters, a terrific tower defence that feels like its natural home is a browser window) are more suited for PC than PS3. John Walker, at least, felt Eden was ‘a really splendid thing’ – http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/02/20/wot-i-think-pixeljunk-eden. I’m not just pulling this out of my ass, you know.

• Frank says:

Eh, Eden is quite fun. I don’t know what you and pups are on; can’t y’all just use google to find out this sort of thing (that, yes, they do have pc games)? I like how, below, he completely ignores the mention of eden in the post he’s replying to.

• InternetBatman says:

I don’t have a PS3, but Pixeljunk Eden was fantastic.

10. iusiuwhbsj says:

—**** Hoody_m $ 50 —**** Manicure Set $ 20

—**** handbag $ 37 —**** ugg boot $ 43 —****

—**** sunglass $ 16 —**** bult $ 17 —****

+++ http://fur.ly/92gq ++++++++++

11. XX110 says:

Wonderful.

Share a website with you ,

(www.likesurprise.com/ )

Believe you will love it.

We accept any form of payment.

12. SuperNashwanPower says: