Humble Summer Sale Kicks Off With Free Tropico 4

“We’re cool for the summer,” sang Demi Lovato in a song that is definitely not about, as some scurrilous pop culture commentators would have you believe, smooching (or WORSE!). No, Demi is singing about paying full-price for video games. It’s cool for the summer but what then? What comes next? The answer is: the Humble Store End of Summer Sale. They’ve got over 3,000 games on sale and right now they won’t let you pay even a penny for Tropico 4 – the dictatorship-building sim is free (as a Steam key).

If you fancy Tropico 4 for free (yeah, it’s all right!) then shuffle on over to Humble. You’ve got until 10am Pacific (6pm UK time) on Saturday to grab it.

Beyond that, oh sheesh! There are thousands of games on sale. In the usual Humble way, some games come as Steam keys, some offer DRM-free downloads, and some have both. The Humble Store’s catalogue overlaps a lot with Steam, so our three sets of recommendations from Valve’s summer sale should still see you right.

Yes, Humble even have Deadly Premonition for £1.99.

This sale also introduces an option to get a little cash back as store credit. The Humble Store usually gives 10% of purchases to charity but right now that’s only 5% by default. Customers are then given the option to either give another 5% to charity, to match that usual 10% contribution, or to get 5% for themselves as credit.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

13 Comments

  1. ButteringSundays says:

    Score! Thanks for the heads up, and it worked just as Humble intended, I picked up Mad Max while I was there, for the car violence.

    • Hedgeclipper says:

      Max was a funny one, I enjoyed it but wondered if it didn’t miss something in the water/food/fuel ‘survival’ mechanics – on the other hand that sort of thing is also easy to make a mess of and I prefer they err on the side of too easy than making you eat a heard of cattle every half our.

      And they obviously didn’t consult any Australians.

  2. frightlever says:

    Too soon. That song was a cry for help after breaking up with him off that 70s show. Six years they’d been together! Virtually from the moment she turned 18. Seemed like such a healthy relationship.

  3. Spinkelben says:

    I was excited to pickup Tropic 4 for free, only to discover that already own it. Can one have too large a games library? I say no, it just needs to be better organized…

  4. pertusaria says:

    Lumo is 50% off (10 quid) and I’ve been having a lot of fun with it, although I think I’m roughly halfway and I’m not sure whether I’ll make it through the floor I’m on. It’s a sort of not-actually-isometric puzzle dungeon game; lots of platforming but not much penalty for missing the jump (unless you play on hard mode).

  5. fray_bentos says:

    Also, Project CARS £7.95 for anyone interested 13 hours left…

  6. racccoon says:

    YAY! Caterpie & Squirtle! nice drawing :)

  7. benthere says:

    That’s 13 days, same as most of the other sales.

  8. Premium User Badge

    Lord Zeon says:

    I was about to get excited about a game called “The Adventures of Pip”, but after a quick search it became apparent that Pip’s adventures with “The Adventures of Pip” were pretty lackluster.

  9. michaelkelleherthename says:

    requires you to link your steam account to your humble account to access steam key also…

    • Jalan says:

      Couldn’t possibly be that way to prevent people from gaming the system to plop thousands of keys for it onto the grey market or anything. No doubt some already did, though people dumb enough to buy them are in for a rude awakening when they discover the keys are time-limited in regard to redemption.

Comment on this story

XHTML: Allowed code: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>