I’m delighted watching the eggsplosive antics of Bomb Chicken [Greenlight page], a platformer starring a fat hen who lays bombs. The honking great hen can’t jump but she can plop out bombeggs at an alarming pace, rising into the sky atop a stack of eggs. She can also kick ’em and, obvs, murder enemies with them. Put all that together and you have a puzzle-platformer which looks jolly good fun. See:
That’s nice, that. I dig how squishy the bombs are. And how fat that hen is.
Bomb Chicken is made by Nitrome, who’ve made loads of games we dug. They’re good eggs.
Here’s what Nitrome say about the potential of eggs:
Explore the versatile mechanic of laying bombs:
– Lay stacks of explosives to reach high places.
– Kick bombs through impassable areas or even around corners!
– Take out the staff and the native wildlife.
– Dig and discover secret areas.
– Set things on fire and watch em BURN!
– And MORE (but hey… let’s not spoil everything!)
I am eggcited to eggsplore those eggsplosions.
No word yet on when Bomb Chicken will launch but Nitrome are having a crack at Steam Greenlight.