Sundays are for waking up for the sixth day in a row of less than 5 hours of sleep a night, ironing a suit, discussing whether orgasms are an emotion or not then compiling a list of the fine (mostly) games related reading I've picked up before I came here then running off to San Diego Comic Con for another hard day on the floor. Let's just hope I don't link to a Daisy-age rap song I've been trying to explain to McKelvie all week.
- Sinister Design writes a short piece about judging the creator by the art - specifically related to people making presumptions about his religious beliefs based on his game. It's an interesting area, in many ways. Do you dismiss work if you know this kind of stuff about a creator?
- Mathew Sakey's culture clash takes apart his disappointment with Alpha Protocol.
- I haven't read this piece by Kirk Hamilton yet. However, in the week everyone's yabbering about Inception, someone doing a piece about how it links to games struck me as worth linking to. I haven't read it because I haven't watched inception yet. Too busy. Growls!
- Here's the Reticule writing about the rise of Mac gaming. Also, Linux Includes chat with Valve's Doug Lombardi and indie-hero Chris Park.
- Jonathan Barrickman at Gamecrashers on why we all secretly want to live in a zombie apocalypse.
- The Curfew's within 2 weeks of launch, so I've started doing a few interviews about it. Here's me chatting to Den of Geek, which is a study in me working out actually what I want to say about the game.
- Peter Riggs shows that writing does continue at Crispy Gamer with his Failure Is An Option piece.
- Tom Hatfield linked me to this piece defending critics. About film, but generally transferable. One of my favourite insults about me was someone on the PC Zone forum who disgustedly described me as that reviewer who seems more like a critic. That's almost as good as the editor who apparently said something like "Kieron's the worst sort of writer you can have on a magazine. We're not hiring Will fucking Self!". Thanks, guys!
- This comics tumblr is really strong. Lots of good storytelling craft theory stuff.
- Emma Viceli's Dragon Heir is lovely..
- And a couple of ME! comics related things you may be interested in. Firstly, my new comic for Marvel has been announced - Generation Hope. And my CBGB comic is out this week, which has some more notes about it here.
- Here's the Dream Warrior's "Wash Your Face In My Sink".