Dragon Age, Battlefield 1943: NYCC (Much) Cop?

By Kieron Gillen on February 17th, 2009 at 12:21 pm.

I wish you could call in Fighter Planes to attack monsters in most RPGs. I'm weak that way.
[When I was at NYCC, I found some time to have a quick crack at the games on the floor. Quick. As in, 10-15 minutes tops. I'm writing up some of them, before it all fades, fades away.]

A bit of an odd couple this pair, but – were I forced to conjure a link – I’d pair them as tangential twins of modern development harking back to a previous age of PC Gaming. Dragon Age is Baldur’s Gate re-concieved after Bioware’s console dalliances with modern technology. Battlefield 1943 is Battlefield 1942, but with a technological reboot and some minor tweaking.

And from the few minutes of play, it really does feel like minor tweaking. I was genuinely surprised when I returned to my hotel room to chat with Jim about the anger in the response to its announcement. Dumbed-down-console-shit? It was just me running around Wake-Island for the first time in years.

In other words, the major differences only became apparent with a mixture of retrospect and research. From that, hardcore BF1942 players should question my impressions. Hell, I didn’t even remember that there were multiple classes in BF1942 – from my time there, I just remembered it being a lot more stripped down from the more structured model that BF2 developed into. 3 classes? “Hell, that’s an improvement, innit?” thinks I, not remembering there was five. I’m not sure it matters. And BF1942 was always a more colourful game than its sequel anyway.

The business side is more easily analysed. While more arcade than BF2, it’s still a more realistic game than Battlefield Heroes. However, doing something a little tougher which is still strimmed down enough to fit on XBox Live Arcade allows them to hit another fanbase. And it’s still something that’s a bit of a giggle on the PC – a spruced up Wake Island is actually still a joy, and a chance to play with the scenery-destruction of Battlefield: Bad Company is welcome. It’s eventual appeal, I suspect, is going to depend on what kind of pricing structure they put on the PC version. Price it appropriately, it’s certainly going to be a bit of a giggle.

Meanwhile, I played Dragon Age for much longer, and come away with less to say. That’s the perennial problem with playing an RPG like this on a show-floor – it’s not the format. I can play with the party control mechanism and prod around a few menus, but in terms of key elements like storytelling, I haven’t a clue. The whole demo took place in a dungeon containing (er) things. Which I killed. With swords. And magic.

I managed to get into one interactive conversation with NPCs, which managed to show off the Mass-effect-esque character acting and a pretty-typical Bioware troika of conversation options. As in, the be nice, be mercenary, be a right bastard choice. So, no, I don’t have a sense of whether it’s going to blossom into a delightful RPG epic of dark fantasy or similar.

(Actually, on that dark point, one element of the graphics system which caught my eye was your character becoming blood-stained as they got hammered. It’s got some of the most icky-spilt-body-fluids this side of Left 4 Dead. I probably should write something in praise of Left 4 Dead’s vomit eventually. There’s not enough game writing about vomit.)

But I did get to give the general battle-systems a good run-around. And they’re impressively solid – four party members, which can be switched between at any moment. Each character having two “sets” of weapons which you can switch between, automatically highlighting or darkening the skills you can now use in your taskbar. With admirable speed I was getting the hang of my Rogue character – in one moment when my whole party was wiped out, he did a little hit and run, retreating to bombard with some specialist arrows with poison effects before coming back in to finish it off with the blades. I was even comfortable with the camera angle it was set at – which basically locks itself to a given character in a third-person manner, and zooming to the next character when you select them. It’s clearly evolved from their experience with the console RPGs, but doesn’t distract me as much as I suspected it would. Put it like this: I didn’t feel the need to see if I could find any alternative camera options. And on the more surface level, it’s highly welcome to have a post-Witcher RPG which actually looks attractive on a contemporary basis.

The main thing I took away from Dragon Age was that Bioware hadn’t fucked it up on any core level. Which is welcome – on release I found Obsidian’s Neverwinter Nights 2 close to unplayable as a party in any of the camera modes, if you wanted to play with any tactical level finese whatsoever. Here, I was setting up battlelines and trying to maximise my fireball spells like a good little Min-maxing-munchkin. Hell, I found myself looting the baddies for coins as a RPG-reflex, despite knowing I’d never get to spend them.

In other words, there’s no reason this can’t be good. Conversely, I saw nothing that shows clearly it’ll be great. We return to the thorny question of an individual’s belief in Bioware crafting something suitably epic and human. But I’ll say this: it’s really good seeing them making a primarily PC game again. Missed you guys, y’know?

__________________

« | »

, , , , .

1. fulis says:

Dragon Age just seems so bland and generic though
    It’s another fantasy RPG that seems like it plays like every other one. Try something new for god’s sake

BioWare does good stories and average games

2. danielcardigan says:

I don’t think they do particularly good stories either.

3. Larington says:

I’m glad to hear your impressions suggest they haven’t done anything overly wrong, that at least upgrades it from “meh” to “look forward to seeing what demos/reviews are like”.

I’m expecting most of the comments in this thread to be full of negativity and cynicism though.

4. kyrieee says:

Well, I’d sort of agree on that
    But their stories are better than their games and they can be engaging at times. But they’re just remaking the same shit.

5. mrmud says:

The reason NWN2 is so hard to control as a party is that its still based on the horrible aurora engine (i would trade it for infinity any day of the week).

6. AbyssUK says:

Battlefield 1943 still isn’t Codename Eagle 2 but it is heading in the right direction. Fun over realism please.

7. toni says:

i think they never stopped doing the SAME story over and over. their combat system is an afterthought, ME’s was more a hindrance than supporting your character. And i’m sick of good-bad-don’t care dialogue.

8. Nick says:

Primarily PC games that get delayed for ages till console release date because they are too good.

*grumbles*

I want my RPG noooowwwwwww.

9. Nick says:

@Abyss – Not sure how many people played 1942 or BF2 for realism..

10. Markoff Chaney says:

I’ve been skeptical of Bioware actually pulling off Dragon’s Age (As a long term, serial, almost episodic RPG), but, with some recent comments they made regarding Mass Effect 2 (and multiple branching storylines necessitating a lot of extra work) I think maybe they can pull off shades of grey instead of BLACK/WHITE morality choices. Of course, the proof is in the pudding, so we’ll see how creamy it really is and if we only have a choice between chocolate, tapioca, or a mixture thereof.

I’ll limit my ramblings for 1943 until I see a price point for the PC. Maybe it will let me put in my BF42 key code and just delete a couple classes and delete a few maps while adding a bit of color.

11. phil says:

For the future ‘vomit in games’ feature – please mention Breakdown, the only game I can think, asides World of Goo, that didn’t feature vomiting as the lazy end point to getting your character pissed. It was pure 1st person vomit-based plot development.

12. DBeaver says:

Waiting for Ego Draconis…

13. Kieron Gillen says:

Phil: Postal 2 had splendid Vomit based physics.

KG

14. TheApologist says:

I like this sort of thing so I’m going to be enthusiastic.

Go Dragon Age – WOOOOOOOO!!!11!!1

See?

15. Xercies says:

I was just wondering that Bioware can’t really have that much choice because they thinking about sequels, which means you must have a linear storyline that only goes one way and have a few ancillary lines where you can be evil or good but it doesn’t really affect the storyline that much.

So Dragon Age may be fun but I don’t think its going to be great.

16. Klumhru says:

BF-SomethingMore.
    Nah, don’t care, really. I’ll never play it.

Dragon Age
    I liked Mass Effect. But oh how many times did I think and comment that I wish my wife could’ve played it with me in coop. Like we did NWN2. Noone has made any comment that this has been introduced to Bioware’s engine in Dragon Age, so I’ll assume it’s not there.

17. James G says:

I’m always a bit miffed when I hear the Bioware cynicism, as it makes me wonder what games I must be missing. Bioware’s stories may not be about to win the Booker prize, but I honestly couldn’t think of a game which would. And people see so keen to laud the Witcher, which sits on my HD barely played because it seems just so uninspiring, both in terms of combat and writing.

18. Morph says:

I liked the dialogue choicwes in Mass Effect, mostly because they weren’t good/evil/neutral. In previous RPGs being evil made no sense – you were still going to save the world. In ME the choices we more about following the rules or doing things your own way. You were still a hero either way, so it made sense that you still wanted to save the universe. But getting to choose to be an uptight soldier or a bad-ass warrior was cool.

Looking forward to Dragon Age, mostly because of Baldurs Gate II nostalgia.

19. pilouuuu says:

I have hope with Dragon Age, but I’m worried it may become Mass Effect on a Fantasy Setting.

I was really annoyed by Mass Effect. It looked great (after disabling the stupid noise filter) and the combat was fun, but it was so unexciting. I couldn’t care less about its characters, I can’t see my decisions really mattering in the outcome of situations and the side quests, oh the side quests… after seeing one you’ve seen them all really.

Hopefully the problems with Mass Effect will be solved in Mass Effect 2, but I get the impression that it’s the best example of dumbing down for consoles. I get even more disappointed after comparing it to KOTOR, which is one of the best RPG for me and has a storyline that could even be better than those crappy prequel Star Wars movies.

Hopefully they will use PC gaming as the basis for Dragon Age and use games like Baldur’s Gate and KOTOR as their inspiration and not Jade Empire and Mass Effect.

I hate all this dumbing down that happening nowadays! If anything they should make more complex and enganging video games, and please make them first in the PC!

20. Markoff Chaney says:

@James G
    Comparing the newer BioWare games with The Witcher is an excellent point. One offers binary actions based on Good or Evil (with other asides inbetween, but the vast majority of all decisions come down to paragon or rogue) and the other offers shades of grey with no built in morality engine, only consequences. One could argue that the consequences are a manifestation of a morality engine, but the lack of a bar stating “You are exactly this Good/Evil” and the lack of absurdly obvious clear good/evil choice paths makes it a more “life-like” game, imo. It’s like BioWare has gone plastic with their either/or sideways only left or right and I prefer the illusion of organic life with it’s ups and downs and multiple vertices. It’s harder to foresee the consequences of your actions in Witcher, and the ramifications of your choice may not become apparent for hours and hours. I’ve played it much more than Mass Effect which, to me, seems uninspiring in both combat and writing. I’m glad us different folks have these different strokes. :)

I did enjoy the older BioWare games more than their last 3 (including Sonic) outings but I think it’s just that they were so much deeper and had such better, in my opinion, interactions with the NPCs and hirelings.

This being said, I still think BioWare may be able to take RPGs to that depth and divergence that I so crave when Role-Playing but I think their plan is to try to engender that over multiple titles. I’m concerned, though, that each successive iteration would have to gain in size geometrically on their predecessors, in order to fully realize the divergence I hope is possible. A man can dream, though…

To Sum Up – I can’t be in love if it’s plastic.

21. Larington says:

I have to say, as much as I liked KOTOR 1/2, I still think the height of their work was back in the Baldurs Gate 1/2 era and I sincerely hope they can find that sense of place that the early games had because I feel its probably the source of both games strength and enjoyability.

22. dhex says:

obsidian’s (unfinished) work on kotor 2 and especially mask of the betrayer show a kind of promise that bioware has never reached. this is unfortunate, as obsidian is apparently in some financial trouble and bioware is going to be the outfit that keeps making games.

i will buy dragon age, most likely, if only because i’m killing time until age of decadence comes out. :) and as mentioned in the original story, it’s nice to have pc rpgs in this mass effect-y age.

23. Hermit says:

Bioware’s continued use of morality scales in their games is no doubt a byproduct of those earlier RPGs based on the D&D engine. The problem is that in D&D the alignment system wasn’t designed as a reward/punishment system for player actions, but as an aide to role playing. It’s not a system that works so well in games. KOTOR got away with it purely because the whole light/dark side balance fits with the universe.

The Witcher’s real triumph, in my opinion, was that consequences took time to filter through. In NWN or Mass Effect, you gain or lose points immedietely. It’s pretty easy to reload if you think “Nope, don’t want to do that”. Take the decision in chapter 1 of the Witcher, by contrast, where you can choose to co-operate with the elves if you so wish. The outcome of that choice isn’t actually felt until the next chapter, preventing a quickoad to see if the other choice was better. It makes your actions mean something much more than a few numbers do.

24. fulis says:

I like the choices in The Witcher better than those in a typical BioWare game but The Witcher is still too gamey. Your interactions with NPCs are so artificial

KotOR I vs II though, I think that the second game is much better. The first one had a great twist and that was pretty much it. The characters were lame. Carth: lame, Bastila: lame, Chick: LAME, Wookie: lame (HK47: best ever)

Kotor 2 had much more interesting characters and way more interesting dialogue. I’m fed up with BioWare tbh

25. Jeremy says:

I’m pretty excited about Dragon Age and BioWare’s history of making great fantasy crpgs. Just a question to some who have said it, in reference to the “try something different” concept. Is it more directed towards the genre or the setting? The last fantasy RPG BioWare made was in 2002(unless you count expansions which I don’t). Since then they’ve made a couple Star Wars games, Jade Empire, Mass Effect and a Sonic game. I’d say that’s a pretty diverse collection :) I actually like when a game company specializes in a type of game, like Blizzard (they’ve basically made 3 games). Why would I want BioWare to try and make an RTS set in the Civil War era of the US?

I am glad that the mechanics of the game do seem to be solidly worked, I do enjoy the strategic opportunities involved in games of this type.

26. Schadenfreude says:

In reference to “morality scales” in Dragon Age, as far as I know that kind of thing has been dropped so even if those kind of choices are still there there won’t be the same urge to game the system.

I’m someone who just doesn’t understand the Obsidian love. Mask of the Betrayer was good for the most part but there was some seriously dodgy writing/design that undermined all the good stuff and really soured it for me. KotOR2 and NWN2, ignoring how unfinished and buggy/broken they were, at the time of playing struck me as me being so derivative of Torment that it really put me off.

27. Benjamin_Barker says:

I recently played Mass Effect, my first Bioware game. Everything was a bit shit. It was a functional RPG, with a bare sense of choice. And sorry this is OT but I have not internet-vented yet: OMG was it ever ripped off from Babylon 5. I’d heard the complaint about how derivative it was, but if you know the show it was laughable: the Rangers (I already forgot what they’re called in ME), the ancient jump gates, the council of uppity races… wow. And then it had a much more generic genocidal-villian plot grafted on. Redeemed a bit by keeping the plotting tight, and decent virtual acting– like the rest of the game, not total shit (except the moon buggy). Anyway, I played it through because it did work, if barely, and the RPG pickings are slim (and it looked pretty, and I liked the combat when my buddies weren’t in my line of fire). What I expect from Dragon Age, with it’s apparent Bioware genericness *and* fantasy genericness: not a total waste, but oh the blandness. My highest hope is good combat.

So, re: “I’m always a bit miffed when I hear the Bioware cynicism, as it makes me wonder what games I must be missing,” I’d like to reply to this thusly: Bloodlines.

28. Markoff Chaney says:

The big hope I have for Dragon Age is at least six distinct playthroughs (12 if each of the six has binary alignments, or 6 if there is no scale (that matters to plot development at all). Move these six forward, and we should have even more permutations with Dragon Age:Post Origins Pre Story (DLC Edition). The combat better be good as well, and I look forward to covering someone in oil then catching them on fire. At least I can pause the game. So much has gone real time and strategic thinking gets lost when you juggle too much, sometimes. Of course, they will have the FFXII like gambit system in there too, so it sounds as if it will be a workable real-time. Double plus for having a pause.

A large part of my issue, I think, is my groundings in pen and paper. I love playing through a good campaign, and I love having the freedom to think outside the box. I had also thought of bringing up Obsidian and Troika, but I think, to a large degree, they almost suffer from the same fault (if it can be called that) of having such lofty expectations that just can’t fit in the code in the time they are given to put out a product. They both let me work a little more outside the box though (Troika, usually more so). BioWare, on the other hand, seems to follow rule sets well. While this makes for a, generally, smoother and consistent polished experience, it does not allow one to work as freely as I might want.

29. Jeremy says:

@Schadenfreude
    This needs to be cleared up a bit… Obsidian and BioWare are not the same company. Obsidian bought the rights to some BioWare engines and created NWN 2(aurora) and KotoR 2(???), they were originally Black Isle, the publisher for BioWare’s first games, Baldur’s Gate 1 and 2. BioWare created the original NWN and KotoR as well as Mass Effect after the BG games. Dragon Age is being developed by BioWare, not Obsidian.

This is as close as I can figure it, if I’m wrong, or flat out stupid, don’t be afraid to flame me :)

30. karthik says:

Mass Effect felt truly epic towards the end- perhaps this is because I’ve no idea what Babylon 5 is about. And the combat was a lot of fun.

It wasn’t much of an RPG, though- it never seemed like anything I did had any consequence. Help the reporter expose a crime syndicate? I get a fifteen second news bulletin in an elevator ride. Spare the hive-queen of a near extinct species? I get a casual reprimand from the council, and then the game “resets” my standing with them.

Nothing the player did seemed to percolate down the tree of decisions. The NPCs in KOTOR were far more responsive to your actions- ME seemed like a step backwards.
    I hope Dragon Age is closer to Baldurs Gate 2 (or even KOTOR) in its play mechanics and interaction than it is to ME.

31. Funky Badger says:

There aren’t really anymeaningful similarities between B5 and ME – the council of Non-aligned Worlds in no where near analagous to the ME Council. B5 wasn’t the centre of the universe, it was a tatty human experiment. Both examined humanity’s appearance in an already functioning geo-political sphere but that’s about it.

(Alright then, the Rangeer’s turned into a secret police force answerable only to the de facto dictator of the universe – the fascist gits – but I don’t thiunk that was what you meant.)

32. Schadenfreude says:

@ Jeremy
    You’re 100% correct Jeremy, I’ve had to explain the confusing history in countless places across the web myself. Paragraphs 1 and 2 of my post are unrelated. I was just replying to some of the pro-Obsidian sentiment in the thread which as I’ve said, I just don’t get.

@karthik
    Heavy hints that some of your choices in Mass Effect will return to bite your ass in the sequel if you import a character e.g. how you handled the Rachni. To what extent it changes things we’ll have to wait and see but should be interesting all the same.

33. Benjamin_Barker says:

I wasn’t thinking of the League of Non-Aligned Worlds, which is for the less-powerful races, but the council that the Minbari, Centauri, and Vorlons are on (“The Babylon 5 Advisory Council” says the Lurker’s Guide) . The established ME races (the girl race, the frog race, and the face-painty race) have something similar. And I wasn’t saying every detail is analogous. Yes things are scrambled a bit– but there are just so many similarities that I plotzed.

34. Erlam says:

“And sorry this is OT but I have not internet-vented yet: OMG was it ever ripped off from Babylon 5.”

Really, I thought it was mostly taken from Star Control 3. In fact, every single plot element I can think of in ME was in SC3. (I still enjoyed ME, though.)

35. Taillefer says:

As long as I can perform quests for people to get experience and a reward then stab that person in the back for more experience and loot their corpse for more reward, I’m happy. And in the game.

36. Funky Badger says:

Benj: The Advisory Council only had authority on B5, not out in the universe., IIRC. B5 was seen as a bit of a backwater – which later on became more important – Londo was really annoyed to be posted there, he saw it as an insult.

Still, not the worst thing to be reminded of… :-)

37. Benjamin_Barker says:

Yes I am aware of that difference too. ME’s politics are much simpler, of course. I’ll just tone it down and say: I don’t see how the universe of ME could have existed without B5, and I think I’ll leave it there.

“Really, I thought it was mostly taken from Star Control 3.” So maybe I’ve fixated. We’ve at least (re-)established here that ME is terribly unoriginal.

38. Funky Badger says:

Fairy Nuff. Never noticed the similarities myself, still thoroughly enjoyed the main line of ME story.

Originality is overrated. Most original game of last year? Space Giraffe?

39. Erlam says:

To be fair, I’d like to know which recent RPG had an original story.

Hell, even the vaunted Baldur’s Gate didn’t.

40. undead dolphin hacker says:

Does anyone really care about Bioware RPG stories anymore? Good ones (read: written at least at a collegiate level with even a smidgen of originality) are so rare that it’s a wonder people still try. Fire the writers and copy/paste from Lord of the Rings, bam, you saved $25,000 or whatever pathetic amount video games writers get paid.

And I don’t think this is a problem with gaming as a whole… just RPGs. RPGs are either about being a nobody who turns out to be The Most Important Person Evar and killing a big bad foozle or being an amnesiac who has to find himself and then commit suicide (YOU ARE THE BIG BAD FOOZLE GET IT?!). Sometimes both. Oh yeah, no matter what you have to include the Greek Elemental system somewhere in there, along with a dab of Christian good (light) vs. evil (shadow).

What we consider “original” stories are just variations in setting: Baldur’s Gate. Baldur’s Gate in China. Baldur’s Gate in Space. Amnesia in Japanese Steampunk with an ensemble cast. Amnesia in Japanese Steampunk with a big bad foozle and a suicidal protagonist. Amnesia in Planescape with a suicidal protagonist.

There are like, what, less than five exceptions to this rule? I can think of Fallout (1) and Mask of the Betrayer (which arguably was a clone of The Odyssey, but I’ll take that over Amateur Night Interprets Sartre or Amateur Night Interprets Freud any day). Maybe Anachronox, but that is remembered more as a lampooning of the genre than anything actually significant.

Other genres just don’t seem to have this problem. We’ve got first-person shooters aping Conrad, Rand, Huxley, or popular Russian literature about Chernobyl. Adventure games about Sherlock Holmes attempting to subvert MOTHER F’ING CTHULHU FOR CHRISSAKE.

My point is, all it comes down to anymore is mechanics. That’s why… they demo mechanics. Bioware knows their story is Baldur’s Gate in an Even More Generic Setting. Want to know why? Because every single one of their games is a retelling of the exact same story in Baldur’s Gate.

41. Hoernchen says:

A primarily pc game ? As in “oh, let’s push the pc release date back, because the console version is not ready yet” ?

42. Nick says:

“To be fair, I’d like to know which recent RPG had an original story.

Hell, even the vaunted Baldur’s Gate didn’t.”

43. Dipsh*t says:

I fraking hate predetermined gaming trilogies. They ‘re screaming MILKING to me. Also, Dragon Age looks like an uninspired Greyhawk/Lotr fanfic (did you read Stolen Throne’ first chapter? if you didn’t, go here for some lulz: http://dragonage.bioware.com/noveltst.html). I might get interested if the combat is good. And it isn’t a primarily pc game. The project may have started as one but it isn’t any more, stop deluding yourselves. (funny observation from mainly console boards: they already don’t like the combat)

44. Heliocentric says:

Mass effect wasn’t retelling baldurs gate, its more like gothic 2. You already are a respected badass dealing with racial conflict.

Hinterland while having a limited story is a nice one,

king says”go tame the wilds”

Protagonist says “k!”

But i’d genuinely love a focused rpg based on city building, they can make a hundred mini quests which can be activated by the town meeting requirements. And let the city building be the main focus.

Basically i want hinterland 2. But with real rpg elements to go with the rpg combat.

45. Erlam says:

“Like music, there are no truely original stories anymore. This doesn’t mean people are ripping other people off however.”

I totally agree, and I’d argue that no-one can find a story/movie/game/etc that does not rip off one of Shakespeare’s (5?) plots (which in turn were ripped off.)

I’m not getting mad, or pointing fingers, but I think that we could at least improve. It’s the quality of the telling that is the problem, not the story itself.

Check Marathon, to a slightly lesser extent Deus Ex, for references of How To.

46. Idiot says:

Genius.

47. Nick says:

Oh, I agree they could be told better than their latter efforts, but thought Baldur’s Gate’s political intrigue and betrayal was quite an interesting take on the typical RPG kill big foozle plot. As was BG2s.. having the main villan not be out to destroy the world or anything was also fairly against the norm (as was the fact after he got what he wanted he was merely irritated you kept showing up as he was done with you, no massive grudge match or anything).

48. karthik says:

@Schadenfreude: “Heavy hints that some of your choices in Mass Effect will return to bite your ass in the sequel if you import a character e.g. how you handled the Rachni.”

Now that, I did not know. ME just got a lot more interesting. I hope they tighten up the side quests. Just the main quest of the entire ME trilogy packed into one game is what I want to play.

49. Hmm-Hmm. says:

BATTLEFIELD: It’s all relative, but I do feel like a bit of a dunce now. Maybe 1942 just hit a nerve for me between realism and arcadey action. More arcade and I’d probably prefer TF2 (which, being a mac gamer, I don’t have nor would consider buying for use with Bootcamp). I therefore think it fitting you compare the game with Heroes (which I haven’t played).

Then again, neither have I played Half Life, and I know this makes me a bit of an outcast over here. Give me Marathon any day of the week. Ignorance isn’t exactly ‘ftw’, but you can blame that on Valve/non-macciness/not being my taste.

DRAGON AGE: Well, the basics seem stable. Which is good. Given the drought of good RPGS (aside from the latest Geneforge) I’ll take it given they’ll port it to the mac. If it’s really something I may be convinced to get it for the PC.

50. nelp says:

YAY Battlefield 1943!! What about this screenshot?

It looks kinda real in a way.