Win MOW Assault Squad Beta Access

By Jim Rossignol on September 16th, 2010 at 4:23 pm.

Competition time again, this time via DigitalMindSoft and Men Of War: Assault Squad. While both RUSE and Starcraft 2 have made us rather merry recently, it’s actually the newly returning star of Men of War that has made me, personally, most happy. I’ve raved about it. Twice. Now though Men of War: Assault Squad’s beta testing phase, which has kept me amused for countless hours across the past couple of months, is recruiting a select few extra people. We have twenty beta accounts to give away. What you need to do is to mail us via this link, keeping the subject line “Tiny Hero, Big Pockets” and tell us what you have in your inventory. The most amusing or poignant entries, as judged by the RPS compo-corporal, will receive details on how to claim their beta account. Closing date Monday 20th. But there’s more! If the MOWAS Steam group hits 10,000 people it will go into an open beta. Frankly, we all want that. Join the MOWAS Steam group here.

Standard compo rules apply. Enter! Win!

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. Huggster says:

Highly recommended. This is a great offer by RPS.

2. Schaulustiger says:

My inventory is full of hats. What else should I have there?

3. Turin Turambar says:

I . still . have . to . play . the . first . Men . of . War.

4. Navagon says:

Men of War is awesome. But the game is just sooo tricky. I don’t think I’d stand a chance online.

• Dodo says:

Isn’t the beta also co-op? Then it’s quite more manageable.

• TychoCelchuuu says:

I suppose I will continue my tradition of spamming my YouTube account every time Men of War comes up, because I’ve been told my videos are very helpful for people who want to get into multiplayer but are afraid of the complexity, but mostly because I’m an attention whore.

Still, I’d say that multiplayer is great fun even if you feel overwhelmed. Most people are horrible at the game so you’ll be in great company, and it’s a really amazing experience. The game is incredibly deep and after a bit of practice it’s surprisingly accessible, too. The detail that comes out in every round is just astounding.

• Tetragrammaton says:

Tychos videos are great, but the joy of MOW is finding your own way through jubilation and calamity.
      It is one of those incredibly rare games where it can be genuinely fun to lose spectacularly.

• Chris Kramer says:

It’s also available for coop play in multiplayer, which is perfect for people who want to get into multiplayer gaming slowly.

5. Beta says:

man my pockets r full of vodka. groovy?

6. Thants says:

I wish I could get into this game. Every few months I try to play it and just can’t do it. Is the interface/controls any different past the first one? Either the controls are terrible and awkward or my brain just can’t handle them.

• tigershuffle says:

try attaching tiny post-it notes to each finger with key bindings wrote on them.

ps. this never worked for me ….but you never know

• Chris Kramer says:

The controls are seemingly different to MoW and should be a lot easier to get into as they use industry standards now.

7. Bottes UGG says:

C’est cool ! Votre article est cool ! Et de plus, j’aime bien la doublure en laine de bottes ugg. Vous l’aimez aussi ? Venez portez ces bottes pour l’hiver ! Les bottes ugg sont en soldes. Tout est moins chers!

8. tigershuffle says:

darn it……not allowed access to outside world email at work

Shall enter once i get home

suppose should be happy we are allowed child friendly internet on our lunch……and until RPS has gambing advertising I should be safe to visit………….civil servants are very corruptable apparently
    >:s

9. chaussures Louboutin says:

Merci beaucoup de vos idées.

10. Spooner says:

My pockets are literally crammed with the final letters home from all those lads who ran right around like lemons, right into the line of fire, rather than leaping directly into cover, when I ordered them to do so. I…tried…to…save…them! Oh, the humanity of it!

Oh, and bully beef :)

11. Andrew C says:

Sent and hope it’s good enough!

Thanks in advance if it is.

12. Ozymandias says:

If you haven’t joined the steam group yet you are incorrect.

13. tony says:

There is no Biz like MOW-Biz !

MOWnd =)

14. randale says:

sing:

I got a sniper in my pocket, I got a tiger on the map
    And I’m king of MOW again

When I wake up in the mornin’ light
    I pull on MOW and I feel all right!

15. Topsi says:

Are the winners chosen already or what?

Comment on this story