Batman: Arkham City Will Use GFWL

By Quintin Smith on June 16th, 2011 at 1:01 pm.

Holler if you can remember the exact sound effect that grapple makes

It’s been confirmed. Yesterday Warner Bros released the box art for Batman: Arkham City (due this October), which turned out to be an amusingly back-handed way of announcing that the game would use Microsoft’s less-than-perfect PC gaming frontend, Games For Windows Live, seeing as the GFWL logo is stuck there right at the top of the box like some kind of barnacle of bad taste. (Edit: Arkham Asylum also used GFWL, of course.)

Never mind. At least the box art is nice. Which means nothing in this day and age of digital downloads. NEVER MIND.

I wrote a poem about this Batman box art for you.

Look at him there,
all boob and cape

Has he been punching jam donuts? Of course not
He is Batman. He does not enjoy desserts or cakes
of any kind.
He has been out punching criminals, of course
Trying to make the world a better place,
for you and I

How dare you think he has been wasting his time,
beating up donuts
You are a shame

Thanks Batman

(Quintin Smith, 2011)

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. skinlo says:

Such a shame.

• Man Raised by Puffins says:

Indeed,
      a shame.
      Indeed.

• Thirdstar says:

Goddammitsomuch. Torn between playing an awesome game and losing the save files for said game……again!

• Dlarit says:

so it’ll be cheaper on the Pc than the 360 and I can still increase my gamer score? I’m a glass half full kinda guy!

• 8-bit says:

shame on them, oh well the ps3 it is then.

• Diziet Sma says:

I took that route with Dirt 3… no real probs to speak of apart from the cycle of patch/restart/patch when I first installed it. Having said that I expect this’ll be a 360 game for me unless I still need to scrimp the pennies when it comes out.

• Ryz says:

• chinchinpaopin says:

I want to cuss so bad but I am at a point where I am so angry I can’t find one true cuss word to come out of my mouth so I just sit here angry and feel like I am going to just start crying!

• Dlarit says:

“Yeah, Dlarit. Us PC gamers are so happy you can raise your fake gamer score on the cheap. Congratulations, man!”

@Ryz lol you make it sound like they did this just for me, sorry pc gamers of the world!

PS for the record i go for a 30/70 Xbox/PC gaming split.
      PPS where do i get this ‘Real’ gamer score?

2. McDan says:

I’m hollerring! But also cheating as I’m playing arkham asylum at the same time as reading…I tried to think of a batman haiku to 1-up quinns but they take me about half an hour sometimes. You are right, I am a shame.

3. godgoo says:

poet laureate?

• BooleanBob says:

A generation of British schoolchildren will attest that this is better than Carroll Anne Duffy.

edit: and Andrew Motion, combined (Gods, what a horrible thought).

• Cooper says:

Not as good as Craig the Rage McLelland off off One Life Left…

• Daniel Rivas says:

I dunno, that one about the knife and the radio or something was alright.

4. Binman88 says:

Can’t say GFWL got in the way of my experience with Arkham Asylum, so I’m ok with this.

• Ephaelon says:

Likewise. The only caveat would be the inability to move saves around if switching computers, but that’s a minor issue, personally.

• airtekh says:

Same here.

I’ve used GFWL in a couple of games now and I can’t honestly say that I’ve had any problems with it.

• subedii says:

Yeah, I’ll be upfront and say I utterly utterly despise GFWL, I hate it as much as anyone for the sheer annoyance it’s caused me over the years…

However, for singleplayer games, it’s usually largely ignorable. Apart from savegame shenanigans, still hate that.

I’d be happier if it wasn’t there, but I can live with it as long as I don’t have to deal with it for multiplayer stuff.

• adonf says:

Are you guys saying that you cannot keep your old saves when you reinstall or upgrade your computer, even with the same GWFL account? That would be really really bad…

• subedii says:

Savegame transfers with GFWL titles can charitably be described as “finnicky”. Largely owing to the way the savegames are encrypted and tied to accounts. You need to transfer over a couple of directories wholesale to get anywhere IIRC.

This is the closest relevant information I could find:

• m3metix says:

As Subedii said it requires moving some extra stuff over, but I just did it recently and didn’t have any problems with accessing my Arkham Asylum save games.

• adonf says:

Haha, I like how they made PC gaming “simpler”…

• meatshit says:

The first time I played B:AA, I lost 4 hours worth of saves because of GFWL fuckery, so I’m much less ok with this.

• ArtVandelay says:

I’ve had no problems transferring saves from multiple computers with GTA IV, Fallout, RE5, and AA. You can even transfer them to different usernames. You just need to know which files to move and then just copy them to your username in the save game folder for that game.

• Dirtyboy says:

Lost late game saves on Fallout 3 and Batman because GFWL screwed up.

• Saiko Kila says:

I lost all my achievements on GFWL (though I cared about Fallout 3 mostly, not stupid Batman’s) and had problems with saves, so I simply won’t buy another GFWL game, unless it is very, very cheap.

5. Icarus says:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU–

6. utharda says:

Its not that the game uses GFWL, that’s how they’re announcing the main villain. Right at the top of the box. Alot scarier than the joker… But I don’t really need to see Ballmer in the Harley costume.

7. ezekiel2517 says:

In protest, I will only buy it for as much as I paid for the first: 22.09 USD with Just Cause included. It would be nice to get the second and I might actually play that one.

8. rareh says:

Well look on the bright side, at least it doesn’t use steamworks.

9. fitzroy_doll says:

In my head GFWL is pronounced “Gawful”.

• Wunce says:

Well, upon first encountering the GFWL acronym on RPS I originally thought that it was some sort of computer slang for “God Awful”. Apparently I was right, but not quite in the way I was expecting…

• Jumwa says:

Nice. I’ll have to remember that. How appropriate.

Well, I’ll be relegating this title to a bargain bin pickup when it goes on sale for $5.

• JiminyJickers says:

I can’t remember where I read it but my favourite one is: GFWL stands for Get F#$%ed Without Lube.

10. Ninja Dodo says:

I guess I’m getting this on PS3 then.

11. Lars Westergren says:

Crap. Well, the first game was good enough that I could grit my teeth and bear it, I expect I will be able to do the same for this.
    Create an “offline” profile and 95% of the problems go away (after the initial super annoying swarm of incremental GFWL auto updates and computer reboots are over that is).

12. westyfield says:

Indeed.
    A less-than-perfect PC gaming frontend?
    Not a PC gaming frontend for me,
    Indeed.

13. jon_hill987 says:

Gah. Guess what I won’t be buying on release then.

14. Malibu Stacey says:

Congratulations on another lost sale Rocksteady.
    I will however still play it but without lowering myself to the usual illegal methods espoused around these parts when DRM issues of this ilk arise.
    I will simply purchase a used copy for the PS3 as I did for Arkham Asylum.

• The Sombrero Kid says:

So you’d rather give money to retailers who’re gouging publishers than say pirate it and give the money to charity, that would probably make you Lawful Neutral in baldurs gate terms.

• jon_hill987 says:

At least it isn’t the chaotic evil you are suggesting. Giving the money to charity does not count as good if it is only being done to ease your conscience.

• Robert says:

You might argue chaotic neutral; evidently chaotic because of the non-lawfulness, and neutral because you try to put a equivalent (in terms of moneys) good deed against the evil deed.

• Ovno says:

I would say its a clear example of chaotic good….

The chaotic easily covers the theft part as you do not respect the law.

And then good because you are giving money to the poor & needy, even if you do profit from it yourself too.
      Chaotic neutral does not mean that you balance your actions it means that you simply don’t care about good and evil.

Also chaotic evil is reserved for baby eaters and donkey rapists, not game pirates they are at worst neutral evil which is defined as selfish and completely uncaring about others a prime example of which is stealing for profit or hoarding all the food and water while your friends starve to death.

And it’s not the Baldur’s Gate System it’s Adnd’s alignment system used in bg becuase its an adnd game….

Oh and…

“Giving the money to charity does not count as good if it is only being done to ease your conscience.”

Yes it does…

a) a good act is a good act regardless of justification, just as a the ends do not justify the means when its an evil act the end (easing your conscience) does not invalidate the means when its a good act.

b) having a conscience marks you as good because true evil, which is what the what the adnd alignment system judges not percieved good and evil, does not have what we would call a conscience.

“I’m a true neutral on the subject BTW, I simply won’t play it if I don’t like the DRM.”

That’s not true neutral, that’s Lawful {blank}, you won’t play it if you don’t like the drm because its the law or if its because you view it as immoral then you’re {Blank} Good, unless its both in which case you may as well be a paladin with that Lawful Good you’ve got there…

• Cooper says:

Ovno, here, have some internets, 1000 of them.

15. Vexing Vision says:

The savegames, they fail
    Not so safe in windows-cloud
    What a shame, indeed.

16. The Sombrero Kid says:

MORE POEMS FROM QUINTIN!

17. Daiv says:

So this game is called Games for Windows Live. I can’t quite make out the writing on that bat-symbol but I’m sure it’s not important.

At least Steam doesn’t have terms in the contract that demand their logo takes up 15% of the cover space…

18. zeroskill says:

NNNJOOOOOUUUUUUUUU

19. The Sombrero Kid says:

also despite Batman AA being the best game of the previous decade, GfWL == NO SALE, mostly due to the fact that i can’t keep my progress in B:AA because of that pile of shite.

20. Njordsk says:

shame indeed that is.

21. WaveOfMutilation says:

I have sworn not to purchase another GFWL title ever again. But I may make an exception for this one. Maybe.

I also support the motion for more poems Bat-wise or otherwise.

22. Zephro says:

Balls. Why can’t they all just get on board with steamworks and stop pissing around. >.<

Might get this on xbox then.

• Khemm says:

Your xbox copy will use Steamworks? HOW AWESOME.

Seriously all you “I’ll buy it for xbox now” people, do you even freaking realize you’re making yourself look downright stupid?

• Zephro says:

Well at least I can stop fretting about my relative intelligence.
      Anyway, xbox Live works correctly and never fucks me about or crashes. It’s also linked in to all my xbox friends, their achievements and top scores etc. So it’s in the “xbox community space” let’s say.

My friends who play steam games are connected in with me via…. SteamWorks! Windows Live community features just leave me connected with xbox users. It’s a pointless, ugly and bug prone piece of crap.

23. Thwap says:

Picked up Bulletstorm last night…spent 30+ minutes wading through GFWL nonsense to get it working.

The highlight was when it insisted on downloading updates, then instructed me to “Save my progress and exit”. Except that there was firstly, no progress to save, and secondly….no means to exit. At all. I was only able to try and go back into the game proper…at which point, it screamed that I had a pending update and I had to…yes, you guessed it…”Save my progress and exit”.

So. The update process *requires* me to kill your app from Task Manager….nice.

That said, Bulletstorm (once I could actually get into it) was excellent.

• Rinox says:

That’s on the par for bad console ports. An older version of Splinter Cell (can’t remember which) required of you to manually kill the application every time you wanted to stop playing, since there was no way to exit the menu – other than turning off your ‘console’. So insulting.

24. Teddy Leach says:

I’ve only ever had two problems with GFWL, so I really don’t care.

25. CaLe says:

Good, I like getting achievements and have never once had a single problem using GFWL and really don’t get the complaints at all.

• skinlo says:

Its a bloaty piece of crap. No matter what computer I’ve tried it on, whenever it tried to update itself it simply crashes. Therefore, I have to spend hours trying to find ways around it.

26. Glass Rebel says:

When will publishers learn?

27. Vexing Vision says:

Sadly, Batman: AA was the ONLY game I ever had issues with GFWL. I played DoW2 (when it came out), Street Fighter 4 and Bulletstorm and had very few issues apart from general nuisance.

However, I lost my Batman-profiles three fucking times. Including a rather lovely 98% one where I was just missing a four gold stars in the challenge maps. And the issue was never fixed…

I’m going to get this game anyway, but this time I’ll spam their forums with rage and hatred the first time my savegame corrupts.

• Glass Rebel says:

I didn’t even buy it, I just played it on a friends PS3 after I heard how it corrupted saveson the PC version. I’ll do the same with AC.

• Khemm says:

How did you lose your saves? GFWL requires that you distinctly play using offline profile or online profile. Finishing a large part of the game while online and later logging in to offline profile may overwrite your saves.
      If you keep that in mind, you should be fine.

• Vexing Vision says:

I tried both, really.

Everytime I managed to get Goldstar in the Hard Prison Brawl Challenge (the one with the electrified floor), and I save after that, my profile gets corrupted and I need to start over.

After the second time this happened, I kept manual copies of the profile folder.

It’s still really, really painful.

This happened with Windows XP AND a fresh installed Windows 7, by the way – and according to the feedback, I’m not a unique case.

• subedii says:

Yeah savegame corruption was a very well known problem with B:AA. However I’m not sure whether that was actually a GFWL issue or one with the game itself.

Then again, I also repeatedly had the same issues with Gears of War, so who knows.

• and.nor.so says:

@ Vexing Visions
      Same thing was happening to me but I assume it was because I was using trainers to extend the time limit.

• Vexing Vision says:

No trainers, no virus, no trojan, no internet explorer, no defrag, no harddrive compression tool here.

Ah well. I really, really hope this won’t be the case for AC, as AA was still a fantastic game.

28. pyjamarama says:

Will GFWL get cloud saves like XBox. We have a lot of space in the free 25GB Skydrive, they could use it for storing saves.

29. Spooty says:

Posts like this are why I subscribe.

30. MuscleHorse says:

GFWL stopped me from playing Fallout 3 for around a month and then gave me issues with moving a GTAIV save from computer to computer. Things seem to have been ironed outsomewhat lately though – would much prefer Steamworks as that actually, you know, works.

• jon_hill987 says:

The good thing about Fallout 3 was that if you ran the executable directly rather than via the launcher GfWL never loaded and saves were not linked to a profile and simply stayed in the program folder.

31. Sp4rkR4t says:

Guess this has moved to the PS3 purchase list for me then.

32. Git says:

Ugh. Guess this is one I’ll be getting for my station of the third play. I much prefer ‘insert disc, play game’ to ‘insert disc, battle against shitty GFWL, maybe get to play game later if I’m lucky’.

33. arienette says:

I lost my Arkham Asylum save to GFWL so many times it’s testament to the game that I actually saw it through. But I vowed that was my last time with GFWL for as good as this looks, I’m going to have to give it a miss.

34. Mark says:

Whatever, I’m okay with this. I accept others have had issues with GFWL, but it hasn’t done me any harm.

• 8-bit says:

thats exactly what people in movies say right before the killer drops a bus on their head.

• subedii says:

Was it a comedy?

• 8-bit says:

what, final destination? I think so.

• Stephen Roberts says:

The killer was actually a McGuffin, every death was staged and afterward the protagonist is surprised that all his dead friends are still alive and have helped him win the championship. And the dead girl. In a fit of pique he kills everyone.

On topic: How annoying. Oh well, I shall endure. I think I have been lucky with all other GFWL games because the annoyance for me only seems to extend to awful sign in / update practices. And everything multiplayer.

• 8-bit says:

@Stephen Roberts

Isn’t that the plot of 1997 teen comedy film ‘the game’.

35. helmehytte says:

Great! Am I the only one who like this? Now I can play it on PC and get my Microsoft Achievements! Just how I like it.

36. Wilfred says:

Ohh God not again. Well no sale for you Rocksteady, I’ve sworn off GFWL after my last taste of that crap.

You notice how the only people happy about this news are people who like Gamerscore and achievements? Does Gamerscore increase life expectancy or likeliness of attracting women?

37. Khemm says:

Some of you primadonnas really need to explain yourselves.
    First things first – I agree that GFWL is a painfully underdeveloped service which lacks features it should have, the patching process requiring that you log in, quit, apply patch, log in again is bizzare and the interface is an ugly mess requiring too many clicks to get anywhere. I so want this service to finally become better so that Steam fanatics may finally lose any reason to complain apart from fanboyish “Valve 4evar!!!”.

BUT:
    Is that such a deal-breaker? I don’t think so. For primarily single player games, I vastly prefer GFWL to Steamworks. At least none restricts me from installing the game unless spyware client allows me to and downloading 1GB “update” of data missing from the disc is not necessary.
    “Internet activation” with GFWL means just that – activation, as opposed to Steam’s “be online for three hours on a good connection while we update the client, then decrypt files for eternity, then not allow you to choose installation path, then force you to download 500MBs before allowing you to play”.
    In some aspects, GFWL is stuck in the past, but Steam client is painfully stuck in the past. GFWL, Impulse and soon Origin honestly sound like better developed alternatives.

Which is why I don’t care AT ALL the game will use GFWL. Fine by me.

• Bhazor says:

Yet when it’s Steamworks no one mentions it.

Hypocrisy is a funny thing isn’t it?

• AndrewC says:

Steam works better than GFWL. It is less intrusive, more intuitive, and doesn’t fall down as often. Your hyperbole is as foolish as the rabid GFWL haters hyperbole.

Please carry on.

• kororas says:

Steam takes away some of the finer control on your games, but at least it dosent do that and then fuck it all up /looks angrily at GFWL

• Ninja Dodo says:

Updating frequently doesn’t work, leaving you unable to log on unless you quit the game and download the latest standalone installer. If you’re not logged in you can’t save at all, and old saves cannot be transferred to another install.

Also you cannot change the location on your LIVE account to a different country which is great if you ever move to somewhere else and want to install some DLC.

On the plus-side:

I got nothing.

• Khemm says:

@AndrewC
      I’ve had more problems with Steam failing to update my games, downloading stuff sloooooowly, “servers not available” and other such nonsense than GFWL. I’m serious.
      Impulse, GFWL Marketplace, Origin, GoG don’t do this.

• subedii says:

*Sigh*
      It’s not Hypocrisy when GFWL is a genuinely bad system.
      I mean in personal experience, that argument of GFWL being better as a system is just plain wrong. GFWL has native in-built install limits, which often they neglected to tell the devs themselves about (as in Dawn of War 2).

For that matter, GFWL can also happily disable your games for you. Don’t believe me? Feel free to install a copy of Gears of War with your ethernet connection unplugged. Tell me what happens. Or don’t, I already know.

As for the update process, when I was connected, GFWL didn’t ASK me whether I wanted to update GFWL, it didn’t ASK me if I wanted to update Gears. It just flat out told me “we won’t run it until you do.” Now then, you complained so vehemently about Steams patch process, do me a favour: Give me an honest appraisal and rundown of GFWL’s patch procedures. You may include the certification process if you wish. If you are not familiar with the consequences of the certification process I will happily fill you in on them.

For me it’s not even a competition. GOG.com is the preference. Followed by Steamworks, Gamersgate, Impulse, and THEN GFWL.

• Raiyan 1.0 says:

I once found GFWL downloading rar files, unpacking them, and keeping both the compressed and decompressed files in the install folder.

O_O

• Zephro says:

Not to mention that Steamworks gives me cross title chat with all my PC gaming friends who are actually on Steam not on my live profile, that just helpfully tells me my console friends are all playing Forza.

PS You can switch off updates to your games on Steam…. or did I misread that complaint?

Steam offline mode always seems to work properly when my net connection went down, never had any problems.

• Turfster says:

@Khemm
      “As for intrusiveness, I find Valve’s solution much worse – being forced to update and run a third party storefront in the background for games to even launch is not my idea of “digital distribution or a service tied to retail business” done right. Impulse, GFWL Marketplace, Origin, GoG don’t do this.”

No, GFWL is not intrusive at all and doesn’t require you to run a third party storefront in the background… EXCEPT of course it installs a windows live ID service that is ALWAYS ON EVERY SECOND YOUR COMPUTER IS ON AND IS ALWAYS RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND that you can’t disable if you want to run your games.

What was that? You didn’t know?

• Kaira- says:

@Turfster
      I didn’t know Windows Live Id is actually a storefront.

As for myself and the game, I’ve never had much problems with GFWL, but I’d still prefer to have no external crap in my games.

• Kaira- says:

Also: how come I can’t edit my posts anymore? The edit-button has just disappeared.

• Khemm says:

@Turfster
      BREAKING NEWS: Windows Live ID isn’t a “third party storefront”?
      What? You didn’t know?…

• Turfster says:

@Kaira
      No, windows Live ID isn’t a storefront (which you can run/turn off when you want and which you actually chose to install and use), it’s a system service, which is much worse.

Anyway, I’m not going to bother replying anymore.
      For the GFWL evangelists that have never had the piece of shit do anything to them, more power to you, may your gamerscore e-peen be long and shiny.
      I’ll just be in the other part of the room with my 3/5 GFWL games that simply will not work correctly because of it with the other people that hate its guts.

38. Robert says:

I got Asylum on the xxxbox, I don’t see reason to change that.

• Khemm says:

Live on PC is EVIL, the same service on xbox is OK. Also, paying more for an inferior version.
      Makes sense.

• subedii says:

Live on PC would be OK if MS invested in making it a good system like they have on Xbox.

They have not done so. And it lacks even basic features that are present on XBL, features that actually WOULD give it an edge, like party chat.

39. fr3d says:

Can’t say I’m a big fan of GFWL but Batman doesn’t have multi player so GFWL isn’t really an issue in this case, unless they use some kind of extra evil DRM on top of that.

40. MajorTomG says:

Being the kind of guy who tinkers with things on his PC until it’s just the way he wants it, I often reinstall windows, making sure I keep backups of everything that matters. Batman AA was the only game I had problems with and it was all down to GFWL. I never finished the game because I gave up trying. If I’d pirated it, I wouldn’t have had that issue. I own an XBOX and a PC but my Gamerscore means nothing to me.

I might just buy it on console I guess.

41. Wilfred says:

Predicatbly the most viewed and replied to thing on the Batman forums is a request thread to not include GFWL lol. Rage anyone?

• subedii says:

Actually it’s the opposite.

Members of the GFWL forums launched a forum raid on the BAA forums to campaign to have GFWL included.

I am not joking, that is literally what they do.

• Khemm says:

@subedii
      Sounds like Steam fanboys raiding 2K forums and asking the publisher to support Steamworks after it’s been announced Bioshock 2 will use GFWL.
      But when GFWL supporters ask for game X to use LIVE, it’s suddenly a bad thing?

• jon_hill987 says:

The main difference is Steamworks is tried tested and works. GfWL just tried and failed.

Yes, having neither would be best, but if they insist on adding community features I know which one I would choose.

• subedii says:

@ Khemm: No, forum raid wars are ridiculous and STUPID IDIOTIC behaviour, regardless of who does it, and I hate the people who do it. Even 4chan has rules against doing it now.

When they launched an official campaign on the GFWL forums to do this and they all bandwagoned on, I had no sympathy for them. And neither should you.

• Wilfred says:

Holy shit your right lol!
      Unbelievable! GFWL fanboys are attempting to infiltrate games forums and crowbar in GFWL as a community request. What a bunch of tossers. I bet some of them are commenting on this story on RPS as we speak.

42. kororas says:

This is now a non-zero day purchase for me.

A shame.

43. Cirdain says:

FFUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCC-

44. vanilla bear says:

Games for Windows Live and Batman
    Popup logins- I’m not a fan.

Disappearing logins forcing restarts -
    I also dislike the cover art.

45. Bweahns says:

Nice incentive to pirate the game instead of buying it.

• kororas says:

I dont condone this. Its a good game, just let down with a poor publishing decision. Dont penalise the developers for it.

The best thing you can do without being a pirate is take away their zero day sales figures. And how ever much longer you can wait. Usually until the price drops for me.

• arienette says:

While this news means I won’t be buying it, you lose the moral high ground if pirating it is your immediate and only response.

• Avenger says:

If only there was a way to kick the publishers in the head for making so bad decisions, without penalizing the developers.

In this case, there is none, unless some of them leave shop and go indy.

So, yes. I will have to pirate the hell out of this one,
      until they decide to patch GAWFUL out.

• subedii says:

Pirating the product does nothing of the sort.

You want to penalise them, don’t buy the product, and don’t PLAY it. Pirating it just shows that you’re a hypocrite who just wasn’t willing to pay for a game they still wanted to use.

If you’re that dead set on it, then just buy something else, and send the devs and e-mail telling them why you spent your money elsewhere than on this title.

• Bweahns says:

I agree that pirating the game isn’t the answer but the fact is I want to play the game but I don’t want to receive a worse gaming experience because I paid for it. Invasive, buggy, bloaty and annoying DRM for a single player game really gets my nerd rage foaming.

Bioshock 2 saw me fucking about for over 2 hours before I could play the game by which point I was so frustrated I turned it off in disgust.

I’m planning to get myself a house in the middle of nowhere in the next couple of years and buying a lot of single player games simply isn’t going to be an option as I won’t be able to play them without an internet connection hence I will have to pirate them.

• Avenger says:

Buy it, then crack it.

It works for me… to some degree at least.

I really wish the publishers did not have their way

46. jon_hill987 says:

The hero of Gotham is a bat,
    Some say he’s dressed like a prat,
    but not to his face,
    if they want to embrace,
    A life where they can still wear a hat.

Last line needs work, any ideas?

47. Linfosoma says:

Great, GFWL = regional restriction in my area. And no, there is no such thing as a retail PC game available in south America, Im screwed. >=(

• subedii says:

Region restrictions definitely need to go. I won’t mince my words, they’re completely daft and there’s no reason for them.

48. Avenger says:

CRAP… I really wanted to play this.

NOPE LoL…

49. Unaco says:

GFWL wasn’t too bad in Batman: Arkham Asylum… I’ve had more trouble with Steam and updating, or with other ‘services’ like Ubi. Sure it was infuriating for the extra 15-20 minutes it added to install/setup, and it took me a while to remember the Username/Password I’d obviously used some time prior. But once that was done, I had no problems with it.

Besides, if Arkham City is as good as Arkham Asylum, some GFWL inconvenience (plus £30) will be a small price to pay in my book.

50. Nameless1 says:

Nice. Say goodbye to my money.