New XIII Game Is A Puzzler

By Jim Rossignol on October 26th, 2011 at 12:38 pm.

I was happier then.
Clues about a new XIII game were recently discovered on the internet. I know! Imagine that. They have led to this Facebook page. Not a shooter this time – developers Anuman Interactive are making an “interactive story”, XIII: Lost Identity, that will help players get “close to the books”. A bit disappointing for fans of the shooter, I suppose, but maybe fans of the comics will get a kick out of it. Uh, That’s it for now. I guess the game will come out at some point, and all will be well.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Chizu says:

Shame, I really enjoyed the original game, a sequel would have been nice.

• nofing says:

Same here. I was so excited when I heard, they made a new one. Sceptical, if they could pull off a good follow up story, but still excited. Now, after only two little news pieces, I’m not even interested anymore.

• Ian says:

I liked XIII too. Some of it was bastard hard, but I liked it.

Disappointed that this won’t be a shooter.

Was the PC version any good? I’d consider re-buying that at some point, had it on console back in the day.

• bear912 says:

It’s available on GOG for a few units of currency. Dunno what the PC version’s like, as I never played the game on any platform, but there you are. You can find out what it’s like for a little money.

2. Balobam says:

So half the games on the market are being remade as shooters, but this is being redone as a puzzler? I haven’t got a clue what’s going on.

3. sinister agent says:

Oh yeah, I remember that game. Well, I remember seeing an advert for it, anyway. Never played it, and didn’t hear much about it. Its visual style looked really novel at the time. Was there a hivemind consensus about XIII at all?

• Jumwa says:

It’s the only Ubisoft game I’ve ever played and actually didn’t hate. Don’t know if that meshes with the hivemind consensus or not.

As for this, how bizarre it is that every non-shooter is getting remade into one, yet this is getting remade into a puzzle game. Very weird.

• Dowson says:

I enjoyed it quite a bit, seems to be the general view of those who played it as well.

• Syra says:

it was very interesting, quite unique. Didn’t fit the mould for most anything as shooters went at the time, though it was also very flawed…

• diebroken says:

XIII is a great game and in my top 10 underrated (ambitious and misunderstood) FPS games…

• HermitUK says:

The combat was fairly standard shooter fare, but it had a decent variety of locations, and the comic book presentation was brilliant. Its cheap on GoG, and still a decent game, though there’s a few enforced stealth sections.

• sinister agent says:

Good enough for me, thanks. I’ll put it a few places down on my “eventually” list.

4. Javier-de-Ass says:

looks like an adventure game

5. Magnetude says:

That’s not an innocent hand in that pocket.

• The Ninja Foodstuff formerly known as ASBO says:

You’ve gone and ruined it for me now! Although I’m not really sure what the *it* was that you ruined to be honest.

• Magnetude says:

He’s touching his willy

• nofing says:

Thanks for clarifying that. I wasn’t sure what you meant with your first statement.

• Syra says:

Thank you, it was needed.

6. Nice Save says:

Interactive story? Isn’t that what most shooters are these days anyway?

7. noodlecake says:

I enjoyed XIII quite a lot when it was out. Adam West did the voice for one of the main characters too! More games need Adam West! Why isn’t he the voice of Batman in Arkham City, dammit?

• kukouri says:

There’s a project to work on. Take old Batman Show voice clips, splice them into a mod to replace all spoken lines. Boosh.

• Zoomon says:

But do this for all games.

• Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

Holy test chambers, Batman! We’re stuck in some sort of laboratory.
      Never fear, Robin. This Bat-portal device will set us free in a jiffy, if I can just calibrate the correct bat-frequency…

8. Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

First person shooters just aren’t contemporary any more. Today’s gamer just isnt interested in shooting mans.

9. Iskariot says:

I was pleasantly surprised when I bought XIII.
    I would have enjoyed a well made successor.
    Not interested in this at all.

10. buzzmong says:

Oh, it’s not a shooter?
    Bah.
    XIII was a good game. Cant remember if I completed it or not. I do remember the submarine being quite hard, but can’t remember much past it.

I really did like the “thud”, “splat” and “thwack” pop ups that appeared. Awesome additions to the game’s comic feel.

11. Post-Internet Syndrome says:

There is a miniseries in 2 parts (I believe) that is based on the comic. Quite loosely though. It doesn’t really capture the vibe of the original story (though it could be argued the game doesn’t either) but it’s enjoyable as a standard agent action thingy.

12. Vexing Vision says:

I really enjoyed XIII the Shooter. Throwing Knifes at evil nazi-dudes never got old. It was, however, a commercial failure (as most unique games are). The only thing I really disliked (loved the submarine section, very, very cool) was the cliffhanger ending. So a sequel is good news, in whatever odd shape it comes.

13. Zeewolf says:

How are people surprised by this? It’s by Anuman/Microids (mainly adventure/casual game dev) and it’s coming to iOS as well. I knew it wasn’t going to be a shooter the moment it was announced, and I never understood why everyone just assumed that because Ubisoft made a shooter with the license Anuman would too.

14. Kevin says:

I’m torn between my obsession with la bande dessinée and my seething hatred for point-and-click adventure games with moon logic puzzles.

15. Wooly Wugga Wugga says:

Weren’t we all complaining about everything being turned into a shooter just the other day?

16. yourgrandma says:

Nothing of value is lost. First game was terrible and absolutely strived for mediocrity. It had awful AI with some incredibly annoying stealth missions and the graphics lacked style. Cell shading and ugly textures ≠ style. I don’t think it would be possible to make up a more cliche and generic story based on the kennedy assassination. Get this… he has amnesia… this game should just be forgotten.

17. Cirdain says:

18. gayylalgli says:

When the game is multiplatform, we get a shitty console port, like a least common multiple. When the games are developed for CELL PHONES, we still get the least common multiple!! That’s insane, disrespectful, and a pain in the ass. I wonder: what would be its system requirements? If I prepare my PC to run BF3, will it be able to run this sequel?! Well, can’t say I am surprised considering the announced platforms. But nevertheless I am still a bit disappointed. I won’t be buying this. Not saying it will be bad or so. I am just not interested in a puzzle game.seo service