Humble Bundle V Adds Braid, Meat Boy, Lone Survivor

By John Walker on June 7th, 2012 at 6:00 pm.

Good blimey.

It’s arguable that the current Humble Indie Bundle is the best one yet. I’d argue it. I’m arguing it right now. But incredibly, it just got better. Added to Bastion, Superbrothers, Limbo, Psychonauts and Amnesia are Super Meat Boy, Braid, and bundle first-timer, Lone Survivor. Oh my goodness.

When speaking to Humble’s Richard Esguerra earlier today, I took the chance to ask him about what difference these extras can make. You can see that below.

So if you’ve already paid for the bundle, you’ll find those three games are added to your downloads. If you haven’t, you’ll need to pay over the average (currently just under $8) to get them included – along with Bastion – to the other four. Which is, well, the best offer ever. Eight bucks for eight of the finest indie games around? Cripes. I asked Richard all about this.

RPS: Those are some huge games you’re adding in. This process must have come through experimentation. How has this worked out in the past?

Richard Esguerra: Pretty well. We’re in a weird spot where we try to have it be a surprise, but if you’ve been paying attention it’s probably not. I guess the anticipation now is what kind of content there is. But two weeks is a long time to run a sale, so I think it adds a little bit of extra fun, extra excitement to it. It also acts as a reminder, it’s our way of reminding folks that there’s this awesome thing going on. If you look at the pattern, the term we have for it is “Bundle within a bundle.” It’s usually stuff that we’ve bundled in the past, and it’s also a way for us to – sometimes people miss a sale. So, this is a way for people who may have missed out on other promotions.

RPS: So if you’ve already bough this bundle, you’ll get these three games added in.

Richard Esguerra: Yes, if you bought them prior to this second launch, they’re yours automatically. For subsequent purchases, they’re an added ‘beat the average’ incentive.

RPS: Is there any temptation to have it be so you only get the extra games if you up your payment to above the average?

Richard Esguerra: No, I don’t think so. That’s not been discussed as an option, but it has been communicated internally that that would be gross. It feels like a bait and switch, you get penalised for buying earlier. That doesn’t make any sense for customers. If there’s anything that we’re super-rabid about, it’s about gamers – it’s about the gamers’ experience, about how awesome the experience of participating in a bundle is. Getting to pay what you want, getting to choose where the money goes. We want all that to be as awesome as possible, so we really try to avoid experiences where people will feel like, “Oh, why did I buy this when I did.”

, , , , , .

1. byteCrunch says:

I already had Braid and Super Meat Boy from other bundles, but Lone Survivor I had been very interested in.

This bundle isn’t so humble.

2. Hoaxfish says:

So, er, wow.

3. Toberoth says:

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn that is sweet. So gutted I already have all of those!

4. squidlarkin says:

I have all these games except for Limbo and Lone Survivor, and I’d still be buying it if I weren’t completely broke right now.

• Juan Carlo says:

I have all but Lone Survivor. I want it, but the average is almost 8 dollars. Not worth it.

• Toberoth says:

It really is worth it. You get all the soundtracks for the first games as well.

• Dominic White says:

Lone Survivor is worth the $8 by itself.

• Xerian says:

You clearly dont know the definition of worth… Or maybe you’re just confused. I dont know.

• Chmilz says:

I applaud the fact that you can pay $0.01 to get games, but choose to wait until you can pay what you feel they’re worth. If only the bigwigs at the large publishers would understand that we are a generous bunch that simply don’t like being screwed over…

Smashbox says:

I wouldn’t usually leave this here, but:
    FUCKIN’-A. Thats a good deal.

6. TailSwallower says:

Curses! I only just bought Braid during the Because We May sale!

No, I’m not seriously complaining – I’m actually stoked to have gotten Lone Survivor as I’ve been umming and ahhing about that since launch.

• Puckoidiot says:

I got it then too, but I don’t even care. I can’t even remember what I paid then because it was so dirt cheap.

7. Bakuraptor says:

Wow. Well, that clinches it, I’m definitely buying the bundle again as a gift, and paying more than I did last time. That’s really impressive.

8. Billzor says:

Bought. Loving it.

9. Gasmask Hero says:

Got all three. Oh, well.

10. DerBonk says:

This announcement certainly is more exciting than anything coming out of E3. Barring the Carmack VR thing, maybe, if that’s an announcement.

sonofsanta says:

Anyone who doesn’t buy this bundle should be required to hand in their PC for being a terrible, terrible fool.

Gap Gen says:

But the main focus of the bundle are the terrible fools who don’t already own most of these games already, no? I mean, this is the third time I’ve bought Psychonauts, not including the time I played my sister’s copy when it came out.

sonofsanta says:

Third time for me as well… had it on shiny disc back in the day (and bought an Xbox controller specially for it), then again in a Steam sale because the disc was scratched, then again now. I don’t mind, it deserves it.

Alright, alright, a caveat: you can keep your PC if you are already so excellent that you own all these games. In fact, i you bought them all already, at proper prices, you can have the PC of someone who had to hand theirs in.

12. Ironclad says:

Okay. I just purchased this bundle – but I already own braid and Amnesia. Is there a way to gift these particular games (but not the bundle) to one of my friends?

Gap Gen says:

They have no DRM, so, yes? I assume you can give them the steam codes separately, but I’m not sure.

• kalirion says:

There are 3 steam codes total:

1. The original base games (including Amnesia)
        2. Bastion
        3. The new extras

So Bastion is the only one you can separate from the rest.

• Dizzard says:

This might be a silly question….but if I was to use the key to get the game on steam after I had downloaded the drm version and played that version. Would those two versions be connected or would the saves on the steam version be different from the drm version?

Aninhumer says:

Not sure exactly what you mean by “the DRM version” here, or indeed which game you’re referring to. But I’d doubt indie games are likely to do weird save lock in things like that, even if a version does have DRM.

• Juan Carlo says:

No. Humble bundle doesn’t give seperate codes. It’s all one. Sometimes the bonus games are seperate codes, but never the core package.

• spanner says:

You get one Steam code for the whole package (unless you bought before the new games were added, in which case I believe you get a second Steam code to add those ones).

You do have the option to direct download, and though they’re all supposed to be just for you to use there’s nothing really stopping you from giving some of them away. That sacrifices the convenience of Steam though.

I bought once for me, to get Superbrothers and Amnesia (owned the rest) and a second copy as a gift (it’s the perfect package for converting some unbelievers).

• LionsPhil says:

No. From the page with the Steam codes on:

Steam will not provide extra giftable copies of games you already own.
      All keys are for your personal use only.

Nothing will technically stop you giving away the DRM-free copies, but nothing stops you copying them to filthy pirates a million times either, because that’s kind of what DRM-free means. You will, however, make a kitten very sad.

You could just buy your friend a bundle for all of eight bucks, and avoid any feline depression.

• Edradour says:

“but nothing stops you copying them to filthy pirates a million times either”

Doesnt really matter since theyre all cracked by now anyways?

• LionsPhil says:

How do you “crack” a game that had no DRM to begin with, exactly, short of stuffing it with bonus malware and handing it to stupid people?

More to the point, how does that have any relevance to what I just said? You can technically pirate the bundle. You can technically give away surplus Steam keys. You shouldn’t do either.

13. Kaira- says:

Hm, does Lone Survivor run on Air? If so, a shame, since it seems like a game I’d probably play on my Linux-laptop while going to places.

[E] Also kinda disappointed with the additions, I have both Braid and SMB many times over from god knows what bundles and whatnots.

• kalirion says:

Lone Survivor has both 32 & 64 bit Linux installers available.

• Kaira- says:

So… is it a native build or? Because I heard rumours it uses Air. Anyway, a game I’ve been waiting for.

[E] Might also clarify that I already bought the bundle this morning, so I also now have LS but was just curious about the Linux-version, if anyone has experiences with it.

• rustybroomhandle says:

It’s not AIR, just a straight-up Flash executable.

14. kalirion says:

I didn’t realize at first that the extras were included for everyone who’d already bought the bundle, so I upped my contribution without even checking the download links…. Ah well, good cause and all that.

LTK says:

Okay, so that’s three games added, three of which I don’t already own. (I know, I should be ashamed.) Limbo, Psychonauts and Bastion I already have, but this is the final drop in the bucket. No, actually, this is adding another full bucket to an already generously filled one. You win, Humble Bundle V. I’m buying you.

16. Phasma Felis says:

Welp, that’s me on board, then. I was waiting for them to add more games I didn’t already have, and Lone Survivor has pushed me over.

17. iainl says:

Already got Braid, but my Super Meat Boy is on console. Going to have to complete it again aren’t I?

18. durns says:

This is too good. I already own all these games because they were worth the full-price. Will be interesting to see whether the ‘already own’ issue causes this to be less successful that prior HIBs, or if the ‘these are freaking awesome, everyone get them cheap’ makes it more successful.

The game is afoot!

19. pilouuuu says:

Haha it’s funny that in the illustrations they made Lone Survivor character look like his really wearing a handkerchief covering his face and made it clear it’s not some disturbingly happy grin.

20. griffin_jt says:

Excellent news.

If you go to the buy section of the Lone Survivor website, there’s a “Humble Store” logo. Which fits with an earlier RPS post today.

They should really put a link to the Bundle website from the Lone Survivor website!

21. Dizzard says:

Just bought this earlier today before these extra games were added, glad I went over the average for Bastion.

I didn’t own any of these games until today. It’s like being a kid in a candy store. :D

• Fanbuoy says:

You have no idea how much I envy what you have to look forward to. I’d like to travel back in time so that I can experience them all for the first time again. On the other hand, they’re still awesome.

22. Maldomel says:

Holy Cow! This is like, the best bundle to have ever walked this earth! Makes me wonder why I don’t own all those games already, but whatever, time to play!

23. apocraphyn says:

Holy megadamn. The only game I had out of these was Bastion. This is the greatest deal I have ever laid witness to!

24. PopeJamal says:

My god, it’s full of stars!

Man Raised by Puffins says:

26. VoEC says:

I bought the bundle about a week ago. When I read this article and checked my HIB page I almost got a heart attack.
    Exactly the games that I still didn’t have but wanted the most! Thank you so much humble folks!

jrodman says:

I’m probably the only one on the planet sad about this update.

I don’t like Braid. I don’t like Super Meat Boy. Its not that “they’re not my kind of game”. I believe the developers of both games decided to create player-hostile games. I want to not have any of my money given to them.

But I already paid.

Oh well.

• LionsPhil says:

I’m assuming that if I did a custom split they’re not going to retroactively slice any of that money away, and they effectively got a $0 share.

Now I have to decide if I want to actually register those games on Steam, because having Braid inscribed on my permanant record is possibly an unwanted black mark.

• fauxC says:

Why all the Braid hate? Sure, it’s a bit po-faced, but I can’t see how it’s deserving of hated.

Also “player-hostile” is a curious phrase. I’m sure you mean something more complicated than “difficult”, but I can’t put my finger on quite what.

• LionsPhil says:

Personally, the developer just really, really gets on my tits. I dunno about that guy up there.

• jmtd says:

but what about the *game*? I can appreciate what you mean about the developer. I still enjoy Roman Polansky movies.

• Cytrom says:

Braid has fantastic visual art design, great music, excellent innovative and challenging gameplay, clever puzzles and a mysterious story that slowly unfolds as you play… the only way to not like that is if you don’t like videogames in general, or you are a hipster.

SMB is a more streamlined, better designed and a bit simplified ripoff of ‘I wanna be the guy’. I can understand how that game could be more polarizing, since its a pretty challenging game, not for casuals. But still its a fun and rewarding game, if somone puts the effort in it.

• Dominic White says:

The most repeated complaint I’ve seen is that it’s pretentious. People know it’s pretentious because it talks about relationships and feelings, and nobody likes those.

• Quarex says:

Actually people know it is pretentious because the developer has all but said it is the only “intelligent” video game ever produced. Hence, loads of pretense.

I would probably play it, actually, since I like fun even if it is pretentious fun, but as someone who found Bastion to be too pretentious (and not particularly fun) and thus did not beat the average in the first place, I guess I will have to live without it.

• Dominic White says:

… If you found Bastion pretentious (it’s one of the most straightforward and un-pretentious games ever made), then you’re probably going to find yourself upset about the high-concept ideas explored in almost every game ever.

And the ‘most intelligent game ever made’ quote, as far as Google is telling me, is actually misattributed. A fan said it, not the developer.

• fish99 says:

” My guess would be: Totalbiscuit didn’t like it for some nonsense reason, so the noncomformist conformists must conform to him.. or something equally stupid. ”

More like people were butt hurt when they got to the end and didn’t get to rescue the princess.

jrodman says:

“the only opinions that differ from mine are not legitimate.”

• InternetBatman says:

The writing was terrible. Just completely awful. I’ve had more than one friend say they wished they could play it without the writing.

Even if you don’t listen to Jonathon Blow’s interviews, which make him sound like a big bloated balloon filled with pomposity, the writing is dense for the sake of being dense with no content whatsoever. That’s pretentious. The game is fun, the mechanics are alright, not world shattering, and the ending scene is clever. It’s clever, but it’s not as clever as it thinks it is. It joins Limbo in the highly-stylized-platformer-that-uses-this-to-obscure-the-complete-lack-of- meaning genre. I like to call them hptuttotclom games.

• Dominic White says:

It’s like Jon Blow is a lightning rod for deeply insecure people on the internet – they all come crashing down on the same points, over and over again. You all sound so very *threatened* by the fact that he uses words, and talks about feelings, and even has more than one kind of puzzle in his puzzle game.

jrodman says:

A lot of people find someone’s behavior annoying. I know.. the problem is with ALL THOSE PEOPLE.

jrodman says:

Braid pulls multiple bait and switches.

Oh you can rewind time to retry things.
          No wait.. you can’t.

Oh this is a pleasant thinky puzzle game.
          No wait.. it’s actually a twitchy obnoxious jumpy demanding platformer.

Oh I see, I can work things out by experimentation.
          No wait.. it has puzzles that require completely arbitrary leaps of illogic.

Oh I see, it has clever writing that is adult in tone.
          No wait, it’s actually drivel that leads nowhere and the developer says that everyone’s interpretations are “wrong” for an ambiguous work…

—-

Still don’t believe Mr. Blow is into the bait and switch?

• RabidZombie says:

I have to call you out here on being completely wrong.

At no point in the game does it not clearly communicate to you what objects are going to do under time reversal. After teaching you what the green glow and the purple glow do to you, gently, it uses them consistently.

And at no point were there arbitrary jumps of logic. The game goes to great pains to make sure everything you need is introduced to you in time. All you need to do is piece together the bits of the puzzle.

No world confuses you with switching around time mechanics without warning. No objects behave in an unpredictable way. No puzzle requires you to be lucky or look up a solution.

And why are you even taking into account what a developer says when you play a game. Judge a game for the game.

• Ragnar says:

I’ll give you the “twitchy obnoxious jumpy demanding platformer” part, as it does tend to have more of that as it goes on. Nothing compared to most demanding platformers, but certainly more than I expected from a puzzle game. The developer may be a pretentious twat as you say, I wouldn’ t know, but I won’t stop that from letting me enjoy his game.

I have to disagree with you on the other points. While there are parts that are immune to time reversal, you could almost always restore the game state all the way back to the original point without having to restart the level (though the latter was occasionally faster).

And Braid had fewer “arbitrary leaps of illogic” than just about every adventure game I’ve played. Which is to say, I suck at adventure games, and need to consult a walkthrough at least once for most of them, but I was able to beat Braid on my own. Most of the time, the difficulty I encountered was one of execution (the demanding platformer bit above) rather than of figuring out what I need to do.

jrodman says:

@rabidzombie: while I don’t agree with your perception of the game (obviously), none of your points actually contradict what I said.

If you’re going to be so uselessly combative as to say “completely wrong”, you should at least speak to what you’re responding to.

@Ragnar:
            In practice, there are many points where reversing time does not save you from death or requires a long pass through a cycle to get back to where you were (these two things are related).

If you have better platforming control, or you got luckier or you ‘got it’ faster, these may have affected you less often, but just because they didn’t doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen to others.

Agreed on most adventure games requiring a lot more lateral thinking, and sometimes unworkably nonsense thinking, but at least they don’t kill you while you’re thinking. But they’re more experientially self-consistent. You know what you’re getting into and the rug isn’t pulled out from under you repeatedly for no real benefit.

• MaximKat says:

Okay, I get the SMB, but how is Braid hostile to anyone?

• Ragnar says:

It has parts that require excessive repetition to achieve perfectly timed jumps? I wouldn’t call it hostile, but it was certainly frustrating when I knew what to do, I knew how to do it, but it took a lot of trial and error to finally achieve it.

I still thought it was a great game, but my SO got frustrated and would have given up if I had not helped guide her.

• Strangerator says:

I prefer games that are hostile to the player over games that are disrespectful to the player. Most indie games are very respectful of their players (perhaps one of their main characteristics), and believe they can handle challenges (and thus also failure) like adults.

jrodman says:

When modern indie developers say “we respect the player’s time”, what they usually mean is “we didn’t have the resources to playtest properly”.

Some games that totally failed in providing good difficulty curve experiences, and use this phrase, include:

– osmos
        – braid
        – super meat boy

• jamesgecko says:

Braid is one of the least hostile puzzle games I’ve played. That’s most of the premise of the game, what with the instant rewind button and all. The only puzzle that immediately comes to mind that can’t be semi-instantly undone had a pretty large hint signposted and was basically a puzzle the player had just seen.

jrodman says:

The picture frame is a huge failure.

And in a lot of the game rewinding.. does.. not.. rewind. It moves in some alternate dimension.

For a game that actually used rewinding to lower frustration, see Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, a truly excellent game.
        In Braid, they just used it as an excuse to make it worse.

• Dominic White says:

You seem to be a very insecure individual, who finds themselves angered that a puzzle game contains more than one kind of puzzle, and explores multiple approaches to time manipulation.

This doesn’t make the game bad, or the creator pretentious, it makes you a very strange creature.

• Ragnar says:

There’s no need to use personal attacks or make accusations as to his character failings. Criticize his points, not his personality. This isn’t a political campaign. ;)

And while I disagree with most of his points, the picture frame bit is unintuitive (I thought it was really cool once I discovered it, but I only discovered it by accident), and PoP:SoT is a truly excellent game that does use rewinding time to decrease frustration (while Braid uses it to make devious puzzles that are occasionally frustrating).

jrodman says:

No, it makes me someone who knows how to design puzzles, and bad clueing is a bad puzzle.

When you add into that flat claims by the creator that “all the puzzles are reasonable”, you can see that the creator is actually fatally flawed in terms of trying to create an inclusive game. He’s not able to admit that he’s not getting enough feedback.

Puzzle creation REQUIRES lots of feedback, or you end up with dross where people can’t figure it out and no one is having fun.

Why do you keep making things up? Did I call the game pretentious?

• stiffkittin says:

Cannot. Stop. Laughing. This is the most paranoid thing I’ve read in ages.

jrodman says:

Many potentially valid criticisms are possible. Paranoid is just wrong.

• InternetBatman says:

Personally I hate all the stupid “controllers are best” messages Meat Boy uses while loading.

• DickSocrates says:

For Meat Boy it’s entirely true. Only PC worshipping nutters think platformers should even be attempted with keyboards. The only advantage PC controls have is the mouse, platformers, racing games, fighting games don’t use a mouse.

• fish99 says:

Controllers *are* better for platformers though. They’re better for fighting games too. Seriously do people still not get that different controllers suit different types of games?

28. Nintyuk says:

I’ve bought so many bundles already that I have Pretty much all of these games, I gave my 5$ to the HumbleBrony Bundle Instead this time.

29. Belsameth says:

I love them humble guys! Seriously!

I also just bought it. Already wanted it due to Bastion, but Lone Surviver pulled me over the edge. Best bundle so far!

Andy_Panthro says:

First bundle that I bothered to buy, couldn’t turn this lot down. I already had Amnesia and Psychonauts, but $15 for the rest + soundtracks is a damn good deal.

Now I get to find out what the fuss over Bastion is all about, but I think Lone Survivor is the one that I really want to play.

• LionsPhil says:

Bastion surprised me because the demo left me feeling that it wasn’t my kind of my game, and it sort of isn’t, but it’s done so well that I don’t care and I’m completely suckered by the storytelling.

(Also I reached the point where I got a weapon loadout that made it feel like Alien Swarm, and I freaking loved Alien Swarm. Sod melee.)

The big, horrible lump floating in it is the autosaving checkpoint mechanism that means if you do something suboptimally (say, because real life inconveniently distracted you at a crucial moment) you can never go back.

• jamesgecko says:

Permanence? In _my_ game? http://imgur.com/kBj8g

I’m actually pretty fine with that. Quick save/load takes away a lot of tension. It stinks if real life happens and you flub something or miss a cutscene. But I think there’s actually only one or two critical points in Bastion where something like that has a big impact, so it’s probably worth the risk.

[Premptive "you don't have to use quicksave if you don't like it" counter argument: http://www.dinofarmgames.com/just-dont-use-it-then/ ]

• LionsPhil says:

It has no impact if it happens because someone suddenly asked me a question in the real world at a bad time. That’s not any kind of narrative consequence. It’s just annoying.

Games that won’t allow for the fact that they exist in a context of an outer environment are not well designed in that regard.

• RegisteredUser says:

Why did Alien Swarm never take off? Why did it completely die?
        It was moddable and free and awesome 4 player co-op.
        Everything people these days clamour for. Its also kinda casual and playable in a break.

WTF happened??????

oceanclub says:

I had most of the games from the original HB5, but yeah, this clinches it. Amazing value.

P.

DrScuttles says:

Adding Lone Survivor to the bundle tipped me over. That and Bastion.

And as I already have the other games, I’m left with a spare Limbo, Amnesia, Sword & Sworcery, and Psychonauts key. Where can I find someone who hasn’t played Psychonauts?

33. MrTambourineMan says:

I own every game except Psychonauts (want it bad!), Bastion (want it bad too!) and S&S (I don’t care about it at all). I might buy it for soundtracks though.

DrScuttles says:

You can have my key. I’m hesitant to just post it here though. Could email you it or PM you on the Steam forums if you’re registered there.

edit: though I’m going to bed now.

34. tynen says:

I love Humble Bundle :)

35. NailBombed says:

The only one of these I already owned was Super Meat Boy. HIB, you rock. Would have liked to get the soundtracks for those as well, but hey, can’t have everything. (also a darn shame I can’t gift SMB to someone… again, can’t have everything)

36. Wedge says:

The only thing I want in this entire bundle that I don’t already have is the soundtrack to Lone Survivor. But did they add the soundtracks for those new games? I was a bit miffed the soundtrack cost just as much as the game, so I never got it on it’s own.

drewski says:

Fine, I bought it. Gave most of the money to Limbo as I already had Amnesia, Psychonauts and Braid, whilst I plan to pick up Bastion on console instead. Have little interest in the other three.

38. RegisteredUser says:

Bestest bestdom of best bestingtom.

39. Warth0g says:

This is really generous but I already have most of the games. Darn.. hate it when there’s a bargain to be had that’s inapplicable to me :-(

40. SteamySashimi says:

I already own Limbo, Braid, Bastion, Amnesia and Psychonauts.

I’m still getting this bundle. THAT’S how good it is.

41. dudeglove says:

I can say outright that Bastion’s soundtrack is fabulous, as is S&S.

42. MiKHEILL says:

I bought all of the games in the bundle just days before it became available. And then it adds more games that I similarly I had bought just days beforehand :(

On the upside, my money has gone to supporting some great developers.

43. zacharai says:

Did anyone else notice that Notch had paid the most for this bundle, at $9,999? I thought that was really cool.

I have too many of these games already, but I think I’ll get the bundle. I’m actually mostly looking forward to the music – there’s some great music in Bastion and Swords and Sworcery.

44. Madlore says:

So glad I got this and also so glad that I held off and buying pretty much all those games until now :D

45. Darthus says:

How the heck does this work? Why does him logging in on another server allow him to move in the first server? The game keeps track of your location independent of session? Wouldn’t the simplest fix be to just track your character’s location on a per server basis?

• hilltop says:

I’m guessing your reply was directed at the Day Z post and not the Humble Bundle.

I agree with the thrust of your argument. I’ve been assuming the cross-server persistence was a partial remedy to the 50-person limit on servers, giving you more potential openings to avoid queuing for servers. But then this happens.

46. Savagetech says:

Well this clinches it, never again will I buy an indie game until it shows up in a bundle. Bought Lone Survivor at release thinking that a relatively unknown one-man developer wouldn’t piss in his early supporters’ faces by putting the game in a bundle so quickly. Turns out I was wrong, and 7 weeks after the Steam release you can get the game with 6 great indie titles for less than it costs alone.

Supporting the developer is normally a fine consolation, but supporting someone who is willing to give the finger to his early adopters so quickly actually makes me more irritated to have purchased Lone Survivor. Thankfully, I won’t be making that mistake again. I wonder how long it’ll take before this whole bundle craze comes back to bite the scene in the ass; where only super-fans are willing to buy indie titles at launch, thus stifling the entry of newcomers and making things as stagnant as the big developers.

• JackShandy says:

Piss. In your face. That’s what he’s done by taking your ten dollars, then taking someone else’s $8.32. That $1.67 dollar difference is the salty urine of jasper byrne, streaming down your face, as he laughs mockingly. This is the way your mind works.

47. Belua says:

I bought this even though I had most of the games because I was interested in Sword&Sworcery (which I tried and found ‘meh’, to be honest). But now I got Lone Survivor on top, which I’d have bought sooner or later anyway, which is really great. Shouldn’t have played right before sleeping, though… That game is seriously disturbing.