Are you starving for more Don’t Starve? Do you long to sink your teeth into more juicy, wholesome content and suck the marrow from its bones like the thirstiest of draculas? Then you’re in luck. After a brief Steam Early Access testing period, the brilliantly quirky survival adventure’s Reign of Giants DLC expansion is now available on Steam proper. Venture below for a new trailer, but beware: unspeakable terrors lurk in RPS’ whispering woods. We’ve got evil trees, deerclops, notorious human hunter Adam Smith – all of it. Proceed at your own risk.
LOOK OUT IT’S ADAM. No wait, that was just a colossal spider queen. Phew.
Reign of Giants will make Don’t Starve’s odd world of the weird, wacky, and occult even more frighteningly and secret-laden. Observe its contents:
- New playable characters: Reign of Giants adds two characters for players to discover and survive with. Play as Wigfrid, a stage actress who went a bit too far with method acting on her latest role, an ancient Valkyrie, or Webber, a young boy who lives inside the spider who tried to eat him long ago.
- Year-round starvation: Struggle through a full year of seasons as you experience the torrential rain falls of spring and the blistering heat of summer.
- A bigger, badder world: New biomes have been filled the the brim with new creatures and gatherables that will either help you survive – or kill you.
- An extra save slot: You asked, we delivered.
- Giants: They’re in the name for crying out loud!
I feel like I’ll best identify with Webber, as I too am a spider who mercilessly devoured a young boy but – in a shocking twist – was then almost immediately consumed by another spider, whom I now live inside. I embody all sides of the character, really.
Reign of Giants will only run you $4.99. How’s that sound? Think you’ll give it a go?