Woah, you totally solved the puzzle
Well done, you! You're the best. Your reward is a blessing from Horace which gives you +3 defence against bear attacks* and the following additional words about Legend of Grimrock.
Here's what's promised for version 1.1.4 of the game, which will land later this week all being well:
- vsync is enabled by default
- borderless windows are no longer topmost
- pressing ESC closes character sheet
- fixed unlimited frost arrow exploit
- bug fix: topmost menu item don’t work reliably in 2560×1440 resolution
- bug fix: wall text translations are not dismissed when right-clicking
- bug fix: inanimate objects can be backstabbed
- bug fix: projectiles go through doors in some very rare cases
- improved display resolution auto-detection at first launch
- fixed a couple of typos
- removed check that disables high texture resolution setting when running low on video memory (some graphics drivers seem to report available video memory incorrectly)
Which all sounds jolly useful, if not especially revelatory. The projectiles/doors bug sounds like it could have been very useful, though. Maybe I'll decline the patch, just in case...
Also incoming at some point is a map editor. That's the kind of thing that could help the game live FOREVER, I suspect.
I'm currently on level 5 of the game, have peered with creepy intensity at every single section of wall and have only had to consult forums for help twice. I know, I know, you completed the game in five minutes and thought only a child would need any assistance. You're very clever.
*Please, please, please don't test that.