Shogun 2: The Multiplayer Options Footaging

By Jim Rossignol on February 17th, 2011 at 6:14 pm.

So it seems that the men of The Creative Assembly are keen to talk to us about about the resplendently buffed multiplayer features of their new strategy game, Shogun 2. With that in mind, they’ve gone and fashioned a trailer to outline some of said multiplayer features. The hats you can put on your general are, frankly, ludicrous, but there are more intriguing things still, like unit veterancy. Go take a look, and marvel at the speeded up speediness of it.

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. man-eater chimp says:

Odds on a TF2-Shogun hat tie in?

• DeathHamsterDude says:

Odds don’t even come into it anymore.
      TF2 has now officially replaced Rule 34; If you can imagine it, there’s a hat of it.

2. DiamondDog says:

Music from the first Shogun? I wonder if that’s actually in the game. They better not be teasing.

3. Thule says:

Will this finally have a Grand Campaign Multiplayer mode? There was no mention of it in the video so I’m assuming no for now. I don’t understand why they haven’t implemented that yet. 90% of the game’s flaws would be remedied simply by having the opposing countries/clans controlled by human players.

I like how the game looks so far but I’m gonna remain extremely skeptical because of Empire.

• Jim Rossignol says:

The interview we did with them stated that the campaign multiplayer would be supported.

• Thule says:

Awesome. That leaves me feeling a little more positive about the game.
      I also really like the ability to customize your general. Can’t wait to emasculate my angry samurai men by making them wear pink flowery outfits.

• anoniminimity says:

Empire had a multiplayer campaign beta released for it after release, and there was a playable one in Napoleon too. So yeah they have already implemented it.

• Heliocentric says:

Angry samurai men are comfortable with their sexuality.

4. Veeskers says:

It’s always great when a new developer decides that playing with other people is not fun if you’re not spending half your life grinding XP to get trinkets and special advantages. Nobody enjoys anything without being manipulated into it.

5. Delusibeta says:

I see that someone’s finally challenging TF2 in the genre of war-themed hat simulators.

• Saiko Kila says:

Phew, Mount&Blade Warband had it already. And you could make yours own.

6. Jeremy says:

So, that video is sped up? Or do the units generally just jumble about all the time?

• Bhazor says:

Michael J Fox was a bad decision for the mocap.

• Serenegoose says:

Quite a bit sped up, judging by the scrolling speed and clickety speed. Unless they got a starcraft pro to do the video.

• Jeremy says:

@Bhazor

I had one of those “laugh but feel instantly guilty” moments.

• Novotny says:

*shameful giggling*

7. BAshment says:

Is the special edition with the artbook available in the uk?

8. Flappybat says:

Look at the size of those hats, 10/10.

9. Duffin says:

I’m starting to get more and more excited about this. I only played Empire for about 5 hours but was a massive fan of Rome and Medieval II. We need to get some RPS folks in on a multiplayer campaign.

10. Novotny says:

Desperately trying to ignore the hype. I so want this to be good, but if I were to pre-order it on the basis of this wave of marketing, and it turned out to be pants, the resulting explosion of misdirected anger might take out Northern Europe. Which wouldn’t be very good.

Isn’t it ridiculous how emotional we can get about these things?

11. Xiyng says:

I don’t quite like Steam, or the DLC policy of the previous games in the series… But this is definitely one of the most interesting games in a long time, I’m not sure I can resist it despite Steam and DLC.

12. Kakrafoon says:

Do you also sell virtual favourable hats? Oh damn, the hatseller man is gone.

13. Torgen says:

Awfully fond of those fire arrows, aren’t they, even if they catch some of their own guys in the back.

• tigershuffle says:

the fire arrows are what i dislike…….they are always shown like Flamethrowers……….

do the enemy douse themselves in petrol before every battle?!?

hopefully they will allow some ‘realism’ mod to sort out the arcadey battle elements cos at the moment it looks like a polished version of Rome (which i know isnt necessarily a bad thing)

14. Sarlix says: