Scare Tactics: Fear 3 Multiplayer Trailer

By Quintin Smith on April 15th, 2011 at 3:43 pm.

F**k off.

A trailer’s been released covering upcoming horror FPS F.E.A.R. 3′s range of innovative multiplayer modes, namely Contractions, Soul Survivor, Soul King (which sounds like “Sulking” to me) and, of course, F**king Run. Turns out F.E.A.R. 3′s getting released on May 24th, just a couple of weeks after Brink, which is coming out one week after Section 8: Prejudice. Hmm. That’s unlikely to turn out well for anyone involved.

Yeah! You shoot those guys! Hm. It’s all looking a bit choppy and loose, isn’t it? I’ll be curious to see how the finished game turns out.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Milky1985 says:

TBH it looks quite cool and at least a bit different from the normal cap the flag and deathmatch type stuff.

2. shoptroll says:

“That’s unlikely to turn out well for anyone involved.”

Almost make’s DNF’s delay to June look like a genius move.

3. pakoito says:

Sounds innovative enough, and brown.

4. int says:

Where’s Capture the Alma then?

• Milky1985 says:

[FEAR 2 SPOILER]

OK apparently i can’t put white sapce in so bibbito bobbity bo

this is a waste of space so the bit below is less spoilery

Last time someone tried to capture alma the guy they used as bait got raped……………………quite literally!

5. CaspianRoach says:

Graphics on this one are so 2009.

6. RiptoR says:

Looks quite “meh” to me. There’s something wrong with the visuals, they look extremely dated at moments.

• Rii says:

So did the original FEAR. I assume it’s the age of Monolith’s engine tech showing through. I’ve got a feeling it dates back to like Quake II.

• jonfitt says:

Choppy and loose is how I’d describe it.

I played a bit of FEAR1 multiplayer but did not like it at all. Contacts would be over in a split second, someone either got gibbed by one of the power weapons, or everyone would start sliding around on the floor trying to get a melee insta-kill.
      It became a case of who-spotted-who first while running around a warehouse, office, or car park.

This looks very similar.

• Pattom says:

The nailgun was a good counter to kung fu addicts. Its base damage wasn’t great, but it was surprisingly accurate and sliced right through armor. Pinning people to walls by their faces usually made them rethink a close-quarters approach.

7. Bilbo says:

Some of those game modes look really novel and interesting. But it isn’t ACHINGLY BEAUTIFUL REALISTIC MANSHOOTS so yeah, we all hate it apparently.

Don’t you understand we can’t have it both ways?

8. Heliocentric says:

Generic grey manshoot is much better than grey generic manshoot.

9. Gary W says:

I haven’t even looked at any F.E.A.R. games since late 2005. Do they still involve shooting at people in warehouses? Please advise.

10. foda500 says:

They should call this the FEAR mode: Fuck Everything and Run.

PS: Totally stole that from someone smarter than me.

11. Binman88 says:

HELL YEAH BRO!! THIS GAME TOTALLY SPEAKS TO ME WITH ITS USE OF WORDS BEGINNING WITH F!! WEAAAHHHHHH!!

12. The Pink Ninja says:

I like running is games. I had a lot of fun in Enter the Matrix when I just played it like the film and speed ran through the levels. Same with Mirror’s Edge. Just the running part of the game was bliss, didn’t even have to be away from anyone.

My fave is still the Zombie Escape mod for Counter Strike Source though, running across a level to the exit, giggling like a madman and stopping occasionally to hold back the zombies with a wave of bullets.

It shows how little innovation there is in gameplay ideas that something that simple is so much fun yet only exists in a very simple mod (Not even a mod, a map type).

13. hanneswall says:

As glad as I am about the fact that they’re trying something new I’m a bit worried that a couple of these modes (especially the ‘Fucking run’-mode) will have a pretty short lifespan. I can see these getting quite tiresome very fast. However, if they manage to pull it off it could be pretty interesting.

14. blind_boy_grunt says:

…i’m getting old… i seriously read this as “fREAking run” in my mind, even though it doesn’t even have enough stars.
    …wow i’m really getting old… i don’t think i ever wanted to tell something so boring before. Well at least i’m not rambling on and on. Anyways, that game really looks outdated. Perhaps if it was a unity project i’d say it looks awesome. I like the atmosphere of it. And if it was a indie game i’d look forward to it, because there would be at least the possibility of some great mind fucks along the way (ah a swear word, now i feel better) . But with what i’ve seen so far and thanks to that name alone i’m kinda “meh”.

15. molten_tofu says:

Well, all I have to say is thank god they finally got to a number they could also use as a letter. I was starting to get worried.

• psycho7005 says:

And they’ve got F.E.4.R all ready to go too, so they don’t even have to use those brains anymore for another few years, yay!!

Your comment made me seriously laugh out loud though. :P

16. hamster says:

Actually looks like quite a riot. Also looks absolutely nothing like the previous F.E.A.R games but i think i’ve come to accept that now so it’s all cool. Will keep an eye on this.

17. Dhatz says:

i disagree with where its going since the sequel(and by ignoring all datadisk or wtf). They dont even try to show wether the sound engine sucks or not this time.

18. DOLBYdigital says:

This is the first time my interest has been piqued. I like the wall of death mode although I’m sure not many gamers will actually come back to pick you up. They will just try to run and never look back, hopefully I’m wrong though. I also liked the scavenge mode with boarding up rooms, reminded me of a couple HL2 mods that are slipping my mind for some reason…. (zombie panic and others)

• psycho7005 says:

They could make it so that enemies come often enough to slow you down that having a team member down will make it much more likely the whole team will fail. Potential griefing there though, for people who have absolutely no lives…

19. Navagon says:

I liked the fact that it seemed to include barricading options. That’s something I wished Left 4 Dead had included.

20. Nick says:

it looks kinda like a UT mod..

21. kikito says:

I like how they are ok with showing people’s brains flying around but not with showing the word “fuck”. That’s as f**king inverted as it can be.

Comment on this story