Humble Bundle: Grow Home, Gunslinger, Rayman For $1

The latest Humble Bundle is a repeat of one from February, but it’ll be a mighty wild day when I’m bored by seeing Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, Grow Home, and Rayman Oranges for less than a quid. Only one dollar for the lot! What a bargain! Paying extra can get you games like Far Cry 3 too but dang, each of those ground-level games is a stonker.

The Humble Ubisoft Bundle Encore follows the usual pay-what-you-want tiered structure.

Paying at least $1 will get you Gunslinger, Grow Home, and Rayman Oranges. 2013’s Gunslinger’s a cracking wild west FPS with arcade-y action, doing fun things with its framing as a story being told in a saloon (have you played it? see also Wot John Thinks). 2013’s Grow Home is not at all a game I’d expect from modern Ubisoft, a climbing game starring a little robot; John adored it. And Oranges there is a ridiculous and charming 2D platformer. Good stuff! All of those for $1. Amazing.

Paying more than the current average price ($6.56 as I write) will also get you murderplayground FPS Far Cry 3 (it’s one of the best FPSs, says our Alec, though he was sensible enough to declare Far Cry 2 better – GOOD), stealth ’em up Splinter Cell Blacklist (here’s Wot Stanters Thought), 2.5D spin-off Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China, and more games yet to be revealed. The first time this bundle came around, those extras were the fantastic Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and goofy spin-off Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (here’s Wot John Thought), so maybe it’ll be them again?

Then more than $15 gets you Assassin’s Creed Rogue and open-world racer The Crew (John had a gander) on top of those.

Lastly, idk, $75 gets you The Division and a t-shirt too? I personally wouldn’t let anything called a Bundle decide my wardrobe.

I don’t know why I went into so much detail when the lowest one sells it all. As ever with Humble Bundles, you can split the money between Ubi, Humble, and charity. Most games come as Uplay keys (yes, I know, thank you, please stop leaving such tedious comments), though Gunslinger and Grow Home offer Steam keys instead.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. zarthrag says:

That’s a LOT of uplay!

2. dorkandy says:

Rayman oranges? :D

3. troffaholic says:

4. Barberetti says:

Oh FFS, Gunslinger on Steam only. Guess I should have read the rest of this article before splashing my cash.

• Blackcompany says:

You got it, play it son. I reckon you won’t regret it half so much as you think might…

Ok, sorry. But seriously, its pretty darned good. And not just the shooting gallery game play. The story is incredibly enjoyable. In fact if they turned it into a movie – with a healthy respect for the source material – I would absolutely go see it tomorrow.

• Barberetti says:

Oh, John’s Wot I Think completely sold me on the game back then, and it’s been on my must play list since. I’ve no doubt I’ll enjoy it as it sounds right up my street. I didn’t buy it back then because my graphics card wasn’t up to it, and since upgrading, other games have come along etc etc I’m sure you know how it is.

Anyway, now I’ve paid for it, I shall .. err … modify it and give it a blast at the weekend!

InfamousPotato says:

Even after all this time, the title image made me wish Red Dead Redemption had made it to PC…

Anyway, thanks for the humble update. It had style and flair.

• consolitis says:

While I’ve replayed the main story and the incredibly fun Undead Nightmare DLC several times, I accept my PS3 is eventually going to wear out and die, so the fun isn’t going to last. Why the hell they can’t just release the PC development version now the PS3/360 have been replaced by PS4/Xbone years ago I’ll never know, although I expect it was a private contract with Sony/Microsoft not to do that. A contract that’s probably still in effect until a specified date. Either that, or Rockstar are too busy to do it at the moment making “Red Dead 3”, which I hear “might” available on PC… fingers crossed. I hope so, since I’m never buying a PS4/Xbone even for Red Dead 3 and I know others who said they’re boycotting/skipping the current console gen too.

6. phelix says:

Get this bundle! It’s an awesome deal for including Gunslinger alone. Seriously, COJ Gunslinger cannot get recommended enough. And, er, Rayman is cool too!

7. fearandloathing says:

Played Gunslinger way back on a certain “ship” with black flags, enjoyed it quite a bit at the time. Is there an active multiplayer community for the game, so without matchmaking and preferably cheating problems, especially in European servers? Did the game even had multiplayer, I cannot recall.

• fearandloathing says:

Virtues of googling it, so the game is sp only, what a shame.

8. Josh W says:

To be grumpy to everyone, it’s not for $1, because it’s for “whatever you want at a minimum of $1”.

This bundle system relies on the desire of people buying games to pay a reasonable price for games, getting them cheap yes, but not the cheapest possible. The $1 thing is just for forcing the steam key farmers to actually give their credit details.

But having said that, it’s still super-DRM’d up, and I’m far more comfortable with steam than ubisoft’s version so for me it’s ends up being a 1 game bundle, which seems kind of ridiculous. I’ve got Grow Home in my steam wishlist and will get around to buying/playing it eventually.

• Boomerang says:

Get over it, Uplay is fine as a game delivery platform. Stop denying yourself the chance to play some great games.

• Jakob91 says:

I had to log-in to reply to this. I’ve got seven games on the Humble store with Uplay keys, never been able to activate anyone of them. Most of the time even Uplay isn’t able to start due to server problems apparently. Customer supports on the Uplay website? yeah it led to a “404 page not found” last time I checked. I managed to eventually find a support email to write them about my problems, never had an answer and it’s been three months now.
        Yeah a FINE delivery platform.. and that’s why so much people just love it with passion.

• Llewyn says:

Assuming you’re not exaggerating hugely to make a point, there has to be something else odd going on there. I also have those Humble uPlay games (as well as AC3 bought earlier elsewhere). All of them activated easily first-time and on the rare occasions I’ve wanted to play any of them the client has always started up (and then promptly updated, since it’ll have been a while) without issues.

uPlay certainly has issues – primarily the pointlessness of its whole existence – and Ubisoft’s inability to cope with major game launches is well-documented, but the problems you describe aren’t fundamental to the whole uPlay experience.

• fish99 says:

I’ve got about 25 games in my UPlay library now. Never had a problem launching a game, and never had a problem redeeming a code.

The only issue I’ve had is getting booted to the main menu in a few of the games that have the always online requirement (AC Syndicate, AC Black Flag and FC4), presumably when my internet or their servers had a brief issue.

Not really any worse than Steam though. I got booted to the main menu in Dark Souls 3 several times when Steam went down.

• thedosbox says:

IIRC, the steam version of Grow Home and Call of Juarez did not require Uplay.

John is correct about Grow Home being an excellent game.

• Lomaxx says:

That’s correct. I got this bundle the last time and playe COJ Gunslinger and Grow Home via Steam. I just never touched Rayman. Played the first one on PSX (1) though long ago.

So unless they changed anything, it’s two Steamgames in this bundle.

9. A Gentleman and a Taffer says:

Hmm, having already got Blacklist in a Humble Bundle, and Rayman Oranges and Far Cry 3 over the years, that leaves Grow Home as the only thing of interest here. It’s a dollar to charity and yet I just can’t stand buying another game I’ll never get round to playing. How did it come to this!?

10. misho8723 says:

CoJ Gunslinger was and still is one of my favorite games released in the last 10 years.. the shooting mechanics, sound design, the story and overall the writing, atmopshere, graphical style, the gun models and the power using them, voice acting, the arcade mode, etc. are all fantastic.. in 2013 only one game was a little bid better in my opinion (Metro LL), but anyway, everyone who likes western FPS games need to play that game.. like, right now

11. ilitarist says:

Was ready to buy then remembered what UPlay is.