Chockablock: Minecraft Revisited

By Jim Rossignol on August 10th, 2010 at 9:15 am.

Gadzooks, it’s been over a year since I first ranted about Minecraft, the epic blocky building game by Markus “Notch” Persson. Clearly it’s well overdue a revisit from us. And there’s much to catch up on, too – including a Portal mod – so join me below decks, and we’ll explore the niche this game is carving out for itself.

Minecraft is a building game based around worlds filled with millions of blocks. In the basic mode of the game you are a free-roaming chappie who can build or destroy blocks at will. As an objective-free sandbox building game it’s pretty impressive: you can choose from a large range of blocks, each with their own properties, and place them together to create extraordinarily complex constructs: spacecraft, floating islands, volcanoes, vast inverted skulls, barely coherent pink squiggles and green splats that rise up from the ocean like Cthulhu’s breakfast. Anything is possible, as long as it’s anything made of blocks. What’s more is that it’s possible in multiplayer, in your browser. Seriously, go take a look. Seeing people build, or even the vast, chaotic remnants of their building and counter-building, is a wondrous thing. The activity of pixel-architects, building for the love of it. If you’ve not already have nose at this particular phenomenon then you are missing out, if just because of the extraordinary 3D doodles that people make in the public game spaces. And if you have seen it, you should probably have a refresher, a Minecraft safari. Anyway, that jotter pad of block magic was pretty much just the first step, and since then game has been ballooning with new ideas, new features, and an entirely more feature-heavy “survival” mode.

The survival mode, which can be played offline, is about this: surviving. The world is hostile, and you need to make use of the resources it supplies to stay alive. I didn’t stay alive particularly long on my first adventure, dying in the first night, but my second was rather more fruitful, thanks to watching these video tutorials. The main thing to realise is that everything you need to survive is available in the world, but you will need to build and craft to get at it. Survival adds an inventory system and allows you to use the raw blocks you gather to create tools, which will enable you to gather other, previously inaccessible types of blocks. As you do this, you start to cement your stake on the world, and work toward your survival. It’s a gentle kind of escalation, and in terms of visuals and interface it’s rather… clunky.

But that’s okay, because it’s brimming with charm. From the occasional music to the sudden moments of vertiginous horror as you flee from death in the dark, it’s filled with splendid activity. Survival is governed by its day-night cycle. When it gets dark, it gets dangerous. Unlike the original sandbox, it’s not the griefing of other players you need to worry about, but the things which spawn in the world. You can kill these enemies, but only once you’ve made some weapons and armour. This means that the first few days of your game are spent gathering resources, while the nights are spent hiding in a cave, lit by torches you made during the day, crafting whatever else is in your inventory. Literally hiding in a niche. There’s some kind of metaphor about PC gaming here, isn’t there?

So yes, it’s worth doing a bit of running about outside at night, because otherwise you get bored, but also because it’s good to scare yourself. There will be a bunch of different monsters out there, and you might be able to kill them if you’re suitably equipped. You will only be equipped if, as I mentioned, you have explored, gathered, and crafted things at length before your encounter. What is most beautiful about Minecraft’s survival mode is this ability to explore a huge, cubic world. You’ll be hungry for resources – including the actual hunger for meat to heal your injuries – and you’ll find yourself roaming far and wide for deposits of interesting materials so that you can make more suitable equipment. A little experimentation comes in, too. Can I make armour out of what appears to be a cactus? The crafting system is a little opaque at the moment, but there’s a decent guide to the possible formula of items here, should you need some pointers. As things gel you upgrade your tools to upgrade your weapons, and then begin to do more than brick yourself up in a hole: you’ll survive battles with the most heinous of monsters which inhabit your randomly generated home. It’s a kind of generative 8-bit Lego Stalker, and that means I love it.

If you want more help getting started with the survival mode you could do worse than heading over here for the comprehensive help that the community has generated and compiled. It’s an extremely busy and helpful community, with a lot more inventiveness than I can easily chart in this brief post.

And there’s yet more in the future, too. The game is in an alpha state right now, with a low price for pre-ordering access to the full thing. Beta is on the horizon, which will bring optimisations and new features. There are already a bunch of maps, textures and other add-ons being imagined and developed by various clever community folks, and Notch himself is busily working on both a more advanced build of the core game, and on an “adventure mode” in which you will be doing less building and excavating, and more exploring a dungeon or landscape that has previously been constructed for you. Survival mode is entertaining for a few hours just as it is now, and I am keen to see what Notch and his army of builders will come up with soon. Speaking of which…

Here’s that Portal mod for Minecraft:

So I suppose the question is: should we have an RPS Minecraft server? We probably should. Time to make some investigations.

God, I really had to resist posting a link to the Chockablock theme tune somewhere in this post. Gillen would have killed me.

I digress. Go play Minecraft.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Batolemaeus says:

Remember Wurm? Comparing it to Minecraft is actually an interesting exercise. Especially the thing about spiders at night ambushing people. I was expecting bearsharks and fog to appear in Minecraft too.

When the multiplayer code has matured, I’d definitely play on an rps server. Multiplayer survival in a infinite map thingy would be awesome.

2. Jayt says:

Yes look into a server. Been playing survival for quite awhile, still chasing that diamond!

• jeremypeel says:

AWMAGAAAWD, a server please! I’d greatly enjoy such a thing. Would definitely give me the push I need to finally devote myself to Minecraft.

3. Jambe says:

I second the suggestion that folk go, and that they play.

Good, wholesome fun.

4. MD says:

should we have an RPS Minecraft server?
    Hmm, let me th-YES! Yes, you should :]

5. jeremypeel says:

Survival mode sounds really good! I was under the impression it was a sort of dungeon crawlery experience but that’s not the case at all. How difficult is it to get underway? Not Dwarf Fortress difficult I hope.

Also, that Chockablock theme is monstrous (but what a set!).

• Batolemaeus says:

It takes about 15 minutes to learn the bare basics. A few tries and some fooling around and it will be way past midnight while you’re building a giant castle with extensive dungeons.

• Marcin says:

It *can* be dungeon crawl like if that’s what you want to do. However, at some point you’re going to have to put some time into resource gathering to support your dungeon crawling :)

It also depends on the world you’ve generated, although they all seem to contain vast caverns that you’ll find … when you least expect it. I have a sky bridge, an underwater lair, a tower, and I still have an accidentally discovered cave network that I have feared to explore fully.

• Boldoran says:

The thing that does it for me is exploring. The game itself is currently rather light on actual objectives or gameplay. Survival mode is exactly that. Build a house gather resources and create your personal empire out of the things you find.

But really the world generator spits out very beautiful maps and playing this feels like the first days in a new mmo where everything is fresh and new. You never know what is behind the next hill or down in the cave. And as you boldly go where no man has gone before you can make the world your own, exploring further and further, building outposts and giant lighthouses so you can find your way back.

Really if you are into exploring this is worth the 10€ many times over.

6. Malawi Frontier Guard says:

Look at the financial success of this game. This is crazy (but absolutely deserved).

7. Nallen says:

I bumped in to this on YouTube and was somewhat confused. Gave me a Dwarf Fortress vibe, I expect because of the graphics. Could be fun to tinker with, although I don’t really follow the point of adventure mode…can’t I just play Oblivion? ;)

• Jim Rossignol says:

I am presuming adventure mode is aimed at the ingenuity of player-made levels. Getting people to play through the intricate constructions of their peers.

• tome says:

This idea of exploring an old player-created kingdom might indeed be a nod to Dwarf Fortress, I think. Notch himself has said DF inspired him, to some degree, with Minecraft.

8. Dzamir says:

YEEESS! :D
    I want a RPS survival server :D

9. nichevo says:

I was introduced to this recently and am loving it.

Survival is great fun, and will be more-so when it becomes properly multiplayer. It just needs a kick so there’s challenge after you’ve set up and built a basic headquarters. Personally, I think some sort of mission(s) to encourage long-distance wandering would be the best bet. I’m sure such a thing is on the cards.

• Batolemaeus says:

Missions would be rather un-notch.
      However, rare resources or nethack-esque random rooms/encounters would definitely fit very well into Minecraft.

• JohnG says:

There are random rooms underground, with monster spawning objects, and sometimes chests with goodies in.

• YogSo says:

“What people may not realise is the extent of the generated world. I’ve seen forested valleys, towering rock cliffs with cascading waterfalls, sandy beaches, archipelagos. And then underground there are caverns — claustrophobic ones, large ones, dangerous vertical shaft ones, not to mention streams of water and lava. And all this goes on and on and on and on.”

In case your enthusiastic words weren’t enough to convince the skeptics out there:

Minecraft Flight.

10. Hippo says:

“Survival mode is entertaining for a few hours just as it is now”

Haha, understatement of the year.

• Marcin says:

Yeah, this is pretty good. I’ve gotten more entertainment out of this mere “alpha” than many full price AAA games, and there’s no sign of stopping. I’d estimate ~50hrs at this point.

• JWill says:

Indeed. I’ve been playing it since March. Definitely more than 200 hours by now.

An RPS server would be excellent once most of the major server bugs are fixed. The problem with the minecraft community is that there are a lot of very stupid people who think it’s fun to destroy everything others have created. (http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Griefing)

I’d love to play on a server with its own excellent community, and RPS definitely has that.

11. Mr. Hurr Durr says:

You’re talking about pixel-architects when you should be talking about voxel-architects.

12. Heliocentric says:

I feel so sorry for this guy, indie games don’t make any money. Its a good job he’s going to sell his game for $20 because if you try and sell games for less and people wont buy it.

• Wilson says:

@Helio – Can you clarify if you’re being sarcastic there? I assume you are, but it’s hard to tell on the internet.

• Wilson says:

@Helio – Because he’s done well out of the game so far. Are you making a point against indie games costing $20 or against the idea that indie games are not able to make money?

• Heliocentric says:

54,000 sales and rising, most of which at $10 (with the threat of future price rises i admit). So half a million usd for a one man project. And its still selling.

Would most triple A games sell that well without marketing?

• Heliocentric says:

I am talking about indie games doing well and also sneering at the indie games which ask for $20 until long after all hype is gone and then end up for sale for $5 or crammed into a bundle where they will be lucky if they see a whole dollar per sale. Or worse languish at $20 and only get any market penetration among pirates who will never pay.

• Flobulon says:

@Helio – Assumed it was a dig at cliffski and the like. But yeah, Notch must be rolling in it by now – it’s 10 euro’s too, which if I’m not wrong is about twelve dollars.
      That said, MInecraft isn’t just any old game, and it thrives on a dedicated community, which is is a good substitute for any sort of advertising. Not all indie games can claim to have the same.

• Wilson says:

Yeah, it’ll be interesting to see what happens when he increases the price and what happens with sales then. Of course there will be loads of other variables to consider, but it’ll still be interesting.

13. Flobulon says:

Was just thinking and the same thing – I bought the game on Saturday and have barely slept since.
    My waking hours are spent constructing vast minecart rail systems and water streams to better serve my already sprawling mine.

I can’t remember ever being so utterly enthralled by a game. And guess what people, I’m playing on peaceful! I’ve yet to dare to encounter the monsters until I’ve built up my base some.

Anyway, here are a couple of interesting threads which highlight some of the ingenious mechanisms people have made so far by exploiting certain “glitches”:

Hopefully I don’t get spam-filtered for that…

• Clovis says:

It’s almost not Survival mode without the moan of zombies echoing through the caves, or the sudden TWANG! of a skeleton getting the jump on you with his bow.

Or, of course, early in the day when you think your safe, the worst sound of all: “SHHHHHHHH” “OH CRAP!!!” “BOOOSH!!!!”

14. mlaskus says:

I don’t know if there is a suggestion thread for stuff to be covered by the hivemind. So I would like to politely demand from you, while threatening you with bodily harm, coverage of what Arcen Games is doing with AI War now.

They just started a beta of their new expansion Children of Neinzul, which you can now preorder(and play) for 4$ and all revenues will go to the Child’s Play charity.

15. Carra says:

Saw it linked on the TF2 blog a few days ago. Got me interested but putting down $20 for an alpha version? I’ll just wait for the full release and the inevitable bargain price (or pay what you want these days).

• Clovis says:

My immediate reaction to this was, “But, hey, Notch is such a totally cool guy. You should support these small independent developers with a few extra bucks, Mr. Cheapo. If a developer can’t make a few bucks on such a cool project, then PC gaming really is headed in a bad direction.” But then I remembered how many units Notch has sold, so, yeah, screw that rich bastard!

Heh, you should watch a video interview of Notch. You won’t be able to resist his puppy-dog like charms, and will have to buy the game then.

• Linus Sjögren says:

Actually, it’s 10€ for the alpha version.

• Dominic White says:

To elaborate, it’s 10 euros in Alpha (the current phase).

Once survival multiplayer is solid and up to speed with singleplayer, it’ll go into Beta phase, and the price will go up to 15 euros. This will likely happen in the next couple of months, so buy now if you want it cheap.

Several months after that, once Notch is finally satisfied with the featureset enough to call it V1.0, it’ll go up to 20 euros and stay there. By that point there should be a lot more enemy types, resource types, tools and things to do in general, so should easily be worth the money.

• cs says:

If Notch decided to ditch programming tomorrow and never write another line of code, the game would still easily be worth twice as much as he’s charging. You get this almost infinite sandbox for exploring, exploiting, and building increasingly absurd things, from simple things like a skyscraper which goes above the clouds to building complex logic circuits. A First Person Lego Set.

But since he is still developing, one of the fun things is the constant updates. Almost every week there’s the “Secret Friday Update”, where Notch throws in new features without actually telling anyone what they are. It’s rather fun trying to figure out what’s new and what can be done with the new items like the strange new plants now found around the coast.

So this would be a completely worthwhile purchase. Don’t let the word ‘alpha’ scare you off.

• megalomania says:

It’s well worth the money. Don’t let the “alpha” fool you. Notch is that Dwarf Fortress/Mount&Blade-style indie development model where the game gets stable alpha/beta releases for years before it hits a nominal 1.0. It’s alpha because there are many more features planned, not because it’s buggy or missing anything crucial.

• Matzerath says:

I think in the case of Minecraft, you might be in for a very long (infinite?) wait for a ‘bargain price’. The Minecraft sale is happening right now, with the Alpha. The game’s already insane popularity suggests there won’t be need for a sale for a very long time, if ever.

16. Hogofwar says:

Why do you say the alpha is $20? The full games is 20 euros and the current alpha version is only $13 so I really don’t know how you got $20.

17. Dominic White says:

I find it strange that there’s barely any mention that, in later versions of Minecraft Survival, it will generate an entire UNDERWORLD for you to explore. One time I spent four hours and over 200 torches on an enormous spelunking adventure in a single cave-network that I found the entrance to right on the surface. It took me the better part of half an hour just to find my way back to the surface – not because I ran out of caves to explore, but because I ran out of wood to make into torches.

Oh god, so many monters down there. So much treasure. So much iron and redstone. So many subterranean waterfalls and lava lakes!

The latest few versions have let the world generator go even crazier – some impossible fantasy cliff formations to be found, and even some outright aerial floating islands to try and clamber your way up onto somehow. Notch has even mentioned that he wants to make floating islands part of the core gameplay, as they’ll held up by veins of magical gravity-defying ore. If you mine all of it out? Well, gravity suddenly kicks in.

Unless Notch somehow gets bored (unlikely, unless he gets bored of being VERY RICH) of Minecraft, it will continue to be fantastic well into the future.

• Clovis says:

I’m always surprised at how exploring the caves just never gets old. I never seem to understand the importance of changes when I hear them. Oh, he can now spawn water and lava in the caves, meh. And then in the game I bust through a wall to discover a huge cave with water and lava falling next each other with an obsidian floor. Wow! Oh, and diamonds! Finding your way back to the surface is always fun too.

I really like how sand temporarily defies gravity in the caves right now. I have a cave on one of my maps with a mostly sand ceiling. Above that ceiling is an ocean. After I finish mining it I can’t wait to give that sand a little nudge to create a huge cave-in + flood. I really like the idea of having to avoid cave-ins.

18. Caiman says:

I’m having a hard time deciding whether to play Starcraft 2 or Minecraft, it’s that good. In fact, when I first launched the game, turned around on the hillside where I spawned and saw this stunningly blocky vista spread out before me with cows, ducks and pigs wandering around in, this feeling of elation at buying a completely awesome game hit me – something I haven’t experienced for decades. It’s like I was 15 again. I’ve spent days so far just exploring caverns, it’s stunning.

• DD says:

I’m gona repeat the above statement aswell. I’ve been waiting for starcraft 2 for twelve years and can’t imagine any game that would pull me away from it. But minecraft does and with amazing style.

19. John Peat says:

According to his site he’s sold 54000 Alpha copies – that seems AWFULLY high but if true, should ensure he can finish it (whilst wearing gold-plated slippers!!)?? :)

• Dominic White says:

That number sounds high, but it’s true. When Valve plugged the game on their TF2 blog (and it was a very large, very detailed plug), he sold over 1.5k copies in under 24 hours.

15,000 euros in a day. That is a LOT of money.

• omicron says:

@Dominic: He’s been selling about 1.5k copies daily since that time. It’s currently at 1356 copies in the last 24 hours, and shows no signs of dropping off.

20. Lim-Dul says:

Shameless plug!

SpecialAttack.net Survival server (with gameplay-enhancing mods): 85.17.102.2
    SpecialAttack.net Freebuild server (one of the most popular ones out there!): http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?server=e39f11c6845a035bf823d0e6fdee7955

Currently Survival Multiplayer is very buggy and leaky. We had our server bug out due to running out of RAM even though the VMWare host had 7GB assigned to it – I mean due to a combination of various Minecraft servers together and a large influx of players at once.

21. ChampionHyena says:

I’ve been desperately trying to purchase this game inasmuch as it seems to hinge on a gameplay format on which I thrive, but Notch insists on being paid via PayPal and PayPal insists on summarily kicking me in the ‘nads. I am at an impasse.

22. Luke_Allstar says:

a minecraft survival server would be awesome!
    go for it

23. Will says:

Please yes! I don’t have anywhere to play survival multiplayer because I’m not really part of a community that plays it.. So an RPS server would be fantastic.

24. Chris says:

I’ve seen this before, but just watched the tutorial and thought I had to buy it :) (I hope it runs better on my PC at home though :S)

Just seen the following stat…

In the last 24 hours, 3578 people registered, and 1326 people bought the game.

That’s pretty good going!

25. RogB says:

RPS survival server would be ace, but only with careful admins and trusted players. I have no interest in playing on a public servers filled with griefers, or griefer supporters who insist ‘griefeing is part of the survival game, as you have to deal with intelligent humans’. No, thats bollocks.

26. Koozer says:

I never really clicked with Minecraft, it felt like Dwarf Fortress but with more manual labour and less kitten burning. Call me crazy but I think DF’s graphics and scope for monstrous creations are better too.

Actually, can you get flowing water, waterwheels, cogs etc. in Minecraft..? I may be tempted to give it another go.

• Schaulustiger says:

There is still a lack of mechanical and/or interactive parts in Minecraft, but it’s still heavily in development and there should eventually be such stuff in the game. At least I hope so, because some of the water physics cry out to be used for huge machines.

On the actual game: I soooo love it. It’s easily the best purchase this year for me. Dwarf Fortress never really clicked for me, because of the… erm, functional graphical representation of stuff you build. In Minecraft I occasionally just stay still, look at what I built and think “Wow… this looks gorgeous.” That’s where I get my motivation from.

• Clovis says:

Notch is definitely moving in the direction of more traps and machinations. You can now create redstone circuits to open doors and such. There are pressure plates, levers, and switches. There are tracks and powered minecarts. So far you can’t do anything really spectacular with these, but it is clear that in the future you will be able to.

Right now you can definitely create a simple “mob steps on pressure plate -> drop TNT on him”. The problem is that TNT is currently only available as a drop from the creepers. I’m pretty sure someone created a simple computer using water and sand doors. I think the redstone circuits can do that as well.

However, I don’t think minecraft will ever really be a 3d first person dwarf fortress.

27. Cael says:

8-bit Lego Stalker pretty much sums it up

28. Lucas says:

“generative 8-bit Lego Stalker” … head explodes.

Wow. Now I have to try this.

29. Kits says:

Went and bought it after reading this, this morning and spent a few hours building myself a little house in a cliff with a vast mining network underneath it. But couldn’t for the life of me find any iron anywhere, which kinda kicked me in the teeth. The only thing it could really use is some form of map. Way too easy to lose your ‘home’ while you’re off exploring.

• Dominic White says:

Draw your own map, and place markers/landmarks to help you find your way. I make a point of building a well lit, extra-tall tower at the center of my established territory so that even at night, I should be able to find my way back to it.

• JB says:

I use hilltop beacons above ground to direct me home, and signs/torch placement when underground.

A map would be helpful, but I kind of enjoy it being a bit more hard work as it is =)

• Kits says:

I feel a bit daft that that didn’t occur to me. Had light shining through my windows and around my walls, but being surrounded by mountains it was easy to overlook. Fingers crossed that should make my life easier.

• Marcin says:

Here’s Cartographer. Windows only, but it worked on my snow map. Might help in getting your bearings :)

30. Bassism says:

Sigh. You guys just had to rub it in, eh…
    I went and bought it yesterday on a whim, then realized that paypal is currently forcing me to pay everything in echeques, which means I need to wait an unspecified number of days to play :(

Though, I suppose it’s kind of like maybe ordering a game, and waiting for it to arrive. I’m so unused to waiting!

But yeah. I whoelheartedly support an RPS server. Do it.

31. laikapants says:

Minecraft is the greatest thing I’ve played all year. Its been really fun watch it evolve over the last 5 months. So thanks RPS for putting it into my field of vision and thanks to Notch for being extra awesome.

And RPS server would be so many kinds of amazing.

32. Marco Antonio says:

great article. I have preordered the game just few day ago, 9,95 euros. Now I’m waiting to play the beta version at least, and great interest for “adventure play”. Great idea anyway, I am happy that community have respond(50.000 and more prepurchaser, it’s a record I presume)

33. airtekh says:

I will add my voice to the throng demanding ‘We want a multiplayer server!’

34. Count Elmdor says:

I’ve been playing this for a couple of weeks, and it’s deviously enchanting. I find it’s less game (as defined by rules) and more giant sandbox.

35. Bacu says:

Notch was part of the team that started Wurm, you know.

36. oceanclub says:

Dag nab it; I promised myself I wasn’t going to buy any more games this month, but the overwhelming love here – and the thought that the game would go up in price – forced my hand.

P.

37. Bob Bobson says:

Don’t go pimping Minecraft now, I’ve just gone premium in Wurm! If and when I need a break from Wurm I now know where to look…

38. anonymous says:

Get someone else who doesn’t have paypal issues to buy the game and gift it to you, then just pay them in cash.

39. sinister agent says:

Damn it, now RPS are taunting me with this game I want to play, that lots of fun people have just started playing, but that won’t work for me. Dastards!

40. Casimir's Blake says:

I caved, bought it, barely starting out but really liking where this is going. Dungeon craft-crawling online is the sort of gameplay I’ve been looking for…

However! I’d recommend everyone who likes to play multiplayer pick up this unofficial persister app which you run instead of the main Minecraft EXE, so you can save your inventory. I hope this gets added in a more permanent way in future, but for now, this works!

41. Vinraith says:

I bought it a few weeks ago, largely on the strength of recommendations here on RPS, and have been greatly enjoying the single player. I’m sure it will be fun in co-op on a closed server, as well, once the option stabilizes.

42. geldonyetich says:

Though the game is very simple – basically just a tile-based game in 3D where the players are allowed to freely manipulate the tiles – it is quite remarkable just how real the world feels. Perhaps it’s due to the simplicity alone that the game is capable of showing some of the staggeringly detailed breathtaking sights it has.

And this is just from watching some gameplay videos of it. I really aught to give it a spin some day.

43. Bob says:

You forgot to mention the maps are infinite. Infinite first person 8bit maps in JAVA!!!

44. Jubaal says:

I have to add my voice to the many that picked this up recently and is really enjoying it. I’m looking forward to the day/night cycles and mobs in multiplayer. That is when the true fun shall commence…..

45. scharmers says:

This guy deserves my $13.50 and he just got it.

46. ying says:

Do you heart the [URL=http://www.shoppinglouisvuitton.com]Louis Vuitton[/URL] handbags before? It is a very welcome line today, and it well-like by famous people. It is also a popular product by the west countries. We can see that its pattern is unique, and it is limited production. If you like our [URL=http://www.shoppinglouisvuitton.com]LV[/URL] handbags, especially the [URL=http://www.replicahandbagscom.com]Replica Handbags[/URL] that you are prefer to own, please contract us as soon as possible.

47. Travis says:

I’d like for him to ditch the 3×3 grid for a recipe book or somesuch of crafting things. It’s silly to keep the craftpedia page open and switch back and forth.

Comment on this story