Poly(theist) Thriller: More Godly Reus Footage

By Craig Pearson on March 15th, 2013 at 8:00 pm.

Previous adventures in Reus coverage have given Jim and I lots to be excited about, alongside a smidgeon of confusion. The striking god game’s more delicate mechanics aren’t immediately apparent. Big things make the world, yes, but then what happens? Well Dutch developers Abbey Games are doing a series of looks at just how well a giant crab, a wooden monster, and a sad looking bi-pedal mountain can rule. It’s all becoming much more apparent.

God games mean stats, so we finally get to see some numbers on show here. While it’s possible to magic foodstuffs for the hungry subjects, spamming blueberries is a slow and ineffective method to help them grow. Better to nudge the whole ecosystem along: the symbioseseseseses between animals and plants will help, so bring chickens into the area and having them feed and grow bigger will provide you more foods. More animals will have different effects on the lands. Observe!

It looks like it’ll be the second, more handsome half of 2013 before you can get your gods on.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. MrWolf says:

This game will only be complete when it requires an always-on connection to EA. You know, for computertations.

• scatterlogical says:

And microtransactions. Coz gamers LOVE microtransactions.

But seriously – they can’t make a game like this without server-side calcumalations, it’s just not technically possible. It’s for the social features, see…

• Roger-McCarter says:

my friend’s mom makes $76/hr on the internet. She has been without a job for 6 months but last month her check was $19825 just working on the internet for a few hours. Here’s the site to read more… http://zapit.nu/31b

• scatterlogical says:

Wow, sounds like another exciting enterprise for EA.

• Dances to Podcasts says:

Considering the number of comments the articles on this game attract, maybe they should do something like that…

2. Hoaxfish says:

I do kinda want a game where you get to be the god of blueberries, chickens and foxes… and nothing else.

• Quickpull says:

I want to play an MMO where every player is the god of some minor thing. Maybe your power in the game corresponds to how important the thing your a god of is. Kind of like the book American Gods.

• MiloticMaster says:

This needs to be made. I call ‘The God Of Writing Utensils’.

3. konrad_ha says:

This is the next generation of God-games I want to play, not Molyneux’s poor-man’s Populus for mobile devices.

• Mctittles says:

One of my most anticipated titles. Really liking the style.

Yea, I forgot all about Godus after seeing their “tech demo”.

4. JonClaw says:

And just like that, Reus is a lot more intriguing now.

5. Hordriss says:

This looks amazing – I did kickstart Godus but this looks vastly more entertaining.

6. Ricochet64 says:

To be honest, I’m not seeing the allure of Reus yet. The options seem too linear and centered on a single goal for my tastes. I’m fine if everyone else enjoys it, though.

7. carol391 says:

Its definitely the most-financially rewarding Ive ever done. Make money with Google. last monday I got a new Alfa Romeo from bringing in $7778. I started this 9-months ago and practically straight away started making more than $83… per hour. I work through this link, GoogleJobs.com