Hole In Everything: New Dangerous Golf Trailer

As someone who probably wasn’t Mark Twain once said, golf is a good walk spoiled. But what else could you spoil using golf? According to one new Dangerous Golf [official site] trailer, the answer is “Kitchens!”

Dangerous Golf, as you can probably work out, is an arcadey destruct-o-sports thing with a number of indoor courses, and it’s made by former members of Burnout devs Criterion. You use the power of balls and sticks and explosions to wreak havoc and, in doing so, rack up high scores. I think the basic idea is still to ultimately get a ball into a hole but smashing crockery and so forth is where you earn those high scores.The blurb informs me that destruction is not just limited to kitchens, though, You could use the power of golf to ruin a gas station or a castle or even a palace.

I’m not sure what the difference is between a castle and a palace – I assume it’s something to do with a castle generally being fortified and a palace being a fancy enormous house/status building which probably isn’t expecting a siege, but I’m just going to look it up so I know what I’m destroying.

Hmm. Looks like mine is a version of the broadly accepted difference but there’s a lot of wiggle room and ambiguity. Well. The good news is that it won’t matter when Dangerous Golf arrives on June 3rd. All will be rubble. Rubble and bubbles:

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. squirrelrampage says:

I want to play this in VR so badly…

DelrueOfDetroit says:

Dinosaur Jr had better be in the soundtrack.

That’s about all I have to say about that.

• bit.bat says:

Well that goes without saying, Dinosaur Jr. should be in everything.

3. lglethal says:

I believe it was Winston Churchill who said “Golf – the best way to spoil a good walk!”. Mind you any quote thats quite witty and british is usually attributed to him.

My favourite has to be, when confronted by an angry woman on the steps of parliament:
    Angry Woman: “Winston Churchill, if you were my husband I would poison your tea!”
    Winston: “Madam, if I was your husband, I would drink that tea!”

Or my other favourite:
    Angry Woman: ” Winston Churchill, you’re drunk and you’re a disgrace!”
    Winston: ” Yes Madam, I’m drunk. And you’re ugly. And in the morning I shall be sober, but you will still be ugly.”

• tormos says:

both of the “angry women” here were Nancy Astor, who was also the first female MP in the house of commons (and was famous for her acerbic interactions with churchill, as she was an anti alcohol advocate and he was famous for his drinking).

Incidentally my favorite (almost certainly apocryphal) churchill exchange is as follows:
      AIDE: Prime minister, one of the backbench Liberal MPs was caught by the press last night performing an indecent act with a guardsman on Hampstead Heath
      Churchill: Last night was the coldest February night in 30 years!
      Aide: yes…
      Churchill: Makes you proud to be british!

caff says:

I’d never realised how much I wanted to hit a fiery golfball around a kitchen until now.

5. snowgim says:

I’m actually quite disappointed that you don’t get to swing a club. Seems more like Dangerous Snooker to me.

6. headless97 says:

I love Criterion and the Burnout series (and their slightly forgotten shooter with the inspired name). They really did a lot to revolutionize soft-body modeling for destruction and particle effects.

7. madve2 says:

Seems to be a faithful recreation of Burnout 3’s crash mode (except your car is now a golf ball and innocent traffic is replaced with expensive items), even the UI is similar in several places. Which is great – crash mode was my favorite part from said game and I still think to this day that it was the best party game ever. Dangerous Golf might be a great successor at that!

8. philosoaper says:

as far as I can tell this is basically the PS3 “Pain” game.. but with golf instead.. which is great because I rather enjoyed Pain a lot.. link to youtube.com