Dishonored Gets Comic & Novel Tie-Ins, First Due August

Dishonored 2 [official site] won’t be with us until November, however that doesn’t mean we can’t catch up with supernatural assassins Corvo Attano and Emily Kaldwin before then. Bethesda have announced comic and novel tie-ins to launch this summer, see, set in the Dishonored universe and taking place between the events of the original and the incoming sequel. The first issue of the proposed four-part comic series kicks off in August.

While game number two takes place 15 years after the events of Dishonored, the comic series will visit Corvo 12 years after his first trip to Dunwall as he searches for an apprentice. Written by Gordon Rennie, with artwork from Andrea Olimpieri and Marcelo Maiolo, issue one will arrive on August 3, with two more in September and a concluding edition in October. The collection will then be pulled together in one graphic novel in time for Dishonored 2’s November 11 release. The full run is as follows:

Issue 1 – August 3, 2016
Issue 2 – September 7, 2016
Issue 3 – September 28, 2016
Issue 4 – October 19, 2016
Graphic Novel Collection – November 29, 2016

And if that’s not enough for you, a three-part novel series penned by Adam Christopher is set to run in September – the first of which is named Dishonored – The Corroded Man. This series “bridges the gap between the first and second game”, say Bethesda, with books two and three continuing the story at some point in 2017.

We’ve not been fed an inordinate amount of information so far regarding Corvo and Emily Kaldwin’s latest Dunwall adventure, however Bethesda say they’ll show more at E3 in June. That said, if you’re interested in learning a wee bit more about the game’s new abilities, you should head over here.

Dishonored 2 is due for release on November 11. Until then, here’s a glance at the comic’s issue one front cover:

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. dethtoll says:

I wonder if the new Deus Ex will be doing tie-in stuff. I know DXHR did.

• welverin says:

Yes, a comic already started and they had tie-in books for the last one, so I’d imagined they do so again for the new game.

• Deano2099 says:

Yup, Deus Ex Black Light, by James Swallow. Out the same day as the game – written by the author of the Human Revolution tie-in book, who is also one of the writers on the game.

2. Kollega says:

The comic miniseries looks genuinely tempting, since I’m a huge fan of Dishonored’s worldbuilding – but sadly, acquring it, even in our age of global e-commerce, may be tough. Sometimes, I really hate living in Central Asia.

• FreshHands says:

Lucky you!

I would be willing to supply you with the comic industry’s freshest fruits for only a marginal expense allowance.

Now even shipping to Ulaanbataar!

• welverin says:

Titan Comics is the publisher and their books are on Comixology. Their other licensed books are there, so this one should be as well. It also looks like they sell directly from their own site as well, other is a payment option so you can try that as well.

So, you just need to figure out if they’ll let you buy from them. Keep in mind Comixology is now part of Amazon, in case that has any impact for you.

• FreshHands says:

Oh man, thanks for that!

I mean, of course there would be something like that online somewhere, but I didn’t know it until now.

Phantastique. My wallet is not so amused, however.

3. Anthile says:

This could be good or bad.

4. Pazguato says:

The world was outstanding but the story lacked good writing, coherence and consistency. I hope they fix that in the next game. Maybe these comics and novels could help.

5. Turkey says:

Comics are already expensive enough as they are. I don’t want to spend any money on tie-in trash when there are genuinely good original series out there.

6. smisk says:

I don’t think I’ve ever read a game tie-in comic or novel, but these look kind of tempting given how well they fleshed out Dishonored’s world in the first game. Definitely will keep an eye on these.

7. Uninteresting Curse File Implement says:

Can’t wait to read how someone got drunk on Dunwall Whiskey ™, ate a fried Hagfish ™ and went to the Golden Cat ™. Oh and also natural philosopher Sokolov ™ visited somewhere I guess.
    Dishonoured’s world felt so tiny, the writers did NO justice to the setting’s potential.

8. Aveline says:

That’s nice I suppose, but I want a prequel movie about how Corvo became Lord Protector. Santiago Cabrera would be Corvo and it would be titled … wait for it … ‘Honored’. Make. It. Happen. Hollywood!