Mafia III PC System Requirements Announced

Arkham Fright: Spiteful Ian Bros. ORDERED Devs To Create MORE Bugs

Milohh No: Molyneux Trapped REAL CHILD In Xbox

Illubinati: Ian Ubisoft Turns EVERYTHING YOU LOVE Into Assassin’s Creed

Those are the sorts of (untrue, I should stress) sensational headlines some games writers long for: sexy headlines of danger, mystery, and excitement. They’d be a lark, sure, but I’m still happy telling you something helpful and maybe giving you a wee smile then being on my way with a twinkle in my eye. So here, 2K have announced the PC system requirements for Mafia III [official site]. Perhaps you’ll find that info useful.

The specs are not sensational. They don’t confirm deep, dark secrets you’ve suspected all along. I hope you don’t find them sexy. But they are useful, now that the new console generation boosting the prettiness of multiplatform games means we can’t broadly assume that a PC built any time in the past six years will run everything just fine. So here, the specs for Hangar 13’s open-world crime simulator:

OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 64-bit
AMD GPU: Radeon HD7870 / NVIDIA GPU: GeForce GTX 660
HD: 50GB (free space)

OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 64-bit
INTEL CPU: I7-3770
AMD CPU: AMD FX 8350 4.0 Ghz
AMD GPU: Radeon R9 290X / NVIDIA GPU: GeForce GTX 780 or GeForce GTX 1060
HD: 50GB (free space)

Mafia III is due October 7th on Steam.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

yhancik says:

Aw damn, the number of games that don’t support my GPU is increasing :(

yhancik says:

(although that shouldn’t bother me that much, considered The Backlog)

• SenorRoboto says:

System requirements isn’t the same as being unsupported!

• jargon says:

Yeah I take these minimum requirements with a grain of salt these days. This is basically the same requirements as for Mad Max and I’m running that on High@1080p with a Radeon 7850 and getting between 50 and 60 fps… seems the only way to know is to try it out.

yhancik says:

So “minimum requirement” isn’t actually a “minimum requirement”? That doesn’t make sense.

And yeah, I wouldn’t expect that much differences between at 7870 and a 7850… but I’m just a Radeon generation below…

I wish they listed “supported GPUs” instead of giving us a “minimum” and let us guess if your card will work (especially when they’re only listing a nVidia GPU with no Radeon equivalent)

• Severion says:

It really does. If you get the game and it doesn’t work and go to create a ticket. They aren’t going to support you at all.

2. pack.wolf says:

It’s not polite to use the B-word. Vintage Gaming Selection, Future Favorite Title Assortment, or even Steam Sale Deal Collection are the acceptable terms.

3. dangermouse76 says:

GTX 660 owner here just scraping in there. My mobo and cpu ( i5 760 ) are beyond any reasonable upgrade path now. It’s a system replacement I’ll be going next time round.
    Although I there is an i7 870 I think going for £40 near me just now.

• Calculon says:

Interestingly enough – Intel and AMD are no longer ‘supporting’ anything other than Windows 10 on their latest processor line – Kaby Lake. Words to the wise y0

link to

• dangermouse76 says:

Yeah saw that. Thankfully I am all about the 10.

• Optimaximal says:

Not if you got the upgrade for free – that ‘digital entitlement’ will be for your current motherboard BIOS – I don’t think MS will let it transfer between builds.

• dangermouse76 says:

oh is that what he’s means sorry. I not bothered about that.

• dangermouse76 says:

Ah wait, that means purchasing windows 10 just for the i7 upgrade to my i5 760.Sorry late here didn’t catch what you were both getting at. Yeah that would suck.

That is what your on about, isn’t it ?

• SanguineAngel says:

nah, they definitely do but you might have to get them to re-activate it. I did it recently myself

phuzz says:

Eh, that’s partially correct. The new low-power states of the processors require some re-writing at low levels of the OS in order to support them fully.
        So the new CPU will work just fine with Win 7, but it will use less power if you use an up to date OS like Win 10 or linux with a kernel version newer than about 4.5.
        The onboard graphics might not get updated drivers for older OS’s either.

• Carra says:

Updated my gpu from 670 to 1060. uns everything fine now. Cpu is my old i5 3570.

• dangermouse76 says:

Glad to hear it. Although that i5 760 is a little way behind even your CPU. First gen i5 ?
        I’m looking around Christmas for a skylake i5 6500 / GTX 1060-RX480 level of build. But I’m still in the ring. I get 45-60 running Fallout 4 on high with textures on ultra plus some other tweaks.

4. renzollama says:

GeForce GTX 780 or GeForce GTX 1060

This seems odd to me. Either list a single benchmark gpu or list every gpu capable of running it under “recommended” settings. I could look at this and think “oh shit, I won’t be able to run it well on my GTX 970.”

5. aircool says:

GeForce GTX 780 or GeForce GTX 1060

I have a GTX 970… does… does that mean that I can’t play?

• eqzitara says:

Im not sure if you kidding or not but…

Your fine if what they list is true. Probably can 1080P and Medium settings with a few things turned up.

• Unclepauly says:

Considering a 970 is roughly 15-20% slower than those cards but highly overclockable up to roughly 2% slower than those cards, yes.

6. fish99 says:

No because that’s recommended not minimum, and doubly no because a 970 is faster than a 780 in most games.

7. icarussc says:

Alice, Alice, Alice … you are a lovely person.

8. All is Well says:

So the i5 2500K is the minimum required, but the recommended CPU is an i7 3770? Unless the game utilizes threading really well, isn’t the difference between those two negligible?

• gunny1993 says:

Possibly they’re talking about the base/boost clocks, i5 goes up to 3.7 i7 to 3.9, so yeah; although if you’re just relying on boost clock on sandy bridge then you’re probably the type of person who drives at 10 mph under the speed limit.

Comment on this story