RPS Talk-o-Tron Talkback-o-Tron #3
When a news story falls through the cracks, our own forum is there to catch it. So, once again, here's a few recent high points, flashpoints and point-counterpoints from the burgeoning Rock, Paper, Shotgun Talk-o-Tron: a place where men go to talk about games and piracy. Not necessarily in that order.
- A bunch of good folk embark on a reassessment of Deus Ex 2, a game which Kieron famously scored 1,999,993% a few years ago. Does the troubled sequel really deserve all that bitter backlash?
- A Nick Hornby novel made flesh - everyone proffers their lists of ten titles every PC gamer should play. Surprisingly little love for Plumbers Don't Wear Ties.
- The Eidos/Tomb Raider review scandalette is highlighted and discussed. It's not something we've yet weighed in our ourselves because, well, we're incredibly lazy. And frankly we fancied a bit of a break from great rage after all that World of Goo piracy stuff.
- What is it that makes you finally stop playing an open-world game? Or, what's the likely conclusion to a game without a conclusion?
- Jim ran a revealing interview with the president of the controversial/ineffectual PC Gaming Alliance earlier this week: but what should this Frankenstein organisation actually do?
- The final fantasy: what would your dream game be? There's an awful lot of words in this thread, and it's interesting to see the trending as well as the individual ideas.
- Riddle me this.