How much do you think you'd pay for Star Wars: The Old Republic? Signs point toward BioWare/EA opting for an old-school subscription model, as well as charging for a boxed copy of the game to start - so very 2007. So, perhaps £30 for the game and £8-£10 a month thereafter? You'd be happy with that? Well, some rumours revealed by NeoGAF, as posted on BetaCake, seem to suggest you could opt to pay an awful lot more for a special edition. A special edition with an awful lot of stuff.
This all comes from a pre-order deal posted on a Polish online store, that has since been removed. So it could all be an elaborate hoax. Historically, that rarely proves to be the case, so there's reason to think this could be representative of something BioWare may reveal at ComicCon.
Here are the details from that image:
Limited Collector's Edition Inclues:
- Exclusive Gentle Giant Darth Malgus statue
- Star Wars: The Old Republic game discs in collectable metal case
- The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural annotated by Satele Shan
- Old Republic galaxy map
- Custom Security Authentication Key
- Exclusive Music of Star Wars: The Old Republic CD
- High-quality collector's edition box
Includes 7 Additional Digital Items
- Flare Gun: Fire flares into the air
- Training Droid: Hovers at your side for combat assistance
HoloDancer: Project your own holographic dancer
HoloCam: Keep visual records of in-game adventures
STAP: Sleek and unique in-game vehicle
Exclusive Mouse Droid: Spunky droid to join your adventures
Exclusive Collector's Edition store: Unique in-game vendor with a dynamic assortment of items
I dread to think what a "spunky mouse droid" is, and why you'd want it to join your adventures.
There's no word whether this is real just yet. My guess is that EA will not comment until their planned reveal at ComicCon at the end of this week.
Cheers to Eurogamer.