Diablo's Auriel Coming To Heroes Of The Storm In August
Welcome to the Nexus
Auriel's time has come, as she officially makes her debut in Heroes of the Storm [official site] in early August.
The archangel from Diablo III will join the public test realm next week before entering the Nexus the week of August 8th. Auriel's a Support character, and possesses a number of healing and damage-dealing abilities. Here's a video introducing her:
Her trait, Bestow Hope, stores up Energy every time a selected ally takes damage. Additionally, 40% of the damage Auriel deals to Heroes, and 8% dealt to non-Heroes is stored as energy, too. Blizzard also gave us a rundown of her basic and Heroic abilities. Check them out:
· Sacred Sweep (Q)
- Damages enemies in a wide arc and deals bonus damage to enemies caught in the center.
· Ray of Hope (W)
- Consume all of your stored Energy to Heal allied Heroes in the target area. The amount of Healing done is based on the amount of Energy spent.
· Detainment Strike (E)
- Deals damage to the first enemy Hero struck and knocks them back. If the target collides with terrain, they are also Stunned for 1.25 seconds and take additional damage.
· Crystal Aegis (R)
- Place an allied Hero into Stasis for 2 seconds. Upon expiration, Crystal Aegis explodes, damaging nearby enemies.
· Resurrect (R)
- Allied Heroes leave behind a spirit on death. Channel on a spirit for 3 seconds to bring that ally back to life with 50% of their maximum Health at their death location.
All in all, those are some pretty nifty skills. Ray of Hope looks to be a pretty nice area of effect heal, and Resurrect could be invaluable when teammates die in battle.