Lego Batman 2 Launch Trailer Has Everything

By Nathan Grayson on June 19th, 2012 at 8:24 am.

This is pretty much why I generally try to avoid helicopters.

I think I may actually mean that. The latest (and probably final, given the brick-based behemoth’s impending June 22 release date) Lego Batman 2 trailer might just have all of the things. You, for instance, might play games for outlandish vehicles. Well, this one has those too. Or you might enjoy kung-fu fighting – perhaps even of the “fast as lightning” variety. Lego The Flash’s tiny, c-shaped fists of fury say hello. And then, of course, there’s the giant robot. Yep, that’s a thing for some probably wonderful reason. But then, I suppose you’d need all of the things to fill all of the space, so here we are. Now let us move elsewhere to watch the trailer. After the break, perhaps?

June 22′s right around the corner, so it’s time to start asking the big questions – foremost, does the Joker’s laugh make anyone else immediately think of the opening to The Surfari’s “Wipe Out”? It’s eerily similar, if you ask me. And you can try, but I’ll probably just respond with an incredibly out-of-tune mouth guitar version of the song, which is now inextricably stuck in my head.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Thirith says:

This wasn’t on my radar so far, but I like this trailer – especially the bit at the end. Funny writing, it seems!

Also, it would be cool if they had a short sequence in there making fun of the grimdark Chris Nolan-style Batman – I like the films, but seeing a Lego take on them could be hilarious.

2. wodin says:

Enjoyed that.

3. HexagonalBolts says:

Never played the lego games at all, but I have to say, that was probably better than 95% of all the videogame trailers out there.

4. MrBillwulf says:

They actually did a “Batmobile loses its wheels and the Joker got away” gag–hilarious. I only hope that Robin doesn’t lay an egg.

5. kukouri says:

Had fun with the first, this one sounds even better. Getting it.

6. IckyThump says:

After seeing that this is open world, I really want a Buffy Lego game. That would be very cool.

Also, there’s a demo on the website, in case anyone’s interested.

7. GallonOfAlan says:

Got it pre-ordered. Played them all except Harry Potter 2, because fuck Harry Potter.

Can I also take this opportunity to point out once again that there has never been a franchise more tailor-made for LEGO games than Dr Who.

8. Spengbab says:

Oh dear. OH DEAR! I’ve only tried the Star Wars lego stuff, didn’t really care for it, but this one might be worth picking up during a certain digital publisher’s heated liquid discount period.

But… Did they do The Joker RIGHT?

9. abandonhope says:

I could get into this. What might be more fun is a villain version, planning and executing heists and other villain-specific crimes in a sandbox Gotham. I guess that’s not coming to Lego any time soon.

• mechabuddha says:

An entire half of the last LEGO Batman game you played as the villains. Fingers crossed.

• abandonhope says:

Hot damn. I really want to go all GTA in Lego Gotham. Well, as much as is possible in a family-friendly game.

• siegarettes says:

If i read IGNs review correctly (look its one of the only few out right now, okay), not only can you play as villains, you can play as Hush. That makes me more excited than I should be.

10. Urthman says:

Folks, this is an open-world game where you can play as Superman and whenever he starts flying around in the city, the John Williams Superman theme plays. That actually brought a tear to my eye when I saw it in one of the trailers.

(How is it possible that it’s taken this long for a game to do that?)

11. Bobsy says: