Drake, Rattle And Roll: Deadfall Adventures

By Adam Smith on February 28th, 2013 at 5:00 pm.

If Uncharted were a first-person shooter, with all of its traps, tombs and mythical Nazi magnets intact, it would probably look quite a lot like Deadfall Adventures. The announcement trailer for the game, which was previously announced under a different name, doesn’t show a great deal of action, opting instead for a predictable but slightly confused voiceover, but when the shooting hits the fan in the last few seconds, the development team’s history is more apparent than the pseudo-history they are exploring. Fiery demons are the order of the day, and lots of them too. The Farm 51 is a team founded by former Painkiller developers, who returned to their original hell recently and, before that, planted some more hell in the hell of World War I with NecroVisioN. The trailer is entombed below.

It’s due July 30th and if there’s enough adventuring and exploration in between the shooting, I may find the proposition quite tempting. When the original announcement was made, the working title was Project Adventurer. I guess those words ended up back in the Big Hat O’ Assorted Game Titles and another two were selected at random.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. MrLebanon says:

I wanna see more shooting!

2. Noburu says:

Is it wrong that after reading the title I wanted some mention of Snake, Rattle, N Roll?

For you young folk that dont know wtf I mean: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_Rattle_N_Roll

3. Grey Ganado says:

That title makes me wonder if Mr. Smith is subscribed to the same Youtube channel as me.

4. mehteh says:

Hopefully not slowed or dumbed down too much since this is coming to consoles too.

5. Paul says:

Farm 51 are very talented folks, looking forward to this a lot.

6. ZIGS says:

Snake Rattle and Roll. What do I win RPS?

• Chris D says:

Hold on now. Adam was clearly referencing “Shake, Rattle and Roll”, the cartoon about three ghosts who run a hotel for more ghosts. I’m right aren’t I,Adam? Adam, say I’m right.

7. Kein says:

James Lee Quatermain? I heard it right?

• suibhne says:

Pretty clear reference there. I dig it – the world could always use more FPS games exploiting old colonialist literary properties.

8. Tamath says:

For those mentioning the reference to Snake, Rattle N’ Roll, I’ll be more impressed if you can tell me the title of the Game Boy version of it.

9. guygodbois00 says:

Doesn’t look very inviting, I’m afraid. Would someone make a FPS Indiana-Jones-like adventure already?
    With tombs, puzzles and Nazis. O, yes. Lots of those.

10. Hoaxfish says:

I’m getting a Return to Castle Wolfenstein vibe, if you replaced norse undead and nazis with aztec undead and, er, Nazis-in-hiding?

11. Lemming says:

Weirdly, before I got the FPS parts with the guns in the demo I was thinking “Oh this must be an Uncharted-like isometric ARPG’. I couldn’t have been more wrong could I?

12. slimcarlos says:

If you think Don`s story is impossible…, a month-back my daughter in law basically easily made $7007 putting in 10 hours a week in their apartment and the’re roomate’s ex-wife`s neighbour did this for 4 months and got a cheque for more than $7007 in their spare time on their labtop. follow the guidelines on this web-site, http://www.pie21.com

13. ice0105 says:

Cube ice is edible ice, the ice making machine has the capacity from 2tons to 20tons per day, the size of ice cube can be 22mm*22mm*22mm and 29mm*29mm*22mm.

14. KenTWOu says:

I really want to be an optimist like you.

15. scatterlogical says:

My, this looked so good. then the manshooting starts.
    I find it particularly interesting how they saved that part for the end, and only showed it very briefly, like they were ashamed of it… As they should be. I wonder if it was something pressed by the publisher? MORE COD!! PEW PEW!!

Comment on this story