Drake, Rattle And Roll: Deadfall Adventures

By Adam Smith on February 28th, 2013 at 5:00 pm.

If Uncharted were a first-person shooter, with all of its traps, tombs and mythical Nazi magnets intact, it would probably look quite a lot like Deadfall Adventures. The announcement trailer for the game, which was previously announced under a different name, doesn’t show a great deal of action, opting instead for a predictable but slightly confused voiceover, but when the shooting hits the fan in the last few seconds, the development team’s history is more apparent than the pseudo-history they are exploring. Fiery demons are the order of the day, and lots of them too. The Farm 51 is a team founded by former Painkiller developers, who returned to their original hell recently and, before that, planted some more hell in the hell of World War I with NecroVisioN. The trailer is entombed below.

It’s due July 30th and if there’s enough adventuring and exploration in between the shooting, I may find the proposition quite tempting. When the original announcement was made, the working title was Project Adventurer. I guess those words ended up back in the Big Hat O’ Assorted Game Titles and another two were selected at random.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. MrLebanon says:

I wanna see more shooting!

2. Noburu says:

Is it wrong that after reading the title I wanted some mention of Snake, Rattle, N Roll?

For you young folk that dont know wtf I mean: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_Rattle_N_Roll

3. Grey Ganado says:

That title makes me wonder if Mr. Smith is subscribed to the same Youtube channel as me.

4. mehteh says:

Hopefully not slowed or dumbed down too much since this is coming to consoles too.

5. Paul says:

Farm 51 are very talented folks, looking forward to this a lot.

6. ZIGS says:

Snake Rattle and Roll. What do I win RPS?

• Chris D says:

Hold on now. Adam was clearly referencing “Shake, Rattle and Roll”, the cartoon about three ghosts who run a hotel for more ghosts. I’m right aren’t I,Adam? Adam, say I’m right.

7. Kein says:

James Lee Quatermain? I heard it right?

• suibhne says:

Pretty clear reference there. I dig it – the world could always use more FPS games exploiting old colonialist literary properties.

8. Tamath says:

For those mentioning the reference to Snake, Rattle N’ Roll, I’ll be more impressed if you can tell me the title of the Game Boy version of it.

• ZIGS says:

lol, I didn’t even know there was a Game Boy version! But I still own my NES copy!

• fishyboy says:

Ooh, that’s a tricky one you Sneaky Snake(s)!

9. guygodbois00 says:

Doesn’t look very inviting, I’m afraid. Would someone make a FPS Indiana-Jones-like adventure already?
    With tombs, puzzles and Nazis. O, yes. Lots of those.

10. Hoaxfish says:

I’m getting a Return to Castle Wolfenstein vibe, if you replaced norse undead and nazis with aztec undead and, er, Nazis-in-hiding?

11. Lemming says:

Weirdly, before I got the FPS parts with the guns in the demo I was thinking “Oh this must be an Uncharted-like isometric ARPG’. I couldn’t have been more wrong could I?

• bear912 says:

That could be pretty special, really. Not exactly sure how the RPG bits would fit in, but that’s a pretty interesting idea for a genre-mash.

12. slimcarlos says:

If you think Don`s story is impossible…, a month-back my daughter in law basically easily made $7007 putting in 10 hours a week in their apartment and the’re roomate’s ex-wife`s neighbour did this for 4 months and got a cheque for more than $7007 in their spare time on their labtop. follow the guidelines on this web-site, http://www.pie21.com

13. ice0105 says:

Cube ice is edible ice, the ice making machine has the capacity from 2tons to 20tons per day, the size of ice cube can be 22mm*22mm*22mm and 29mm*29mm*22mm.

14. KenTWOu says:

I really want to be an optimist like you.

15. scatterlogical says:

My, this looked so good. then the manshooting starts.
    I find it particularly interesting how they saved that part for the end, and only showed it very briefly, like they were ashamed of it… As they should be. I wonder if it was something pressed by the publisher? MORE COD!! PEW PEW!!