Crying, Walking, Stabbing, Talking Living Doll: Killing Floor

Nope.

I do enjoy how Killing Floor’s monsters look like people in Halloween costumes, the sort of thing one could make with a few hours and some household supplies. Given me a black bodysuit, some tights, cotton wool, pipe cleaners, socks, and wire coat hangers, and I’ll make you a Crawler that’ll win you pity in your office costume contest. Unsurprisingly, Killing Floor gets into Halloween in a big way.

The co-op survival FPS’s annual spooky event launched yesterday, and KF is also part of Steam’s ten-game Free Weekend Weekend, so all and sundry can come fight the horrible, horrible dolls that are murderous and horrible.

As is now traditional, the Halloween event turns Killing Floor’s monsters into hillbillies and you can unlock the Grim Reaper and Commando Chicken player models by completing achievements. This year’s update brings another new map, Club Clandestine, and an official mod starring horrible dolls.

Toy Master is a short trip inside a doll’s house to fight toys in one new level. Killing Floor enemies become ventriloquist dummies with knives, cloth dolls with porcelain faces, and clown dolls with buzzsaw hands. You get four waves of survival, which also have ominous rocking chests that’ll release giant dummies if the monsters smash them open, then a boss fight against a giant jack-in-the-box. It’s short, but fun/unpleasant enough to be worth a download.

As well as being free for everyone to play until Sunday evening, Killing Floor and its DLC are all on sale until October 30.

1. Jockie says:

At my school I recall we had like 4 PCs in the library and an incredibly strict librarian with no visible sense of humour. If you were ever found on something she deemed to be inappropriate (including reading news websites etc) she would walk up to the PC and turn it off by the power switch. We told her many times that this was not good for the PCs and could cause problems with windows and cause people to lose saved files. But she gave no shits for any of that. In truth I think she resented the idea of computers in her precious library (as well as resenting children of course).

2. Gap Gen says:

Can you kill anyone with the floor in this game? Be honest.

• Zunt says:

The head of the leading purple bloke in the picture is looking pretty …. ground up.

• phelix says:

Well, there are some exotic weapons, but the majority is your regular down-to-earth guns.

/coat

• Zunt says:

Ooh, ooh! This game definitely seems for those who like their terror, firmer.

3. Synesthesia says:

These guys really know how to make good gameplay. I wish the RO2 weren’t so often filled with lemmings. The days they are not… it’s awesome.

4. Crimsoneer says:

I am so excited for the sequel.

• Crusoe says:

Yup KF2 is one Early Access I’ll be buying immediately.

• commentingaccount says:

Yeah I’m in line for that shit as well. I really wish it’d happen sooner.

• Scumbag says:

While it may seem very exciting I’ve learnt something with Tripwire:

On release its a bloody mess.
        After 2 years they don’t abandon it and its bloody brilliant.

I guess they are one of the best examples of a dev who always needed the Early Access system. Hopefully when KF2 is released it may actually be awesome right out of the metaphorical-digital box.

5. Gotem says:

I tried KF for several free weekends, and it never interested me
    it was impossible to get into a server or got disconencted frequently, and most of the players being level 0 the squad got wiped in teh first wave quite often.

Until I got it on a bundle or sale and played it in a more ‘reuglar’ time is when I started to enjoy it. I think this massive free weekends don’t do the game justice

6. racccoon says:

OFFTOPIC!:
    Guys/Gals You missed out on this one HATRED link to destructivecreations.pl this is fucking crazy ass game can’t wait for it. wonder how many rules it’ll have to pass probably be a under ground game.

7. AXAXAXAS MLO II: MLO HARDER says:

ILL KILL? Why thanks, block, my kill has in fact been ill. That is the result of being a rather skilled shooter player, as I’m glad you noticed I am.