Up to 80% off XCOM 2, Mafia 3, Bioshock and more in Bundle Stars’ 2K sale

xcom-2-speed-mod

Bundle Stars is offering up some rather nice discounts on a big batch of 2K Games’ finest wares this week, with up to 80% off some selected titles from the XCOM, Borderlands, Civilization and Bioshock series, among others.

This range features XCOM 2 at one of its lowest ever prices – £11.54 – while you can grab the Bioshock Collection for £11.99, Civilization VI for £29.99, Mafia 3 for £15.74, and Borderlands 2 for £6.99. Let’s face it, though, this is another chance to me to mention that you should really buy Sid Meier’s Pirates! since it is not only £1.49 right now, but it also happens to be absolutely fantastic and is responsible for dozens of hours of my life having disappeared into the abyss.

Also, I happen to be of the mind that both The Darkness 2 and Spec Ops: The Line are treasures and I would recommend them both heartily. They’re up for £3.99 each at the moment. Alongside this batch of games, you’ll find a litany of DLC packs with big discounts, too, so if there is a specific pack you never got around to picking up for any of the games mentioned, this sale might be worth a look.

Drib says:

I demand these discounts be applied on games I don’t already own.

• AngoraFish says:

Sorry to snipe the top spot, but it’s worth pointing out that more or less the entire Borderlands series can in fact currently be purchased from Humble Bundle for not much more than the price of a McDonald’s Happy Meal and a Thick Shake. link to humblebundle.com (Less if you’re happy to miss the Pre-Sequel.)

2. Bull0 says:

None of the games in the title are 80% off, XCOM 1, The Bureau and Borderlands 2 are but who cares?

• BooleanBob says:

Bit of a misleading headline for sure.

• mukuste says:

Well, it did say “up to”, dinnit? It’s technically correct!

• Bull0 says:

Not really, nothing in the named range was actually 80% off.

• mmandthetat says:

You just said yourself that three of the titles are 80%. Doesn’t count because you don’t care about them? Also, if you buy games and haven’t figured out what the “up to” thing is all about yet, you must not be the savviest consumer.

• AngoraFish says:

The fact that many consumers are now wise to marketing gimmicks doesn’t make bait discounts that don’t apply to the headline games any less scummy.

It also doesn’t make a news blogger who uncritically runs with a virtual cut and paste of a press release headline any less of a shill.

• Bull0 says:

Er, insults aside, “up to 80% off X, Y, Z and more” is incorrect if none of X Y and Z are 80% off. I don’t get to say “up to 90% off Ferraris and Citroens” and actually only the Citroëns are 90% off, no Ferraris are. My reading comp is fine, the headline is misleading. Don’t be rude about it, no need.

• MisterFurious says:

I’m sure there are plenty of people on this planet that care. Just because you don’t doesn’t mean that no one does. You aren’t special.

• Raoul Duke says:

Yep, seriously crummy headline.

3. Det. Bullock says:

I just wonder why Bioshock Infinite is never bundled with the season’s pass.

4. sleepisthebrotherofdeath says:

11.54 for Xcom2 – I bought it for 11.20 at greenman gaming only the other week! Woo, I win!

5. InfiniteSubset says:

Interesting that the Borderlands 2 season pass is $8.99, but the GOTY Edition of the game is $7.99, and includes more stuff (plus the actual game).

6. gi_ty says:

Well damn I was all excited given the relative parity I have seen lately with Brit and American currencies. Sadly Xcom 2 is still 19.79 for us in the USA.

• Bull0 says:

Pound is quite weak against the dollar at the mo but not at parity, 11.54 in trump bux is $15.22

• gi_ty says:

Yes I certainly didn’t expect it to be even but almost double took I bit of my enthusiasm away. However still got the deluxe edition for $24 now I just have to wait for a good deal on WotC

7. Couchfighter says:

This site either has awful conversion rates for my country (Norway), or they’re raising prices on stuff during ‘sales’. Or both. Everything listed there is priced €5-€10 higher than the article suggests.

Also curious what exactly they mean with this line: ‘Bundle Stars is the official retail partner of 700+ game publishers’

Is that a good thing?

8. hannasmith says:

Is this for real? Where can i find these? I love both xcom and xcom 2, both are nail biters for sure!Take a look at this for a review of these games.

Comment on this story