We are not amused. But we will be, soon! Paradox Interactive's new political simulator, Victoria 2 (the sequel to their 2003 title Victoria: An Empire Under The Sun), has just gone gold, and it's coming out on August 13th. Seems like it'll provide more of that Europa Universalis style no-frills strategy, but with a few neat additions, like two countries colonising a province at the same time and engaging in a non-violent battle for influence. Mm! Features list and trailer after the jump.
• Deep engrossing political simulation with dozens of different governments.
• Detailed economy with over fifty different types of goods and various production factories.
• Advanced Technological system with thousands of inventions to discover.
• Improved graphics and interface, as well as multiplayer support.
• A streamlined interface makes the game easily accessible.
• Automation of various tasks including, trade and population promotion.
• Advanced spheres of influences system, where the great powers battle over the control of the world.
• Cottage production simulating pre-industrial economies.
• Gunboat Diplomacy, no need for negotiating as a fleet outside a port may be a more persuasive argument.
• Historical and Dynamic events guiding your country through the history.
• Over 200 different countries can be played, during the era stretching from 1835 to the onset of WWII.