Feeling Orcward: Hinterland: Orc Lords
Tilted Mill's Hinterland appears to be getting an expanded retail release, unless publishers have taken to releasing joke press releases. What's yet to be properly seen is how much this expands the original game, though playing both as heroes and villains sounds like a fun addition. And it's in a box. Some people like boxes. Some people have been trapped inside them for years with their legs sawn off, so they're less fond. So if you're one of them, it's available for download purchase now... but not in the UK. We frown. Here's the website if you want to consider it. And, yeah, the question of how "seriously expanded" it actually is as yet unclear. And I suspect those who bought the original could be a little miffed. And here's the press release for you to scour for clues...
GOT GAME ENTERTAINMENT BRINGS STRATEGY, ROLEPLAY, AND LOADS OF REPLAY WITH "HINTERLAND: ORC LORDS"
Prepare to loot, level, and build in this fast paced RPG combat and strategic base building game that allows you to play as hero or villain!
Weston, CT – March 10, 2009 – Got Game Entertainment LLC today announced that “Hinterland: Orc Lords” (PC), a seriously enhanced and updated version of the critically acclaimed RPG combat and strategic base building game, “Hinterland”, will be available this month for download purchase (via www.Hinterland-Game.com), and in retail stores across North America beginning March 25, 2009.
Developed by Tilted Mill of Massachusetts, “Hinterland: Orc Lords” finds you charged with taming a wild territory of the king’s realm by building a prosperous town and conquering all enemy sites in the region. In your quest, you will encounter the characters and creatures of myth and folklore, and cunningly utilize resources to expand your village.
But will you tame the wild hinterland as hero or as villain?
“Now, more than ever, we’re all looking for the most value for our dollar, and ‘Hinterland: Orc Lords’ brings it with hours of entertainment, fantasy, and escape for just 20 bucks,” said Got Game Entertainment President Howard Horowitz. “Strategize, roleplay, and replay as a Human and then do it again as an Orc Lord or Shaman.”
“Hinterland: Orc Lords” features:
* Party-based RPG Action - Variety of characters, weapons, and strategies. Will you lead the charge with a two-handed strike or stand behind the armored herder with your bow?
* Town Building - Choose who will settle in your town. Arm them for defense, or give them tools for production.
* Character Development - Command an Orc tribe as Lord or Shaman, or lead a Human village as Human, Dwarf, Elf, or even Undead Warrior. Develop lowly farmers into great warriors. Customize your character to help in adventure or improve village life.
* Random Fantasy World - New locations with different resources, items, enemies, and challenges for maximum replay. Orc war camps, dark elf raiding parties, goblin infested mines, ruined undead cities, and more.
* Customizable Gameplay - From hardcore game to a world without raiders, you decide the type of game you play.
“Hinterland: Orc Lords” is rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB for Alcohol Reference/Fantasy Violence/Mild Blood and will retail for $19.99. For more information, and to purchase “Hinterland: Orc Lords”, visit the official website at www.Hinterland-Game.com.