We don't usually pay much attention to the charts, but I spotted the September 6th line up over on Shacknews and it amused me. And there's a mystery...
1. The Sims 2 Apartment Life Expansion Pack / EA Maxis / $30 (Average)
2. Spore / EA Maxis / $49 (Average)
3. Spore Creature Creator / EA Maxis / $10 (Average)
4. World Of Warcraft: Battle Chest / Blizzard / $39 (Average)
5. The Sims 2 Double Deluxe / EA Maxis / $30 (Average)
6. World Of Warcraft / Blizzard / $20 (Average)
7. World Of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Expansion Pack / Blizzard / $29 (Average)
8. The Sims 2 Apartment Life Expansion Pack Limited Collector’s Edition / EA Maxis / $39 (Average)
9. Warcraft III Battle Chest / Blizzard / $39 (Average)
10. Crysis / Crytek / $33 (Average)
The Shack points out: "While some may not consider the appearance of Spore surprising, let alone magical, the game officially launched in the US on September 7--the day after the tracking period ended--suggesting that Spore managed to hit #2 without widespread availability."
Weird, eh? Weirder perhaps is that Crysis somehow got in there. Shoo! Shoo! No top end envelope-pushing graphical masterpieces in OUR top ten!Tsk.