Peggle Nights: Free!

By Alec Meer on February 21st, 2010 at 1:50 pm.

Via an act of minor skullduggery, Popcap’s Peggle (PEGGLE!) sequel may be had for nil-dollars. All you need to do is pop over to their site and sign up for their new Popcap Passport service (expect newsletters, inevitably), and then you can gift Peggle Nights to a friend – or to an alternative email address of your own. Cheeky! Oh, and there’s a collection of bonus levels to be had for similar costlessness here. The Passport sign-up email takes a little while to arrive by the way, so don’t freak out and write an all-caps letter to your MP if it doesn’t reach your inbox immediately. In other Popcap news, Plants vs Zombies is now on iPhone. Apparently a couple of people own those.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Heliocentric says:

Your own email need not be alternative. In fact, its simpler if it isn’t

• Crane says:

Well yes, but that means that whatever E-mail you use for the game will be constantly spammed with PopCap newsletters.

• El Stevo says:

@Crane:

There’s a tick box to opt in to PopCap newsletters.

• mcwizardry says:

@ El Stevo You have to opt-in in order to sign up. I think you can can delete your entire account though.

2. Nighthood says:

Anyone that has done this, how long does the email take to send?

• TimA says:

Wasn’t instant, but took less than five minutes for me.

• Auspex says:

Didn’t arrive immediately but definitely under five minutes. Though if all RPSers are trying to get it now it wouldn’t surprise me if it was a wee bit longer.

3. Stu says:

iPhone PvZ is ACE. It’s a slightly cut-down conversion, with fewer minigames (no Zen Garden!) but for £1.89 it’s kinda hard to complain and not feel like a big ol’ meanie. Not that THAT stops some people, but never mind. Other than that, and some slight sluggishness when the screen starts filling up towards the end of a level (an issue which may be due to the fact that I’m running it on a lowly first-gen iPod Rouch), it’s pretty much perfect. And it costs the same as a pint in Wetherspoons! Although admittedly, it won’t help you get drunk and pull. But nor will it help you throw up in the taxi back to hers, losing you £50 and an enjoyable but ultimately meaningless shag, so, y’know, swings and roundabouts.

4. Zaphid says:

I’m not really comfortable entering my billing info for a free purchase…

• Akimbo says:

So Don’t. I used N as my first name and A as my last, and NA for pretty much everything else. Just pick a random state and a random zip code, and you’ll be fine.

5. Skoul says:

You don´t have to enter your billing info – just enter a bogus name and address and use the “enter code” button (or whatever its called- I did it yesterday so I can´t remember the specifics).

btw: Its easy to get all the “fake” mailadresses you need at mailinator.com (thx to Lewie for that one :)

Vandelay says:

You don’t need to use an alternative e-mail address. I used the same one for both the Passport and the free game, without any hitches.

7. ostermei says:

It’s a lie! I signed up for it, got the email pretty quickly to send the game as a gift. Gifted to myself (didn’t say I couldn’t)… got THAT email with the link to download, but when I follow the download link, nothing happens. takes me to popcap’s site and it tells me my cart is empty and exhorts me to shop for more games. LAME.

• El Stevo says:

@ostermei:

So try again with a different e-mail address. There are plenty of temporary e-mail sites around.

8. DaFox says:

Awesome stuff, thanks RPS!

9. Wulf says:

Wonderful gesture by PopCap, but I and my partner already have Nights.

Yep, we’re Peggle addicts. /sigh

I’ll be sure to pass this on though to get someone else addicted, PopCap always deserve a few more sales if only for the incredibly nifty Plants vs Zombies and Bookworm Advntures.

10. Phydaux says:

Radical!

11. JonFitt says:

Peggle Extreme. Didn’t that come free with Orange Box?

12. Drew says:

@JonFitt

Indeed. And now it seems to be free to anyone with a Steam account:

So much free Peggle!

13. Bleh says:

The e-mail doesn’t even have to be alternative. I used this for my mom, who is AN TOTAL PEGGLE ADDICT, and she loves it! Thanks RPS for increased family relations!

14. Fumarole says:

Twice now I’ve attempted to register Peggle Nights with no success, using two different email addresses and order numbers. Anyone else have this trouble and find a solution?

• Labbes says:

Same trouble yes, solution no. Sorry. At least we can share our pain.

15. RabidZombie says:

Peggle Extreme != Peggle Nights

• RabidZombie says:

@RabidZombie
      Agh. That was SUPPOSED to be a reply to Drew. I thought it would nest. :(

16. Kommissar Nicko says:

So what’s the conversion from Peggles to Peggle Nightses? I assume it’s something like… 1.3 Peggles, right? That’s what it seems to work out to… hmm…

17. cpy says:

You can mark them as spam and forget newsletters!

18. bookwormat says:

I wonder why this article appears under the “Indie, mods, demos” section?

19. Ilya Chentsov says:

The trouble is that the receiver of the gift will also have to register a Popcap account in order to get his or her game. To much hassle for a free pie.