Salt And Sanctuary PC Release Date Soon

Salt and Sanctuary [official site] is a gorgeous 2D Dark Souls kinda thing that can be played in either singleplayer or co-op. It’s already available on Sony’s Drakestation 4 and will be coming to PC. Hopefully that’ll happen sooner rather than later, and developers Ska Studios reckon they might well ready to announce the release date later this month. I’m extremely excited about this one, not only because of the good things I’ve heard from PS4-playing friends, but because Ska’s Survival Crisis Z [download link] is still my favourite zombie survival game.

Look, this is a news post about an announcement that is going to happen soon rather than a news post about the announcement itself. I don’t normally write things like that but I’m making an exception for Salt and Sanctuary because I’d started to think the PC version might either happen in the distant future or not at all. Ska’s statement that they’re “gearing up” for the release allows me to believe it’ll be out much sooner than I’d expected.

And just look at it:

It’s a Soulstroidvania, obviously. Rolls off the tongue.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. ramirezfm says:

It’s very soulslike and quite good, but the bosses are rather on the bad side. With 2h str build some bosses die before they can do anything while at the same time dex build will have to pray to rng god A LOT. Apart from the boss mechanics the game is great.

2. Tim James says:

I thought the bosses were perfectly fine across multiple characters. There are some frustrating ones, but even God-king Miyazaki-san poops out duds every now and then.

• ramirezfm says:

Tree of Men with it’s knocking you of the ledges is just plain silly. Disemboweled Husk was another crazy one, with his double shot. Witch of the Lake was the worst though, with her homing gatling gun she obliterates. I also dread to think of Forgotten King on my thief… The rest is ok-ish I guess, with several bosses even being fun.

3. bit.bat says:

The art style and the way it is animated really puts me off this one. I get that its a taste thing though.

• Biscotti says:

I feel the same way. It’s a shame, since it looks like fun otherwise.

• Lintire says:

Bad tweening and Invader Zim inspired 2006 edgy webcomic art, fresh off Hot Topic.

The only “taste thing” here is whether you have it at all.

• ramirezfm says:

I actually didn’t like the art style when I was watching this on YT, but decided to give it a try anyway as I love souls games. Surprisingly while playing it I actually enjoyed the art style. Cannot explain it, but it might be actually be better seeing live :)

4. csbear says:

I am really enjoying this game and am glad I picked it up when it released on the PS4. I was divided if I should just wait for the PC version since I don’t buy games often for my PS4 (Bloodborne and Rocket League the last few exceptions).

The art to me is a big reason why I considered it. I personally think its beautiful looking. Also, with it having received good reviews all around, and it being a Souls-ish game, I was sold. But I can enjoy various types of game art, except that I am not too keen on most JRPG stuff.

5. suibhne says:

It looks gorgeous, punishing, and entirely no fun for me. No matter how much I love the Souls games, I remain entirely rubbish at 2D platformers/fighters.

• csbear says:

Same here… I am just not into platformers, but am glad this clicked for me. I think the RPG elements and exploration and the art is what I really play it for.

6. SCPhilly says:

Has anyone else used that download link to try that zombie game out?
    It feels very suspicious, downloads a zip file to extract to system32 folder.

7. povu says:

I thought it meant the game would come out soon, not that the announcement is coming soon.