Psssst! You wanna hear some gossip? WELL! So, Eurogamer told me that some friends of theirs told THEM that a marketing research survey told them – the friends not Eurogamer – that they wanted to talk future Far Cry game settings. I *know*, right?
Apparently the talk came in the form of a survey which asked players to make their preferences regarding potential settings such as Alaska, zombies, dinosaurs and Vietnam known.
Polling players is something Ubisoft have done before, particularly in relation to features in the Assassin's Creed franchise. Obviously testing an audience's enthusiasm for this stuff doesn't mean it'll actually come to fruition, but in case you were curious the full list of options, according to a screengrab on Eurogamer, is as follows:
- A Far Cry game in remote Alaska about surviving extreme wilderness
- A Far Cry game in a futuristic, sci-fi setting on another planet
- A Far Cry game set in the Vietnam war during the 1960s
- A Far Cry game set in the cocaine trafficking jungles of Peru
- A Far Cry game where you can fight against or join vampires
- A Far Cry game in the Spaghetti Western style set in the late 19th century Americas
- A Far Cry game that is set during a zombie outbreak
- Blood Dragon 2. A sequel to Blood Dragon with more Rex Power Colt
- A Far Cry game set in a Mad Max style post-apocalyptic world
- A Far Cry game in the present day, set in a Jurassic Park Style island of dinosaurs
- A Far Cry game based on the world of Shangri-La from Far Cry 4
(Which roughly works out as: The Long Cry, DestinCry, Cry Of Duty: Black Ops, Far Cry 5, Dra-Cry-la, Red Dead Cry-demption, Cry Z, Blood Dragon 2, FalloutCry, Jurassic World, and Far Cry 4 DLC)
The thing is, we'd say these don't exactly represent out-of-the-jewel-case thinking and there also doesn't seem to be a British option. With that in mind we've added our suggestions below so Ubi can get the survey amended ASAP.
- A Far Cry game set in the playground bit of a motorside Happy Eater restaurant
- A Far Cry game set on the Isle of Man. Channel Islands as DLC
- A Far Cry game set in the fictional town of Holby and featuring Charlie Fairhead on the box art.
- A Far Cry game set during a massive power struggle on the local parish council
- A Far Cry game which takes place entirely in your nan's living room and the sofa cushions are islands and the carpet is lava and if you break any of the ornaments you're going to be in the doghouse for WEEKS
Now that's what I call co-operation. You're welcome, Ubisoft.