The update fixes some bugs, makes minor performance adjustments, and adds a little support for Windows 8, 8.1 and 10. It's housekeeping stuff but it's nice that Rockstar are continuing to support their older games.
Here are the full patch notes, which you can also read here:
- Added error code "WTV270" to indicate a problem with connecting to Windows Live Sign in Assistant / Games for Windows Live Servers.
- Added Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 to compatible OS check.
- Added Display Controller image in Controller Configuration.
- Fixed a bug which made completing "Out of Commission" mission impossible when frame rate exceeds 60fps.
- Fixed a bug with the "Resource Usage" indicator on graphics cards with more than 2GB of VRAM.
- Fixed a bug that restricted settings changes when using modern video cards.
- Fixed a bug with the map crosshair on certain resolutions.
- Fixed a bug with text scrolling in "Brief" Menu.
- Fixed "drawlist overflow" crash.
- Minor performance optimizations.
I spent an immense amount of time in GTAIV's city, such as that I still remember it like the back of my hand. That's in part because I liked to go walking there, using a set of mods to make it first-person. For whatever reason I've never done the same thing in GTA5's Los Santos, despite it having a first-person mode by default.