Sundays are for finding yourself somehow awake at a silly hour with a lack of sleep because you've got a comic signing at 10am. 10am? 10pm, possibly. 10am is madness. Anyway - that means I better compile this list of writing found by the good ship RPS across the week and resist linking to songs I found myself singing while replacing central words with the name of a talented comics artist. Go!
- We haven't really done enough on the end of Ensemble, I suspect. They're one of the big iconic RTS developers, after all - but they're also one which RPS as a whole has tended to admire rather than love. Let's pass the baton over to Gamasutra, who do the last studio tour with them.
- "Gary Penn is a gentleman," notes Jim. I can only concur. Paul Barnett's Lester Bangs on game design.
- Also on the game design front, Greg Cherlin goes through the thoughts behind the change to Team Fortress 2's critical hits system.
- Also on game design... The Wall Street Journal? Are you sure? We live in blessed times.
- We're away from PC Games, but this has been the one story I've been track of since disappearing to NYComicCon (Well, any story online. Stories involving drunken comic writers, I'm all over). Killzone 2 has come out. Reviews have been really quite good. However, it seems that the internet hatemob is intensifying even over perfect reviews. Best response is G4's video one to their mailbag after they gave it a disgracefully low 5/5. And go see what happens when someone isn't actually positive about the bally thing. The best take on it I've seen is Tycho over at Penny Arcade, lamenting over how games are turned into acts-of-faith in the console wars.
- Waterloo by Abba. We won't tell you the comic artist, natch.