Clone Priest is a Hearthstone deck for those who have a few favourite minions they want to see over and over and over again. This archetype is capable of mimicking lots of powerful creatures in multiple ways, so when your opponent feels as though they've cleared off a significant threat, you’ll bring it right back to cause mischief again.
Unlike Deathrattle decks, though, the minions chosen for Clone Priest have a lot of their power in their card text or abilities. Therefore, when they’re only summoned as 1 / 1 copies with Zerek’s Cloning Gallery you’re not sad to be missing the Attack or Health, but happy to see something like Malygos awarding you another + 5 Spell Power. That sets up some catastrophic burst damage with Mind Blast!
In our guide for this archetype, we’ve got the best Clone Priest deck list you can play right now, along with a breakdown of some of the key card combos in the deck so you can get to winning with it immediately. If the deck reaches the top tier, we’ll be sure to expand this guide with more specific advice.
Clone Priest deck list and strategy
Here is the most competitive version of Clone Priest currently being played in Hearthstone. We’ll keep an eye on this to monitor any changes in the Rastakhan meta.
|2 x Holy Smite
|1 x Bloodmage Thalnos
|2 x Mind Blast
|1 x Zilliax
|2 x Radiant Elemental
|1 x The Lich King
|2 x Shadow Visions
|1 x Malygos
|1 x Shadow Word: Pain
|2 x Spirit Lash
|2 x Gilded Gargoyle
|1 x Shadow Word: Death
|2 x Eternal Servitude
|1 x Lyra the Sunshard
|2 x Shadow Essence
|2 x Lesser Diamond Spellstone
|1 x Prophet Velen
|2 x Psychic Scream
|1 x Obsidian Statue
|1 x Zerek's Cloning Gallery
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAa0GCgm0A+0F0wrXCr7IAubMAsLOAqCAA42CAwqXAqEE0cEC2MEC5cwCtM4C8M8C6NAC4+kCn+sCAA==
More great Priest guides:
- 1. Best Budget Decks - Hearthstone: Best Budget Decks
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Ashes of Outland)
- 3. Resurrect Priest - Resurrect Priest deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 4. Albatross Priest - Albatross Priest deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 5. Highlander Priest - Highlander Priest deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 6. Quest Resurrect Priest - Quest Resurrect Priest deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 7. Quest Priest - Quest Priest deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
Clone Priest tips, combos and synergies
Knowing some of the combos available to Control Priest will make you much more effective with the deck. Here are the key ones to know about:
- Shadow Visions enables you to find additional copies of spells hiding in your deck. It’s particularly good when it uncovers an extra copy of Mind Blast so you have even more burst damage potential.
- If Lyra the Sunshard is in play when you cast a spell, the Elemental will add another random Priest spell back into your hand. This is an excellent way to gain more resources in the late game which will often be useful to your game plan.
- Summoning a 5 / 5 copy of a random minion in your deck using Shadow Essence can be extremely handy if you manage to hit upon a Malygos, Obsidian Statue or Prophet Velen. Their abilities are far more useful than their base stats, and you’ll get them for much cheaper than normal.
- With all the spells in the deck you should find it fairly easy to improve your Lesser Diamond Spellstone. At a base level, it will resurrect two minions, after four spell casts it will revive three minions and then after another four spells that number peaks at four minions.
- Prophet Velen doubles both the damage and healing of your spells and Hero Power. This is very potent when paired with the likes of Mind Blast and Holy Smite (and if Malygos is on the board too) for some devastating burst damage to your opponent’s life total.
- Hit End Turn and The Lich King will add one of eight powerful Death Knight cards to your hand. Here are the options you can draw into:
|Deal 5 damage to an enemy, or restore 5 Health to a friendly character.
|Steal a minion from your opponent's deck and add it to your hand.
|Destroy a minion. Your hero takes damage equal to its Health.
|Death and Decay
|Deal 3 damage to all enemies.
|Give your minions +2 / +2 and “Can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers.”
|Destroy all minions. Remove the top card from your deck for each minion destroyed.
|Army of the Dead
|Remove the top 5 cards of your deck. Summony any minions removed.
|Deathrattle: Summon every minion killed by this [5 / 3] weapon.
- The multi-purpose Obsidian Statue can do a lot of work on a single card. It will not only protect your life total as a Taunt minion but will also kill one of your opponent’s creatures when it dies. If it’s going down, it’s taking someone else with him!
- Zerek’s Cloning Gallery represents some mad value potential as it will fill the board with 1 / 1 copies of each minion in your deck. Sure, at one Health they are easy to kill but think of all the abilities that will be on the board too from the likes of Malygos, Prophet Velen, Obsidian Statue, Lyra the Sunshard and more.