Warrior is a class that loves to see-saw between aggression and control. Face Highlander Warrior is, obviously, on the aggro side of things. You're taking advantage of all the special synergies, including Galakrond's buffs, the remaining Charge cards in Warrior, and weapon-swinging damage to take down your opponent as quickly as possible. Of course, the deck is a Highlander one, so you'll want to be looking out for Zephrys the Great and Dragonqueen Alexstrasza too - cards powerful enough to make the Warrior class build a deck in this way.
This deck is full of great ways to deal damage, but you'll have to play smart. Because you only have one copy of each card, you can't ever be as consistent with how you play. Adaptation is the key to success with this deck.
In the latest version of our Face Highlander Warrior guide, we’ve got the deck we’re going for at the start of Ashes of Outland.
|1 x Inner Rage||1 x Guardian Augmerchant|
|1 x Imprisoned Gan'arg||1 x Temple Berserker|
|1 x Risky Skipper||1 x Zephrys the Great|
|1 x Battle Rage||1 x Amani Berserker|
|1 x Ritual Chopper||1 x Maiev Shadowsong|
|1 x Bomb Wrangler||1 x Dread Corsair|
|1 x Bloodsworn Mercenary||1 x Devoted Maniac|
|1 x Frothing Berserker||1 x Frenzied Felwing|
|1 x Warmaul Challenger||1 x Faceless Corruptor|
|1 x Awaken!||1 x Shield of Galakrond|
|1 x Bonechewer Raider||1 x Siamat|
|1 x Kor'kron Elite||1 x Dragonqueen Alexstrasza|
|1 x Restless Mummy|
|1 x Scion of Ruin|
|1 x Arcanite Reaper|
|1 x Galakrond, the Unbreakable|
|1 x Bloodboil Brute|
|1 x Grommash Hellscream|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAQceFhywAtICkAOOBZYG7gafoQP8owOEpwP0pwPcqQPYrQParQP+rgOqrwPSrwOCsQORsQOktgOrtgO6tgO7uQO8uQOcuwOeuwPevgPtvgPFwAMAAA==
Face Highlander Warrior is, as the name suggests, aggressive in nature. You should be going face whenever possible, but it's far from a brainless deck. You'll need to stay on your toes to react to your opponent's moves.
Early game: Your early game is based a whole lot on getting a bunch of stuff on board as quickly as possible. Risky Skipper can be super helpful in activating your 'damaged minion' synergies like Frothing Berserker and Bomb Wrangler. You'll also be able to start Invoking Galakrond, the Unbreakable too, with Ritual Chopper, letting you start attacking with your Hero too. Early in the game, you just want to be getting stats on board and dealing damage to the opponent's Hero.
Mid game: Keep Invoking Galakrond as well. You'll gain Attack power for your Hero, and can direct this damage to face. Bloodboil Brute might be discounted a decent bit too - playing him ahead of curve is super-powerful for your tempo. If necessary, your Zephrys the Great can set you up for early victory, or save you from defeat, but in general you just want to be staying on tempo and hitting face when possible.
Frothing Berserker can spiral out of control in the mid-game if you're lucky and manage to keep it alive. Damaging lots of minions with your Hero's attack or the likes of Awaken! or playing a minion while Risky Skipper is on board can lead to a big wedge of damage. You might even be able to duplicate it with Bloodsworn Mercenary.
Late game: Siamat can be a finisher, especially if both of you are low on hand size. Windfury and Divine Shield are great aggressive options for his Battlecry, and Rush can get rid of direct threats.
Playing Galakrond, the Unbreakable fully Invoked draws 4 cards and gives them all +4/+4. Ideally, this is enough to close things out, as you're probably running low on fuel. Dragonqueen Alexstrasza is another final closer, and one that a lot of other aggressive decks wouldn't be able to pull off. You've got a decent number of final gambits here, so you'll be able to last a decent while. Even Zephrys the Great can find you lethal - always keep an eye out for Zephrys lethal.
Face Highlander Warrior Mulligan guide
These are the cards you’ll want to make the best possible start with Face Highlander Warrior:
- 1. Imprisoned Gan'arg is a great option for turn 1. It gives you a 2/2 with a Fiery War Axe for just 2 mana, albeit a delayed one.
- 2. Risky Skipper gives you decent stats on board, as well as setting up for your minion-damage synergies.
- 3. Ritual Chopper gives you a quick Invoke, as well as giving you +4 Attack for a turn, helping you clear a minion or go face.
Face Highlander Warrior tips, combos and synergies
Here’s an overview of the synergies to look out for in this Face Highlander Warrior deck. We’ll keep you updated as the meta develops!
- Invoke abilities give you +3 attack for your Hero this turn. Don't forget to swing your face at the enemy before the attack wears off!
- Faceless Corruptor synergises excellently with your Lackeys, allowing them to transform from 1/1s into 5/4s with Rush.
- Frenzied Felwing costs 0 mana when you've dealt 4 damage to your opponent's face this turn. Keep this in mind when playing out your cards - you might get more tempo than you thought.
- Bloodboil Brute can be discounted big time, because it costs 1 less for every damaged minion, not just friendly ones.
- Scion of Ruin gives you a whopping 9/6 in stats for just 4 mana if you've Invoked twice.
- Grommash Hellscream is given +8 Attack if you play it alongside Inner Rage, leaving you with a 12/8 with Charge to finish off your opponent.
- Bomb Wrangler summons a Boom Bot whenever it's damaged, so damaging it in increments of 1 is surprisingly powerful.
- Warmaul Challenger can often act as hard removal, able to take out any minion so long as it doesn't die first. Buffing it in hand with the likes of Galakrond, the Unbreakable is a way to kill bigger minions.