Freeze Shaman is a new kind of deck for Hearthstone's Frozen Throne metagame, and it blends together the many Freeze effects now available to the hero in order to form a very experimental - but potentially powerful - archetype going forwards
At this stage we're strictly in the realms of theorycrafting, but because this is one of the more interesting concepts to come along with the new expansion, we wanted to give you at least a snapshot of how the deck plays out so you get started right away.
First of all we've highlighted a theorycrafted deck list for you, which will most certainly be refined in the coming days and weeks, so be careful what you craft. After that we've got a breakdown of all the card combo tips that you need to be aware of. We'll go back and expand on all of these sections shortly after launch.
It's going to take a while to wrap our heads around on this one, and so we'll be fleshing out all areas of this guide considerably once we've had a chance to actually play it on the live servers. In the meantime, don't forget to share your own insights in the comments, so we can all get to grips with this one a little faster!
Our Frozen Throne: Best Decks and Guides hub contains everything you need to get stuck into the new meta!
Freeze Shaman deck list and strategy - August 2017
Here's a deck list that was put together by CaptainKaulu. Please consider this as strictly experimental, but The Lich King is appearing in many decks, and Moorabi certainly seems like a card that will always be a part of this archetype for as long as it's being played. Whether Freeze Shaman proves to be competitive is of course another question altogether.
|2 x Ancestral Spirit||2 x Glacial Shard|
|2 x Brrrloc||1 x Dirty Rat|
|2 x Cryostasis||1 x Hyldnir Frostrider|
|1 x Devolve||2 x Stonehill Defender|
|2 x Hex||2 x Tar Creeper|
|2 x Mana Tide Totem||1 x The Lich King|
|1 x Spirit Echo|
|2 x Avalanche|
|1 x Volcano|
|2 x Voodoo Hexxer|
|1 x White Eyes|
|1 x Moorabi|
|2 x Thing from Below|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAaoICKa8Ava9AsfBAt/EApfHAsLOAsDQAsHiAguUA4EE/gX7qgKXwQKbwgLKwwK0zQK2zQL7zQKKzgIA
Check the combo tips towards the bottom of this page for a basic overview of how this deck works.
Once the expansion is live we'll be expanding on this section of our guide considerably, but there's enough ambiguity around early and late-game play that we want to get a proper hands-on feel for this deck first.
More Shaman guides:
- 1. Best Budget Decks - Hearthstone: Best Budget Decks for Ashes of Outland
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Ashes of Outland)
- 3. Galakrond Shaman - Galakrond Shaman deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 4. Murloc Shaman - Murloc Shaman deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 5. Big Shaman - Big Shaman deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 6. Aggro Overload Shaman - Aggro Overload Shaman deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 7. Quest Shaman - Quest Shaman deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
Freeze Shaman Mulligan guide - August 2017
As this is a new kind of deck for Hearthstone, we really need some proper live play before we can start analysing the Mulligan stage correctly. As soon as we've had a chance to play around with it ourselves, we'll fill out this section.
Freeze Shaman tips, combos and synergies - August 2017
Unless you've been playing extremely off-meta, this is almost certainly a new experience for you as well as us! To get a handle on how the deck works, here's a teardown of tips on how these cards synergise with one another.
- Ancestral Spirit grants a minion a Deathrattle which resummons the same minion on death. You always want to have one of these on hand for White Eyes in particular. A similar note applies to Spirit Echo.
- The key card in this deck is Moorabi, who adds a copy of any minions that are frozen to your hand. In the context of this deck, that means considering the following cards: Brrrloc, Cryostasis, Avalanche, Voodoo Hexxer, Glacial Shard and Hyldnir Frostrider.
- Every totem you summon during a match - whether via your hero power or a card - will reduce the cost of Thing from Below by one Mana.
- The Lich King is proving a very popular theorycraft card right now. At the end of each turn that he remains alive on the board, he'll reward you with a randomly selected card from the following pool:
|2||Death Coil||Deal 5 damage to an enemy, or restore 5 Health to a friendly character.|
|2||Death Grip||Steal a minion from your opponent's deck and add it to your hand.|
|2||Obliterate||Destroy a minion. Your hero takes damage equal to its Health.|
|3||Death and Decay||Deal 3 damage to all enemies.|
|4||Anti-Magic Shell||Give your minions +2 / +2 and “Can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers.”|
|5||Doom Pact||Destroy all minions. Remove the top card from your deck for each minion destroyed.|
|6||Army of the Dead||Remove the top 5 cards of your deck. Summony any minions removed.|
|7||Frostmourne||Deathrattle: Summon every minion killed by this [5 / 3] weapon.|