League’s new upcoming Champion is Qiyana, the Empress of the Elements. Judging by her splash art and music theme, she’s a warrior queen who wields a circular scythe imbued with three elements - count us in.
As Qiyana’s only just been announced, information’s a little thin on the ground, but it won’t be long before she’ll be playable on the PBE and more details swing our way.
With this in mind, we’ve put together a guide which contains everything we know so far about Qiyana. We’ll update this page with new info as soon as it arrives, so keep this article bookmarked for all the latest!
UPDATE 10th June: We've added all of Qiyana's abilities and a little on her background just below.
Qiyana - Abilities Breakdown
Passive - Royal Privilege
The first attack or ability against an enemy champion deals bonus damage. This cooldown resets when she draws a new element.
[Q] - Edge of Ixtal
Qiyana slashes the area in front of her dealing damage. If her weapon is using an element, her weapon hurls forward as a projectile and explodes.
- River: Roots opponents on hit.
- Wall: Deals bonus damage to units with low health.
- Brush: Leaves a stealth trail that grants movement speed.
[W] - Terrashape
Targeting an element, Qiyana dashes forward to gather its power. While enchanted, she gains movement sped near the element, attack speed, and bonus damage.
[E] - Audacity
Qiyana dashes a fixed distance towards a target, dealing damage to them.
[R] - Supreme Display of Talent
Qiyana creates a shockwave, knocking back enemies. Any River, Brush, or Wall hit by the shockwave then explodes dealing damage and briefly stunning enemies.
Qiyana - Lore
Qiyana hails from the mysterious nation of Ixtal, and here's Riot's official lore extract straight from the League of Legends Nexus.
"Renowned for its mastery of elemental magic, Ixtal was one of the first independent nations to join the Shuriman empire. In truth, Ixtali culture is much older—part of the great westward diaspora that gave rise to civilizations including the Buhru, magnificent Helia, and the ascetics of Targon—and it is likely they played a significant role in the creation of the first Ascended.
But the mages of Ixtal survived the Void, and later the Darkin, by distancing themselves from their neighbors, drawing the wilderness around them like a shield. While much had already been lost, they were committed to the preservation of what little remained…
Now, secluded deep in the jungle for thousands of years, the sophisticated arcology-city of Ixaocan remains mostly free of outside influence. Having witnessed from afar the ruination of the Blessed Isles and the Rune Wars that followed, the Ixtali view all the other factions of Runeterra as upstarts and pretenders, and use their powerful magic to keep any intruders at bay."
ORIGINAL ARTICLE BELOW
Qiyana: Everything we know so far
Here’s a quick overview of what’s been revealed about Qiyana, as well as a little speculation on our part too.
First up, here’s Riot Games’ initial teaser, posted on all its social media channels.
The people of Ixaocan celebrate her prowess...The world is next pic.twitter.com/odabsK7e1pLeague of Legends (@LeagueOfLegends) June 6, 2019
Next up, here’s her official splash art and music theme.
- Riot hasn’t announced Qiyana’s release date yet, but it’s likely she’ll appear on the PBE for testing pretty soon.
- Qiyana’s confirmed to be an Assassin, according to Riot’s Champion Roadmap back in April which gave us some hints as to how she’ll play.
- Going by her splash art, Qiyana wields a circular scythe imbued with three elements: Earth, Water and Fire.
- We reckon these three elements on her scythe will correspond to each of her abilities, rather like Sona’s auras. It wouldn’t surprise us if Fire is for burst damage, Earth is for crowd control and Water is for AoE.
- Qiyana’s scythe suggests she’ll be a melee champion who needs to close the distance in order to deal damage to enemies. However, it’s not out of the realms of possibility that she’ll have some spells to hand.
That's it for the first iteration of our Qiyana guide, but stay tuned for further updates once we know more.