Spiteful Warrior is a new Hearthstone archetype which takes the rough shell of the recently added Rush format, but makes room for Spiteful Summoner. To be very clear, this is an experimental deck that you should be cautious about crafting if you don't have the cards. You only have two spells to activate the Summoner after all, and if they end up in your hand first you're in trouble.
Still, it's seeing some play and so we wanted to highlight the most competitive version of the deck that's currently being piloted. As the list improves, we'll update this article with a new one and adjust the rest of our guide content around it. Have fun and let us know how you get on with this interesting twist for the meta in the comments!
Spiteful Warrior deck list and strategy
This is the version of Spiteful Warrior that's seeing the most play at this early stage of the Witchwood meta. We'll keep an eye on developments and bring you an updated deck list if a better version emerges.
|2 x Town Crier||2 x Acidic Swamp Ooze|
|2 x Redband Wasp||2 x Acolyte of Pain|
|2 x Woodcutter's Axe||2 x Hench-Clan Thug|
|2 x Fiery War Axe||2 x Spellbreaker|
|2 x Frothing Berserker||1 x Leeroy Jenkins|
|2 x Blood Razor|
|2 x Kor'kron Elite|
|2 x Militia Commander|
|1 x Darius Crowley|
|2 x Spiteful Summoner|
|2 x Lesser Mithril Spellstone|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAQcCrwTN7wIOHJEDjgXyBYoH+wzMzQLP4wLX6wKF7QKm7wKd8AKX8wLR9QIA
We'll update this section of our Spiteful Warrior guide with strategy advice when we've had more time to play it in the live game. For now, check the combo section at the bottom of this page for a breakdown of how the different cards in this deck interact with one another.
More great Warrior guides:
- 1. Best Budget Decks - Hearthstone: Best Budget Decks for Ashes of Outland
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Ashes of Outland)
- 3. Bomb Warrior - Bomb Warrior deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 4. Galakrond Tempo Warrior - Galakrond Tempo Warrior deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 5. Face Highlander Warrior - Face Highlander Warrior deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 6. Pirate Galakrond Warrior - Pirate Galakrond Warrior deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 7. Highlander Dragon Warrior - Highlander Dragon Warrior deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
Spiteful Warrior Mulligan guide
Although it's quite difficult to give specific Mulligan advice at such an early stage of the Witchwood meta, we can give you a bit of general advice for starting off on the right foot.
In general, keeping hold of cards like Town Crier, Redband Wasp and Woodcutter's Axe seems like a sensible plan. The Town Crier gives you a body on the board and some extra fuel, while Redband Wasp helps you take charge of the board right away. When fully spent, Woodcutter's Axe will give extra power to the Rush minion grabbed by Town Crier.
When the meta has calmed down a little bit and we know more about your likely opponents, we'll update our Mulligan advice with information on what to keep against specific heroes.
Spiteful Warrior tips, combos and synergies
Here's a breakdown of how the various cards in this deck interact with each other. This should give you a decent grounding in the fundamentals of how to play it until our next update.
- When Town Crier is played he'll pluck one of the remaining Rush minions sitting in your deck pile and add it to your hand.
- Once Redband Wasp has taken damage, it'll gain an extra three points of Attack value. This'll often get you a couple of trades in the early game.
- Woodcutter's Axe has very nice synergy with Town Crier. If he's added a Rush card to your hand, you have a target set up for the Deathrattle effect of the weapon.
- Frothing Berserker gains one point of Attack strength every time a minion - friendly or otherwise - takes damage. The Battlecry and Deathrattles of Blood Razor have important synergy in this context.
- Blood Razor also has important synergy with Acolyte of Pain, helping you to get at least a couple of card draws off the minion.
- When you attack with a weapon, your active Hench-Clan Thug will gain an extra point of Attack and Health stats. Take this into consideration before potentially wasting some of his damage on your turn.
- In its basic form, Lesser Mithril Spellstone summons a 5 / 5 minion. If you can equip a weapon while the spell's in your hand though, that increases to two minions. Equip another weapon and the card maxes out at three summons.
- Militia Commander can attack on the same turn he's played, and he'll actually have five points of Attack on that starting turn as well.
- Every time Darius Crowley kills a minion he gains +2 / +2 stats.
- When Spiteful Summoner is put into play, you'll reveal a spell and summon a minion that costs the same as that very spell. As Lesser Mithril Spellstone is the only spell in this deck, you're guaranteed to get a random seven-Mana minion - assuming you have a Spellstone left in your deck, of course.