Hearthstone's Journey to Un'Goro expansion is finally live in all regions around the world, and over the last few days we've been busy creating all of the mechanic and gameplay guides you could possibly need to get stuck into the new cards and deck archetypes being cooked up.
The original version of our Un'Goro guide had become a litle messy and outdated over time, and so we wanted to take the opportunity to give it a complete makeover and make it much easier to use. We wouldn't quite go as far as to say the launch dust had settled altogether, but it's a good time to take stock and tidy things up a bit.
We'll keep adding to this list over time, of course, but for now we hope this gives you everything you need for the new metagame. We'd love to hear your feedback in the comments so we can make this Un'Goro guide the best resource you need.
UPDATE #4 - We've added a load of non-Quest decks to our guide, including one very big recommendation for Control Paladin. This one's proving pretty powerful at all levels of the ladder, so give it a go if you don't mind a somewhat slower climb this season.
New Un'Goro decks
The headline news is that the Un'Goro expansion has introduced a new Quest card mechanic for the game. All nine heroes have received a unique Quest card which requires him to complete a certain objective - summon so many Deathrattle minions, for example, or play a certain number of Taunt creatures.
In exchange for completing this tricky challenge, you'll be rewarded with an appropriately juicy card to mess around with. If you want to find out more about how this new card type works, take a look at our Quest guide. If you already know what's what, here are guides for playing them all:
Un'Goro Quest deck list guides:
- Druid - Quest Druid deck list guide (Jungle Giants)
- Hunter - Quest Hunter deck list guide (The Marsh Queen)
- Mage - Quest Mage deck list guide (Open the Waygate)
- Paladin - Quest Buff Paladin deck list guide (The Last Kaleidosaur)
- Priest - Quest Priest deck list guide (Awaken the Makers)
- Rogue - Quest Rogue deck list guide (The Caverns Below)
- Shaman - Quest Murloc Shaman deck list guide (Unite the Murlocs)
- Warlock - Quest Warlock Zoo deck list guide (Lakkari Sacrifice)
- Warrior - Quest Taunt Warrior Zoo deck list guide (Fire Plume's Heart)
Plenty of old archetypes have survived the transition to Un'Goro as well, and we're in the process of updating them all! Here are the ones we've already got ready for you:
Un'Goro deck list guides:
- Aggro Burn Mage deck list guide
- Aggro Token Druid deck list guide
- Aggro Paladin deck list guide
- Control Mage deck list guide
- Control Paladin deck list guide
- Control Shaman deck list guide
- Dragon Priest deck list guide
- Elemental Mage deck list guide
- Elemental Shaman deck list guide
- Face Hunter deck list guide
- Handlock deck list guide
- Jade Druid deck list guide
- Midrange Hunter deck list guide
- Miracle Rogue deck list guide
- Murloc Paladin deck list guide
- Pirate Warrior deck list guide
- Secret Mage deck list guide
- Silence Priest deck list guide
- Tempo Mage deck list guide
- Token Shaman deck list guide
- Zoo Warlock deck list guide
If you're short on gold or cash then you might find our collection of budget Un'Goro decks useful. We're still fleshing this guide out right now, but most of the heroes are covered!
Budget Un'Goro decks:
New Adapt mechanic
Beyond the new Quest cards that have hit the game, the Journey to Un'Goro expansion introduced another new mechanic called Adapt. You'll see this new keyword appear on quite a few of the cards, and it simply means that when you play one of them you'll be able to give the minions one of three buffs that are presented.
These three options that you see are themselves randomly selected from a total pool of ten. You can view all of the options in our table below, while our Adapt guide page will be the focal long-term destination for all things to do with this mechanic.
|Can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers
|Deathrattle: Summon two 1/1 Plants
|Stealth until your next turn
|+1 / +1 stats
Un'Goro Quest cards
We've already run through how the new Quest card work at the top of the page, but here's a gallery that shows both the Quest and Rewards that each hero in the game now has access to:
Druid Quest card
Druid Quest reward
Hunter Quest card
Hunter Quest reward
Mage Quest card
Mage Quest reward
Paladin Quest card
Paladin Quest reward
Priest Quest card
Priest Quest reward
Rogue Quest reward
Rogue Quest reward
Shaman Quest card
Shaman Quest reward
Warlock Quest card
Warlock Quest reward
Warrior Quest card
Warrior Quest reward
Crafting guide and best cards
Although it's extremely early days for the Un'Goro metagame - and you need to be extremely careful with your crafting dust - we've got a quick crafting guide for you. This is based on the recent card evaluation by Trump, and is subject to change over time.
Based largely on the above data, we're also in the process of putting together handy snapshot articles that let you know what the best Legendary, Epic, Rare and Common Un'Goro cards are.
Again, they'll be subject to change and much more accurate once the metagame has settled down. When that happens, we'll be analysing deck lists, counting card popularity, and restyling our guides accordingly.
- Hearthstone: The best Un'Goro Legendary cards
- Hearthstone: The best Un'Goro Epic cards
- Hearthstone: The best Un'Goro Rare cards - Coming soon!
- Hearthstone: The best Un'Goro Common cards - Coming soon!
New Un'Goro cards
There are of course plenty of new cards to play around with in the Un'Goro expansion. We don't want to bloat out this core guide too much, so head on over to our collection of galleries for a look at what's new for every hero:
(We've also got a selection of Un'Goro wallpapers if you want to give your desktop a celebration makeover!)
That's it for this latest update. Hopefully our Un'Goro guide should now be a lot easier to use, yet still contain all of the information you need.
We're still in the process of updating deck lists and general guides, so check back here for plenty of updates in the coming days and weeks. If there's anything in particular you'd like to see us cover that's missing, just sound off in the comments!