Weasel Priest is a new kind of Hearthstone deck, one which builds upon the Awaken the Makers Quest that was introduced with last year's Journey to Un'Goro. Previous versions of Quest Priest were simply too slow, but by leaning on Weasel Tunneler you should find it a lot easier to complete the objective and receive your reward.
That's not to say that this deck should be considered particularly competitive right now, but it is something a little different for the hero, and so we've highlighted a deck list concocted by pro player Savjz. As it's an off-meta deck this guide is briefer than usual, but with the deck list and combo teardown you should have enough to at least get started with.
Don't forget to let us know how you're getting on with this new twist on an old archetype in the comments!
The following deck list was created by Savjz
|1 x Awaken the Makers
|2 x Weasel Tunneler
|2 x Crystalline Oracle
|1 x Bloodmage Thalnos
|2 x Potion of Madness
|2 x Doomsayer
|2 x Shadow Visions
|2 x Loot Hoarder
|2 x Mirage Caller
|2 x Plated Beetle
|2 x Twilight's Call
|1 x Youthful Brewmaster
|1 x Herald Volazj
|1 x Zola the Gorgon
|2 x Psychic Scream
|2 x Carnivorous Cube
|1 x Shadowreaper Anduin
|1 x Elise the Trailblazer
|1 x N'Zoth, the Corruptor
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAa0GCMPqApDTAs/HApbEAoqwAuCsAu0FnwML6uYCqeICi+EC6NAC1cEC 0cECw8EC5bwCtbsC+wGKAQA=
More great Priest guides:
- 1. Best Budget Decks - Hearthstone: Best Budget Decks
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Ashes of Outland)
- 3. Resurrect Priest - Resurrect Priest deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 4. Albatross Priest - Albatross Priest deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 5. Highlander Priest - Highlander Priest deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 6. Quest Resurrect Priest - Quest Resurrect Priest deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 7. Quest Priest - Quest Priest deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
Here are the combo highlights contained in this exact version of Weasel Priest. We've also included a few tips on how particular cards work as well.
- Awaken the Makers is the core Quest card in this deck. Once put into play, your job is to field seven Deathrattle minions in order to receive Amara, Warden of Hope as your reward. This is a 5 Mana 8 / 8 minion with Taunt, which also sets your Health to 40 when put into play.
- Potion of Madness can very often be used against aggro opponents to steal one minion and then slam it into another, effectively getting two-for-one value on the spell.
- Twilight's Call is obviously best played once you've lost a Weasel Tunneler or two and can make a decent summon play to count towards your quest progress.
- Likewise, the wider the Weasel presence you've established when Herald Volazj is played, the greater the contribution to your quest you'll achieve.
- As well as being useful as a board-clearing effect, sending a table full of Weasels into your opponent's deck pile with Psychic Scream will seriously mess with their card draw!
- When Shadowreaper Anduin is played, any minions on the board with five or more Attack will be obliterated. You'll also gain a new Hero Power called Voidform which deals 2 damage for 2 Mana. Voidform resets each time you play a card, allowing you to potentially use it multiple times in a single turn.
- The following cards can all be used to "bounce" or duplicate minions like Weasel Tunneler back into your hand: Youthful Brewmaster and Zola the Gorgon.
- When N'Zoth, the Corruptor is played, your board will be filled with Deathrattle minions that had died earlier on in the match.