Wild Midrange Hunter is one of the most consistent decks we think you can wield in the always experimental Wild format of Hearthstone. Even though you'll rarely present your opponent with any surprises, it nevertheless fares well in both aggressive and control match-ups. If it's safe to say that experienced players will rarely struggle to read your plays, the sheer value of this deck will still see you come out on top more often than not.
In our Wild Midrange Hunter guide, we've got a great deck list for you to start playing around with, along with an idea of the general strategy involved with piloting this archetype. After that we've got some brief but useful Mulligan advice to help you plan out your first few turns, followed by an outline of all the card combos available.
(For the Standard version of this deck, make sure you take a look at our Midrange Hunter (Standard) deck list and guide)
Wild Midrange Hunter deck list and strategy - Un'Goro
Here's a pretty typical take on Wild Midrange Hunter for the Un'Goro metagame.
|2 x Alleycat||MSG||2 x Piloted Shredder||GVG|
|2 x Jeweled Macaw||UNG||2 x Sludge Belcher||NAX|
|2 x Crackling Razormaw||UNG|
|2 x Kindly Grandmother||KAR|
|2 x Quick Shot||BRM|
|2 x Scavenging Hyena|
|2 x Animal Companion|
|2 x Kill Command|
|2 x Rat Pack||MSG|
|2 x Unleash the Hounds|
|2 x Houndmaster|
|2 x Tundra Rhino|
|2 x Savannah Highmane|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID:
As with all Midrange Hunter decks you need to think about the opponent you're facing, and the position that you need to assume in order to overcome them. Up against an aggressive opponent? Take a more controlling position, let them run out of steam, and then take charge of the situation. Against more control-focused opponents, you'll need to wrap up the match a lot more quickly.
Regardless of who you're up against, getting presence on the board from the very first turn will make a huge difference to your overall odds of success. See the Mulligan section for more details on this approach. Having taken charge of the early and mid stages of the game - and established your presence - you should be able to start pushing through for game-ending damage.
Wild Midrange Hunter Mulligan guide - Un'Goro
This is quite a fast Midrange Hunter deck, and so you've plenty of early-game options to play around with. Look for plays such as Alleycat, Jeweled Macaw and Kindly Grandmother so you get out on the board straight away.
If you've an early minion taken care of, Crackling Razormaw is great for gaining a little extra tempo advantage - see the combo section at the bottom of this page for all your Adapt optons.
More popular guides:
- 1. Wild Midrange Hunter - Wild Midrange Hunter deck list guide
- 2. Best Wild decks - The best Wild Hearthstone decks
- 3. Best Standard decks - The best Standard Hearthstone decks
- 4. Tier List - Deck Tier List
- 5. Arena guide - Arena guide
Wild Midrange Hunter tips, combos and synergies - Un'Goro
Here are the key combos you need to be thinking about when playing Wild Midrange hunter:
- If a minion is classified as a Beast, then it will increase the damage output of Kill Command.
- The better Rat Pack's stats are, the more creatures it will spawn on death. Look to cards like Houndmaster and Crackling Razormaw to get it boosted up a bit.
- Every time a Beast dies, Scavenging Hyena becomes more powerful. This has particular synergy with Unleash the Hounds.
- If Tundra Rhino is on the board and has not been silenced, every subsequently played Beast minion will be able to attack straight away. Consider the power of playing this minion on Turn 5, then Savannah Highmane on Turn 6!
- Beast minions can be put through the Adapt process by Crackling Razormaw. You'll be asked to choose one of three options drawn from the following pool of possible plays:
|Crackling Shield||Divine Shield|
|Flaming Claws||+3 Attack|
|Liquid Membrane||Can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers|
|Living Spores||Deathrattle: Summon two 1/1 Plants|
|Rocky Carapace||+3 Health|
|Shrouding Mist||Stealth until your next turn|
|Volcanic Might||+1 / +1 stats|