Wild Murloc Shaman is a Hearthstone deck that's built around the core concept of finishing the hero's Unite the Murlocs Quest. Field enough Murlocs onto the board after putting this Quest card into play and you'll trigger a reward in the form of Megafin. This 5 Mana 8/8 Murloc replenishes your hand with a random selection of Murlocs when played - just in case you hadn't played enough already...
In our guide to playing this Wild deck, we've detailed a pretty cool deck list which many players have found a great deal of success with. We've also got a rough overview of the strategy that's required to pilot the deck correctly, and added a bit of Mulligan advice to help you get off to a good start. Finally, you'll find tonnes of tips and tricks for squeezing more efficiency out of this deck at the bottom of the page.
If this deck takes off in popularity then we'll add even more detail to it over time. Until then, please share your own advice for playing it in the comments.
BREAKING NEWS! A new expansion is coming! Check out our Frozen Throne guide for all the latest information.
Wild Murloc Shaman deck list and strategy - Un'Goro
You'll find a lot more variation in the make-up of Wild decks than you will on the Standard ladder, but we still reckon this is the best Wild Murloc Shaman deck list you can play in the current meta:
|1 x Lightning Bolt
|2 x Murloc Tidecaller
|1 x Unite the Murlocs
|1 x Sir Finley Mrrgglton
|2 x Devolve
|2 x Bluegill Warrior
|2 x Flametongue Totem
|2 x Murloc Tidehunter
|2 x Maelstrom Portal
|2 x Rockpool Hunter
|2 x Primalfin Totem
|1 x Coldlight Seer
|2 x Call in the Finishers
|2 x Murloc Warleader
|1 x Siltfin Spiritwalker
|1 x Gentle Megasaur
|2 x Everyfin is Awesome
|1 x Old Murk-Eye
|1 x Finja, the Flying Star
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID:
The strategy here isn't enormously complicated. Once you've got your Unite the Murlocs Quest underway, you want to field a steady stream of minions as quickly as possible in order to trigger the reward. Don't be afraid to do a little light trading in the early stages of the game though, and if doing so will ultimately leave you with more power on the board across more turns.
Having two or more Murlocs on the board is the ideal time to use your Gentle Megasaur, although do keep in mind that you only have one of these creatures in this particular version of the deck. If you really get unlucky with your opening hand, you may even have to play him as a solo vanilla minion if you've no other plays.
Apart from that it's a case of weaving your Murloc synergies together as best you can as you snowball your threat on the board. You'll gain the greatest amount of strategic insight on this by studying the combo section at the bottom of this page. This is a deck that also rewards those who have a decent understanding of the meta, and can anticipate likely board-clears or lethal responses.
Wild Murloc Shaman Mulligan guide - Un'Goro
As with all aggressive Murloc decks it's very important that you make the most of your Mana resources in the first three to four turns. You're going to keep Unite the Murlocs for a Turn 1 play, but your follow-up plays from there are dependant on what else you might have picked up.
If you have The Coin, then being able to play - for example - a Murloc Tidecaller and a Rockpool Hunter combo on Turn 2 is an incredible powerful move that should really get you trucking on your road to victory. Just take time to look at what you've got in your opening hand, and have a clear path to spending your Mana in the early game.
A quick note about aggro opponents: if you're absolutely sure you're facing one, then showing a little patience and combining Devolve with Maelstrom Portal on Turn 4 will more often than not be devastating for them. If you have The Coin, this is an even easier play to hold out for!
More popular guides:
- 1. Wild Aggro Shaman - Wild Aggro Shaman deck list guide
- 2. Wild Control Shaman - Wild Control Shaman deck list guide
- 3. Wild Midrange Shaman - Wild Midrange Shaman deck list guide
- 4. Wild Murloc Shaman - Wild Murloc Shaman deck list guide
- 5. Wild Token Shaman - Wild Token Shaman deck list guide
- 6. Best Wild decks - The best Wild Hearthstone decks
- 7. Best Standard decks - The best Standard Hearthstone decks
- 8. Tier List - Deck Tier List
- 9. Arena guide - Arena guide
Wild Murloc Shaman tips, combos and synergies - Un'Goro
There are lots of combos to think about with Wild Murloc Shaman and you need to be firmly on top of all of them to establish a decent win-rate with the deck.
Take a bit of time to study the following until they're all second nature:
- We've mentioned it at the start of this article, but it's worth reiterating again that Devolve combined with Maelstrom Portal can be a brutal way of cutting aggro opponents down to size.
- It's important to think about positioning when playing this deck. You might need to cycle a number of minor minions off against a bigger obstacle, and you'll want to have each minion benefit from Flametongue Totem as the board state shifts around with each death.
- You'll gain an extra card for your hand any time a minion dies while Siltfin Spiritwalker is out in play. Just bear in mind that playing this card comes with an Overload penalty.
- Each subsequently summoned Murloc increases the Attack value of Murloc Tidecaller by a single point.
- You can gain a significant tempo swing by dropping Rockpool Hunter on one of your earlier Murloc plays.
- The Coldlight Seer Battlecry buff is applied to all minions active at the time, and provides a permanent boost to their Health.
- On the other hand, it's important to keep in mind that the boost provided by Murloc Warleader is not permanent. If he's killed or silenced, those extra stats will vanish from the beneficiaries.
- Old Murk-Eye can not only attack on the same turn he's played, he'll also do so with an extra point of Attack value for each other Murloc you currently have on the board. It's important to do your maths carefully when playing this deck, as you might be closer to victory than you think!
- Whenever Finja, the Flying Star kills an enemy minion, two remaining Murlocs in your deck pile will be brought into play.
- Everyfin is Awesome not only increases the stats of all your minions by +2 / +2, it'll cost one less Mana for each Murloc on the board.
- Once Gentle Megasaur is placed on the board, you'll be able to choose from one of three buffs for your Murlocs. These three options will be randomly selected from the following choice of ten:
|Can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers
|Deathrattle: Summon two 1/1 Plants
|Stealth until your next turn
|+1 / +1 stats