Wild Quest Rogue is a combo-heavy Hearthstone deck that challenges you to complete The Caverns Below Quest in order to receive the Crystal Core reward.
This powerful spell card ensures that every subsequently played minion has 5/5 stats, but to get hold of it you'll first of all have to field the same minion a total of four times. It's cards like Youthful Brewmaster and Gadgtezan Ferryman who help you reach this target, and "bypass" the two card limit that might makes this feat seem impossible at first glance.
In our Wild Quest Rogue guide, we've got a snapshot of the best deck list you can pilot in the current meta, and also linked to our Standard guide to the archetype which contains loads more information. To help you get to grips with this particular deck list though, we've broken down the core combos at the bottom of this page.
BREAKING NEWS! A new expansion is coming! Check out our Frozen Throne guide for all the latest information.
Wild Quest Rogue deck list and strategy - Un'Goro
Here's the most popular Wild Quest Rogue deck list we're aware of. Let us know in the comments if you've found greater success with any other versions:
|2 x Preparation
|2 x Fire Fly
|2 x Shadowstep
|2 x Glacial Shard
|2 x Swashburglar
|1 x Patches the Pirate
|1 x The Caverns Below
|2 x Southsea Deckhand
|2 x Gadgetzan Ferryman
|2 x Stonetusk Boar
|2 x Mimic Pod
|2 x Bilefin Tidehunter
|2 x Vanish
|2 x Novice Engineer
|2 x Youthful Brewmaster
|2 x Igneous Elemental
Deck Import ID:
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to import this deck into your game.
(For general strategy advice, take a look at our comprehensive Quest Rogue deck list guide for the Standard format.)
More popular guides:
- 1. Wild Quest Rogue - Wild Quest Rogue deck list guide
- 2. Wild Miracle Rogue - Wild Miracle Rogue deck list guide
- 3. Best Wild decks - The best Wild Hearthstone decks
- 4. Best Standard decks - The best Standard Hearthstone decks
- 5. Tier List - Deck Tier List
- 6. Arena guide - Arena guide
Wild Quest Rogue tips, combos and synergies - Un'Goro
Here are the most powerful combos that fuel Wild Quest Rogue:
- The following cards can be used to "bounce" your quest target back into your hand: Shadowstep, Gadgetzan Ferryman and Youthful Brewmaster. Vanish is another extreme way of getting your card(s) back if things are really dragging on.
- Preparation followed by Crystal Core is a very strong combo to aim for, especially when you have a board of active minions that you want to boost up straight away and on the cheap.
- You won't always have the luxury of choice but it's ideal to save your minions with Charge for after you've activated Crystal Core. This can provide an incredible source of burst damage for closing down the match before the opponent can respond.
- If Patches the Pirate is still somewhere in your deck, playing another Pirate will see this character dragged into play. Just don't forget to use the extra damage before ending your turn!
- Southsea Deckhand can only attack on the same turn he's played if you have a weapon in your hand. Think carefully before spending that last point of Durability.