Wild Taunt Warrior is a Hearthstone deck that plays not unlike its Control counterpart, albeit with a firm focus on stalling the opponent through taunts in order to trigger the Fire Plume's Heart reward: Sulfuras. This 3 Mana 4/2 weapon turns your hero power into a source of damage that hits a random minion for 8 points of damage!
In our guide to playing this archetype, we've highlighted what we believe is the best Wild Taunt Warrior deck list you can use right now. Just after that we've got a few tips for surviving the Mulligan phase, then we've broken down all of the card synergies that exist in this particular version of the deck.
The Wild ladder isn't anywhere near as popular as the Standard ladder right now - sadly - and so this guide isn't quite as in-depth as the ones you might be used to. If you've got any questions about playing it though, post a comment and let us know what's causing you a problem. Someone in the community is sure to get you on the right path if we're not about at the time!
BREAKING NEWS! A new expansion is coming! Check out our Frozen Throne guide for all the latest information.
Wild Taunt Warrior deck list and strategy - Un'Goro
This particular version of Wild Taunt Warrior was cooked up by Dog, and we think it's about the best version you can play in the current meta:
|1 x Fire Plume's Heart||UNG||2 x Dirty Rat||MSG|
|1 x Whirlwind||1 x Unstable Ghoul||NAX|
|2 x Armorsmith||2 x Acolyte of Pain|
|2 x Battle Rage||2 x Deathlord||NAX|
|2 x Execute||2 x Stonehill Defender||UNG|
|2 x Fiery War Axe||2 x Sludge Belcher||NAX|
|2 x Slam||1 x N'Zoth, the Corruptor||TOG|
|1 x Sleep with the Fishes||MSG|
|2 x Death's Bite||NAX|
|2 x Brawl|
|1 x Direhorn Hatchling||UNG|
Deck Import ID:
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to import this deck into your game.
For more detailed strategy advice on how to play this deck, make sure you have a look through our Standard Taunt Warrior deck list guide. We've also got a breakdown of all the combos contained in this deck towards the bottom of the page - study these carefully if you want to understand how this deck works!
More Hearthstone guides:
- 1. Wild Taunt Warrior - Wild Taunt Warrior deck list guide
- 2. Wild Pirate Warrior - Wild Pirate Warrior deck list guide
- 3. Best Wild decks - The best Wild Hearthstone decks
- 4. Best Standard decks - The best Standard Hearthstone decks
- 5. Tier List - Deck Tier List
- 6. Arena guide - Arena guide
Wild Taunt Warrior Mulligan guide - Un'Goro
Fiery War Axe is a must-keep in every single match up as it'll do so much work for you. In terms of minions you'll get a lot of use out of Deathlord and Unstable Ghoul. You'd rather have a way of proactively pinging Acolyte of Pain to ensure a couple of draws, but it's by no means a disaster if this ends up in your starting hand either.
Wild Taunt Warrior tips, combos and synergies - Un'Goro
Here are the card combos that you need to keep in the back of your mind whenever you're playing Wild Taunt Warrior:
- The following cards all count towards the progress of Fire Plume's Heart: Direhorn Hatchling, Dirty Rat, Unstable Ghoul, Deathlord, Stonehill Defender and Sludge Belcher.
- When N'Zoth, the Corruptor is played onto the board your Deathrattle minions that were killed earlier on will be resummoned into play.
- Every time a friendly minion takes damage, Armorsmith will gift you a point of Armor. Consider the impact that cards like Whirlwind, Sleep with the Fishes, and the Deathrattle effects of Death's Bite or Unstable Ghoul can have here.
- Got a lot of damaged minions out in play? That's an excellent time to drop Battle Rage and gain some extra fuel for your hand.
- The following cards can be used to make a tough enemy minion vulnerable to Execute: Whirlwind, Slam and Sleep with the Fishes. The Deathrattle effects of Death's Bite and Unstable Ghoul can also be used for this purpose - plus you can always chip away at them with Fiery War Axe too!