Zoo Priest, in Standard format, is a deck built to win the game by playing on curve and overwhelming the opponent.
This version of Zoo Priest is inspired by new cards revealed for Saviors of Uldum, including the new Legendary minion High Priest Amet, which changes friendly minions’ health to match its own whenever they are summoned.
This deck will need some refinement as new cards are constantly getting released, so check back here for updates.
Zoo Priest deck list and strategy
Here is the version of Zoo Priest we’re going for at the opening of Saviors of Uldum. Expect further refinements with card reveals and meta shifts, and we’ll be sure to update this page as and when they happen.
|2 x Circle of Healing||2 x Lightwarden|
|2 x Silence||2 x Mecharoo|
|1 x Inner Fire||1 x Murmy|
|2 x Northshire Cleric||2 x Neferset Ritualist|
|2 x Power Word: Shield||1 x Wild Pyromancer|
|2 x Divine Spirit||1 x Acolyte of Pain|
|2 x Extra Arms||1 x SN1P-SN4P|
|2 x Grandmummy||1 x Zilliax|
|1 x High Priest Amet|
|2 x Psychopomp|
|1 x Mass Dispel|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAa0GCPgC9gfWCvsMoIADqaUDyqsDn7cDC+UEpQnRCtIK8gz3DOX3Avb9Aq2lA6+lA4SoAwA=
More great Priest guides:
- 1. Best Budget Decks - Hearthstone: Best Budget Decks
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Ashes of Outland)
- 3. Resurrect Priest - Resurrect Priest deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 4. Albatross Priest - Albatross Priest deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 5. Highlander Priest - Highlander Priest deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 6. Quest Resurrect Priest - Quest Resurrect Priest deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 7. Quest Priest - Quest Priest deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
Zoo Priest is all about getting on board early and making your minions bigger than the enemy’s. Priest has multiple ways to do so, so follow our strategy to ensure this happens with some level of consistency.
Early Game: Play out your small minions and get them making solid value trades, or go face if the mood takes you. At this point, you’re mostly looking to draw a bit more into your zoo minions using your Acolyte of Pain and Northshire Cleric. Keep an eye out for an early lethal opportunity though! If a Northshire Cleric buffed by Power Word: Shield stays on the board, there’s a chance that playing two Divine Spirits and an Inner Fire is all you’ll need to finish the game.
Mid Game: When you’re into the mid game, really ramp up the pressure. Adding Extra Arms to your minions is a solid way of retaining board control and ramping up your damage numbers. If you can, High Priest Amet is a brilliant way to cheat some stats onto the board as well.
Particularly with your Deathrattle and Reborn minions like Grandmummy and SN1P-SN4P, you can buff small minions an enormous amount, as Amet’s effect triggers both when you play a minion from hand and when you resummon them. A bunch of 1/7 tokens is far more difficult to clear than 1/1s, so Amet creates a sticky board that your opponent won’t be too happy dealing with.
Late Game: Your deck is on the low-cost side, so card draw throughout the game is vital to get this late on. You should have established board control by now, which means you can start taking advantage of your big bunch of minions, particularly if you buffed them up with Amet. Extra Arms is great here if you have it, but just make sure you keep control of that board and go face, potentially finishing your foe with the classic Divine Spirit and Inner Fire combo, with Mass Dispel and Silence available to sneak past any Taunt minions.
Zoo Priest Mulligan Guide
Get on the board early, so make sure you mulligan aggressively.
1. Northshire Cleric is arguably the best 1 drop in the game, so keep hold of it here. You can use it to draw with both your Hero Power and cards like Circle of Healing.
2. Power Word: Shield can help you stick those early minions on the board and cycles through your deck nicely.
3. Cheap minions are essential, and those that stick around - even more so. In particular, Mecharoo is a solid keep, as you can Magnetize your SN1P-SN4P and Zilliax onto it a couple turns later if the opportunity arises.
Zoo Priest tips, combos and synergies
Zoo Priest is all about rolling your opponent over as quickly as possible, latching onto any lapse they make in their play. Here are our top tips and synergies to help you play this deck to its fullest:
- Don’t forget that your Northshire Cleric can draw cards if you heal enemy minions! It may seem counterintuitive, but Circle of Healing can be a fantastic way to get a whole lot of card draw, offsetting the supposed downside of healing the opponent’s minions.
- The new Neutral minion, Neferset Ritualist, combines amazingly well with High Priest Amet. If you manage to get a Lightwarden on the board, you’ll be in a prime position to perform a power play. Amet and the minions around him might be at a lower health total than their initial 7, but Neferset Ritualist can fix that and give your Lightwarden +4 attack in the process!
- Grandmummy’s Reborn mechanic means that it can buff two different minions with its Deathrattle, making it even more valuable than it first appears.
- Wild Pyromancer can be used alongside cheap spells and Acolyte of Pain or Northshire Cleric to damage minions and facilitate card draw.
- Psychopomp is a very powerful card when played situationally. The chance it has to resurrect High Priest Amet or SN1P-SN4P cannot be overstated. Similarly, even if it low rolls and only resurrects a Northshire Cleric or Mecharoo, the minions are still given Reborn, allowing for a significantly sticky board presence that the opponent will likely struggle to deal with.
- Extra Arms is one of the key cards in this deck. Essentially a more flexible version of Blessing of Kings, you can spread the stats gained by Extra Arms out amongst your minions, creating a wide board filled with various threats.
- Remember to heal High Priest Amet! If he’s down at 1 HP, your summoned minions will be too.
- Divine Spirit and Inner Fire exist in the deck to ensure a win condition at even the most drastic of times. Sometimes, a simple 6/6 Northshire Cleric early in the game is insurmountable for your opponent, so don’t be shy to toss all these stats into your minions early.